“Vacation to Villa del Arco Resort in Cabo San Lucas”

Villa del Arco Beach Resort & Spa
Ranked #9 of 71 Hotels in Cabo San Lucas
GreenLeadersSilver level
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
“Vacation to Villa del Arco Resort in Cabo San Lucas”
Reviewed 24 July 2014

We finally coordinated a family vacation, and made it a reality in Cabo. We not only got to enjoy Cabo at its best, but we got to enjoy it with our son and his family. We couldn't have been happier with the resort, including the spacious rooms, great service, wonderful amenities and tasty restaurants. The concierge was so helpful with all our questions and in making reservations, helping with transportation, scheduling tours and printing out boarding passes. Even though the resort is located within walking distance to Cabo, the marina and shopping mall, we had access to taxis everywhere we went. Our grandchildren spent one day swimming with the dolphins while we hung out at the pool and the beach. It was absolutely wonderful! [But, I am very hesitant in writing this review because it's so hard to get a reservation.]

Room Tip: We wanted an ocean view but did not get one. I don't think they offer enough ocean views becaus...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (748)
Highland, California
Reviewed 24 July 2014

This was our first time in Los Cabos and I will happily return to the same hotel! Best location in Baja! If you buy an All-inclusive plan (please, do!!! otherwise you will spend a fortune at the restaurants!) you can use 8 restaurants- 4 from Del Arco, and 4 from Del Palmas. The swimming pools are awesome, up to chest deep, same temperature day and night, perfect for you and your little ones. My kids loved the pirate boat in the middle of the swimming pool, and we had lunch up on it many times. Food is excellent in all restaurants. The only minor problem we had was the room location- although it was a Deluxe Suite, it was placed near an air conditioner unit and it was a little noisy. I asked for another one, and because it was during a busy weekend, they did not have anything to change it with, so I was asked to wait until Monday. I changed my mind by Monday, because we only had like 2 more nights to stay. I also asked for an upper level room, but again, they did not have anything available. However, stuff is nice and willing to accommodate you, the truth is you don't spend too much time in the room, so that's why it did not bother us too much. We had a garden and partial ocean view, although I would get a swimming pool/ocean view next time. Overall this is a fantastic place for a family vacation! I can't wait to go back!

Room Tip: Make sure your room is not next to an air conditioner unit!!! Although I asked for an upper level ro...
Pleasanton, CA
Reviewed 23 July 2014

I just arrived home from a fantastic visit Villa Del Arco Spa and Resort. From beginning to end, everything was seamless. We contribute a lot that to our concierge, Rodrigo. It was so awesome to have a point of contact throughout our stay. If he wasn't there, he made sure a staff member was informed of our needs. How wonderful was that? We look forward to returning.

• Stayed July 2014
Norwalk, California
Reviewed 23 July 2014

I visited Cabo for the first time this past June and i loved evertyhing about Cabo, specially the beautiful beaches and the resort is excellent. We had such a great experience I cant wait to go back next year! I went to one of their meeting because i was interested to get information about purchasing a TIME SHARE. I meet with Sandra Mojica, she gave us such wonderful service, explain the program and answer all my questions i was so happy with her that i decided to purchased one of their packages. I can wait to go next year and stay at Villa Del Arco with my family. i already recomended a few of my family and friends to go with her.
Thank you Sandra Mojica for all your excellent service:)

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Covington, Louisiana
Reviewed 22 July 2014

One of the highlights of our week here was the daily exercise sessions with Joel and his assistant, Israel. My husband and I did the dailing Yoga/Stretching in the lawn by the pool each day at 11 am. Joel was an excellent teacher and gave special attention to everyone who attended regardless of their fitness level. He kept the mood light and fun, while encouraging us in proper technique and relaxation. It was a great warm up to the Water Aerobics at noon. Joel kept us all smiling and laughing, and we had so much fun we didn't even realize we were exercising! He's a great teacher and encourager- very positive!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Rancho Cucamonga, California, United States
Reviewed 21 July 2014

Everything about the hotel, staff and services was 5 star. Only complaint is little or no regulations on reserving chairs by the pools. Went down the first day to get a couple of chairs and found that there were none available. Guests would stake them out in the middle of the night and not use them until 2-3 in the afternoon. Staff said that if a chair was left unattended for over an hour the towels would be picked up, never saw that happen. I had to become one of the early birds to get a chair but I at least used it from 8 am until I finished baking.

2 Thank Dan B
Cameron Park, California
Reviewed 20 July 2014

We came this year with our adult children. We've all been here many times and will continue to return. The resort is beautiful, very clean and the staff couldn't get any better. The Desert Spa is a must and I would highly recommend it.

Room Tip: As long as you have a room that faces the pool, you should have no complaints. I've never had an...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

1 Thank Maria L