“Great resort for a relaxing getaway.” 5 of 5 bubbles

Villa del Arco Beach Resort & Spa
Ranked #9 of 71 Hotels in Cabo San Lucas
GreenLeadersSilver level
Tulare, California
“Great resort for a relaxing getaway.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 May 2014

Just got back from our 3rd trip to Cabo and 1st time at del Arco. My husband and I went with our kids (23 years, 18 years, and 15 months) and my mom and had a great time. We chose to do the all-inclusive and it paid for itself very quickly. We had family staying next door at the Estancia and the del Arco is definitely the more family friendly resort of the two. We chose to stay on the ground level because of the baby and were given a two room suite facing the lot next door. At first I thought yikes but it proved to be an amazing location. The patio is enclosed with a rod iron gate and faced the ocean...the view was amazing. There was a hot tub 20 steps from our room that hardly anyone knew about so it was ours most of the time.

Pros: pools are never overcrowded, hotel is not too loud nor too quiet, AMAZING staff, beautiful rooms, comfortable beds, great food, location is great, room service is quick, nice pool for toddlers (if you have kids 3 or older you might consider using the pools at the Palmar), THE DESERT SPA massages are WORTH IT!!

Cons: Check in took way to long, menu selection for room service needs a little more variety, drinks by the pool were just ok

Great staff includes Moises, Andres on the Bucaneer, Juan, Jorge by the pool

Unlike previous posters I was only asked about the timeshare once.

Room Tip: loved the location of 2801...patio faced the lot next door as well as the ocean.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank rbkranch

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (723)
Fremont, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 May 2014

Want to write a true review of a wonderful resort. It has it's faults, but nothing that would prevent me from returning again and again.

THIS IS BASED ON THE ALL INCLUSIVE package....I would recommend that in a heartbeat.....it is worth it as much as you will be drinking and eating. I probably ate at least $100 worth of food a day and drank twice that with water, smoothies and adult beverages.

I will do the Pro's and then Cons'

PROS
1. The check in process was a little tricky but nothing too bad. Our flight was canceled from Orange County and we arrived a day late. The staff was accommodating and understanding....my bride to be wasn't at first. With the cancellation of the flight the day before gave her and I a day to get things in order for the 20 people that were going to attend the wedding on the beach the next day (Thursday).

2. Clean facility and modern

3. Wait staff was AMMMMMMAZING. Sandro, Francisco, Enrique, Jesus, Benito or as my wife called them "The cabana boys" were waiting on everyone in our party were waiting on us hand and foot. We never wanted for water or a drink.

4. We mainly ate at the "El Patron" and the food was great as well as the wait staff. Our favorite was "Endredira" (sp). She was polite, funny and joked with us. She even got my dad chocolate cake and cheesecake that wasn't in the menu. If you eat there, ask for her and the manager "Victor".....kind, friendly and accommodating.

5. We ate at the "Palomar" also in the Italian restaurant and the food was amazing and had real brick oven pizza.

6. The drinks were good and refreshing on the hot days.

7. I got married there on the Thursday and the El patron restaurant is were we had the wedding dinner. It was decorated very nice with covers over the chairs and candles lit and lite music playing in the background. Food was good as always.

8. When we got back to our room the guest services put orchid petals on the bed in the shape of a heart and made to TOWEL swans for us. They filled the tub with warm water and bubbles and sprinkled orchid petal on top. We didn't partake of the bath because quite frankly, we were both tired from the day. But it was a real nice touch and it made us smile.

9. Roccio the wedding coordinator was by far the BEST we have dealt with. When we got there, my wife called her and within 30 mins. they were talking and arranging for things. She sent her dress out to get steamed and pressed and ordered flowers, called the photographer and had the canopy built on the beach....AMAZING!. Talk about a stress reliever for my wife.

