Our travel agent suggested this resort for our 10 year anniversary and it was a gift to go. We selected to stay six nights and used the all inclusive plan. We are not time share members either.
Pros- if you like quiet, smaller resorts that are impeccably maintained, this is it! There are beautiful views of the Sea of Cortez and Mendano beach. Easy to get to the beach and water sports. Everyone is so helpful and friendly. Jorge was one of our favorite employees who was helpful with suggestions and chatting to us. Loved the pool area and drink service. Again we had all inclusive and very worth it if you want to have drinks and food! Otherwise you will pay big time. Since we were at Arco, we could ride the trolley to the resort, Palamar, next door and eat there too. We enjoyed the Italian restaurant called Bella there for breakfast and dinner but otherwise we stayed at Arco. They have two reservation restaurants and two very casual eateries. We had a studio room versus the suites but it offered a nice view and met our needs since we were at the pool from sun up to sunset. Love the pools. There are 3 wonderfully maintained pools and 2 hot tubs.the chairs are plentiful but we did get up early to get the spot we wanted each day. We enjoyed ocean views every day after swimming in the pool or ocean. If there is anything you ever need, just ask! A quiet resort at night making it a nice way to end the day if you are not into bar hopping and clubs. It shuts down at 10:30
Cons: very few... we got suckered into a 3 hour time share presentation. Granted it saved us $200 on our 4 excursions, but they were pushy by the end making us very upset as we said no thanks many, many times. No swim up bar and free water sports have been eliminated. Lastly, you will sign for everything if on the all inclusive plan and can't enjoy the drinks in your room fridge unless you buy them. Never have we had that happen at any all inclusive.
Activities: snorkeling with Cabo Escape. Sailboat with Tropicat. Parasail! Plenty of chances to sail around the arches too. Go to town to eat once. Vendors are on the beach. Walking distance to bars on the beach but be prepared to go a mile. I suggest The Mojito for a drink or Hacienda for great Mexican. We did this our last night and really enjoyed it. Get a taxi one way or the other. Water taxis are available during the day too so negotiate for a $4 pp ride. We took a water taxi to Pelican Beach and Lovers Beach but went back to Pelican Beach another day because there is GREAT snorkeling and sand. Vendors are ruthless but bargain for everything!
We loved this place. So much to do and enjoy. Minus being a timeshare haven, it is a beautiful and quaint resort.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Create magical memories the minute you walk into Villa del Arco Beach Resort & Spa in Cabo San Lucas, an idyllic and delightful retreat, where the staff is committed to ensuring you get the best of the 3 Rs: relaxation, recreation and romance. This sophisticated five-star, all-suite property, often referred by past guests as calming, beautiful and comfortable, offers secluded stretches of beach where you can shut out the world and relish in the surroundings. Our comfortable, yet luxurious suites feature unbeatable views of sand and sea, including the exotic El Arco rock formation, the official symbol of Los Cabos. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Priceline, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Villa del Arco Beach Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Villa Del Arco Hotel Cabo San Lucas
- Hotel Del Arco
- Del Arco Hotel
- Villa Del Arco Cabo San Lucas
- Villa Del Arco Beach Resort & Spa Cabo San Lucas, Los Cabos, Mexico