Now the CONS

1. House keeping: That was probably our biggest gripe. We had the deluxe room and out of the 7 days we were there our room was completely made-up 2 times. The other 3 times it was "refreshed". I know a couple of times we were in our rooms and said to come back later. We also put the little card on the outside that said "Please make up room". We had ordered room service one afternoon and the plates were stacked on the kitchen table. When we got back later that night....the room was completely made over.....but the dishes were on the table in the exact place we left them. If we were suppose to put them on the porch, we were never told.

2. The wristbands were annoying. When we booked out rooms (4), my wife and I were staying 7 days while 2 of the other rooms the occupants were only going to be there 5 days. Due to the rooms and number of occupants allowed per room, we had to book my youngest son with my sister-in-law and her family. He flew with my parents and was suppose to arrive a couple of hours before us. Well, as I said before, our flight was canceled and we didn't fly in until the next morning. It was a hassle to explain the situation for my elderly parents and allow my son (that wasn't booked in their room) to eat. My Dad said "they wanted us to pay for the food even though we had ALL INCLUSIVE". They could see my son in the system under my sister-in-laws name. My dad managed to work it out and he was able to eat, but only after our travel agent called to inform them of the canceled flight.

3. Internet price of the internet. - I had brought my 2 work computers and 2 smartphones and an iPad because with my job I have to be available when needed. I asked at the desk about logging in. I knew the cost was going to be about $50 - 60 for the week....that wasn't the issue. My problem was this; I connected my main laptop to connect to work...signed up, created an account....no problem. Then I tried to connect to the secure server we have at work.......NOTHING....no matter what I tried. So, the 1 time I did have to work, I had to go to Starbucks in town and connect through them.....WITHOUT issue.

I wanted to use my smartphone (Note 3) and tried to log in......said "A user with this account name is already taken". I then re-read the EULA screen....said "Prices are per device/ not room or user". So, if I wanted to connect all 5 of my devices, it would have cost my $300 for the week. I personally think that is a LITTLE outrageous when I can go into town, but a Ice Tea for $3.00 and get unlimted Wi-Fi for however long I need it.

4. When we sat to eat, I would have my wife and I and daughter at out table....our daughter was registered in another room. But she ate with us. When the ordered, we HAD to give her room also as well as ours. She has special needs and has a hard time writing. The wait staff was very understanding and most of the time would let us sign for her. But at times I feel it was like playing tic-tac-toe most of the time to get the bill signed.

I have an idea. On the wrist bands....get ones with RFID tags and get a reader, assign the number and name to the chip on the wristband and the wait staff can just scan it there....voila....DONE!

5. I know the hotel can't really control the people on the beach selling stuff to the tourists, but my 18 year old nephew and I were offered to buy weed, crack and "blow"......or cigars from the same vendor. I ignored it and laughed. If you ignore them....they won't bother you.

6. The gym was neat and clean with TV's and latest equipment. I do think they need to have the treadmills worked on because the belt was slipping really bad to the point you had to hold onto to the handle or you might fall. I thought it was just mine, but the one next to me the guy said the same thing.

I know it seems like I have a lot of CONS...but it really wasn't that bad....I guess the whole wristbands + room number and the number of occupants matching was the most annoying thing. But once you got use to the flow of things, it wasn't that bad at all. We might have been a unique situation because to had 20 people in 4 rooms and different family members booked in rooms.

Other reviewers complained about the "Time Share" sales people bugging them. I can say that we had absolutely NONE of that. I could tell who those people were and just went on my way. I suppose if you wanted to talk to them, they would have swarmed you.

The staff was great...to get a taxi only took about 2 or 3 mins. Be warned, it cost $9.00 (US) for 1 to 4 people and then after 4 people, it is $2.00 (US) for each additional passenger. The vans are nice, neat, clean and AIR CONDITIONED. If you are brave enough to walk (the distance, the neighborhood is nice) it is about a 15 min. easy walk. Everyone smiled and said "Hola" all the time!.

BOTTOMLINE is: We got back on a Tuesday, we have already talked to our travel agent to book us next year for our 1 year anniversary.

Room Tip: I would ask for a room that faces the inside or an ocean view. If you faces west, you get a swamp/ri...
1 Thank Keith S
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 May 2014

stayed here 4/27 - 5/5 and got married on 5/1

i would not recommend this place to get married. there were endless issues and an unresponsive staff, which most can imagine, can drive you insane when planning a wedding. most of our guests had issues with billing both during the booking process and checking out. i am sure some inefficiencies can be expected with a big party like we had, but it got out of hand. our big day ended up going off without a hitch, but all the issues both before and after were just too much to to bear. i will not be going here again and do not recommend it for a wedding.

if you are not getting married, the place isnt bad, but there are better values in cabo. del arco has a good location - close to downtown but not too close, food is good, service is not so good. prices are a little on the high side unless you get the all inclusive package. pool staff and service was top notch.

Room Tip: most rooms have a decent view, but there are a couple in building 1 that have none at all. make sur...
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Ben H
GMVDA, General Manager at Villa del Arco Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 17 May 2014
We do sympathize with Ben H’s frustration over the planning of his wedding, and readily accept responsibility for any booking or billing issues that some of his wedding guests may have experienced. However, Ben H’s wedding on May 1 was not at Villa del Arco, but rather at another nearby resort.

Villa del Arco has produced dozens of magnificent weddings this season alone, with Cabo’s world-famous Arch as a backdrop… and the newlyweds always seem to give us only the highest marks. We trust that the TA Community is not unnecessarily misled by the imprecise content of this review.
San Antonio, Texas, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2014

Megan Smith goes above/ beyond to make guests comfortable. Wait staff ( pool) Jesus A/ Sergio/ Juan Carlos/ Jorge were spectacular! Great resort recommend to all! Poolside manager Jorge is terrific!!!!!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Tara L
Houston, Texas, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2014

Just finished up a four day, three night trip at Villa del Arco. Since it was our first time in Cabo, we didn't know what to expect but we were very pleased we chose Arco. Upon checking in, we were immediately upgraded from a studio suite to a one bedroom suite. Essentially, it doubled our square footage in the room and on the patio. It came with a wonderful full kitchen, two full baths, one king size bed and a foldout Murphy bed.

Off the bat, I have to give a huge thank you to Berenice who made sure that all of our needs were met and did it in a fun and friendly way. Thank you, Berenice, for making our stay so special!

Here are some of the great things about Arco:
1. The location is close enough to the city to walk if you wanted yet far enough away to stay away from the loud night life. Although there was taxi service available to the city for $9 USD, we chose to take the local bus for $1 USD/person. Obviously, it was lacking some basic comfort like A/C, but it made up for it by getting really great authentic, off the beaten path restaurant recommendations from the locals. We went to three and would recommend them all: Mariscos Mazatlan (the ceviche was to die for), Maria Corona, and Maria Jimenez.
2. The rooms were laid out very well, were clean and functional. No complaints at all.
3. There was plenty of room by all the different pools to find a spot for soaking up the sun.
4. The spa and exercise room were extremely nice.

Helpful hint: on the first day, we took the local bus to the Wal-Mart and stocked up on things like sun screen, beer, bottled water, snacks, etc.... so that we did not have to buy them at the resort. It was a very easy and quick trip and saved us tons of money in the end.

3 Thank Ken G
Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 May 2014

Stayed at your hotel early May 2014. All staff were friendly and helpful. Clean rooms. Small kitchenette-fridge, toaster, stove top etc. Walmart and other large stores close buy to stock up on the basics. Great location from the Marina-about a 30 minute walk. If you walk beach side you can stop and a few spots to rest and have a drink.

Room Tip: We have ocean view. Good location.
2 Thank Kelly M
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 May 2014

The Time share is a dream. The people are great I thought I had lost 1 bag and Manuel the bellman at the front went out of his way and retrieve the bag for me by tracking down the taxi and having it returned.My special thanks to Sr. Enrique Agundez reservations, Sr.MIguel Angel Rodriguez Ramirez, and Wendy assistant to Sr Douglas Dodge. The resort is clean, well managed and the staff went above and beyond to meet our needs.

Room Tip: Try to get an Ocean view
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends