“All is well at del Arco”

Villa del Arco Beach Resort & Spa
Ranked #9 of 71 Hotels in Cabo San Lucas
GreenLeadersSilver level
Sacramento, California
“All is well at del Arco”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 August 2014

The employees work safely, and are very responsive to your needs. AND, they are finally coming into the 21st century--they now have women working as servers around the pool.

I do not think there is any good reason to take away the'money exchange' desk. at del Arcoo. I hope they lose one star over this removal.

Room Tip: Bring a bit of luck with you.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

1 Thank Jay H

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (736)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 August 2014

We had a wonderful time here. The facilities are great and the location is fantastic. Great view of the land's end. The rooms are very nice with big spacious balconies. The food was very good. We especially enjoyed dinners we had at La Casona and El Patron. The food from the Bucanero was also good. While it wasnt bad, Bella California was not our favorite. For us, we found it far more cost effective to not do the all inclusive option. The staff members are great, and delivered excellent service the whole time we were there. (Special shout out for Sandro, Andres, and the staff at La Casona - I believe our waiter's name was Marciel.) The spa is also top shelf and I enjoyed the facial and body scrub I had there. Gloria Luz was great. Very nice gym as well, which my husband especially appreciates.

We would recommend it to anyone. We went just the two of us, but as I'm expecting, we def plan to come back here with our baby in the near future. Great place for couples or families. All in all it was great; no complaints! And plus, the pirate ship is just cool!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
San Mateo, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 August 2014

I'm writing on my last night at Villa Del Arco. My family and I usually go to Hawaii on our summer vacays but this year due to scheduling, we had to change it up and we did Mexico instead. The heat in Cabo is unbearable but the quality of this resort made up for it. We spent six nights here and the housekeeping service was exceptional, our room was always perfect, cool and impeccable and their lobby always smells so damn good! My son's birthday always overlaps our vacations. I forgot to request a little surprise for my 10 year old before leaving so I went to the front desk and Francisco and his staff helped us put something together. It made my son's day! We had a birthday banner on our door to greet him, a "Happy Birthday" artwork written in pebbles on our bed and a little sweet treat.Thank you! We didn't do the all inclusive package so we did cook in our unit, groceries were via Walmart and the market on the resort, worked out well for us. We took a city bus to San Jose Del Cabo, what a great escape. I recommend that to anyone looking for a side trip. We did eat occasionally at the Taco Bar, what a great crew, so accommodating and make a great margarita. Our splurge was at El Faro, Carlos, our waiter was sooooo professional and knowledgeable. We watched the sunset while dining, great spot to finish your evening.

Room Tip: We were on the second floor facing the pool and the beach. Wish we were a few floor higher up but it...
1 Thank mw94402
Grand Prairie, Texas, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 August 2014

Today, we brought the whole family of 7, 5 adults and 2 children, to the breakfast buffet at El Patron Restaurant. The selection of food was phenomenal! Lots of fresh fruit, 4 kinds of freshly squeezed juices, fresh croissants and pastries, pancakes, french toast, waffles, made to order omelets, and several house specialty Mexican dishes. I didn't even get to try any of the yogurt or freshly baked muffins. Everyone found something they liked and even the children wished they could eat more because no one had room in the tummy to try everything.
As wonderful as the food was, the meal became on occasion thanks to the fantastic service showered upon us by our server, Jesus' Rodriguez Liburio. He kept our coffee cups full and the tables cleared of dishes and debris. Anything we needed he brought immediately.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 August 2014 via mobile

We at first we were Givin a bad room and then another bad room then after three room changes we felt the room with no view was upgraded to a 1 bed room we said alright. Every thing else great A plus.
The food was fair. The service was prefect!

Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Anthony P
Boston
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2014 via mobile

At the Villa Del Arco I had the best time with my family. We had a lot of positives and some negatives about the resort.
To start things off, the beach was really nice and swimmable. The pool was fantastic, quiet, and very relaxing. You can drink piña coladas by the pool for hours. If you want to go to the other hotel, Villa Del Palmar you can walk a short distance too. There is a lot of activities there and an awesome whale water slide. I recommend staying at the Arco instead because the pool is much cleaner. The rooms are very nice and comforting, I have never slept so well in my life. There is a lot of activities you can do such as, snorkel, swim with dolphins, jet ski, etc. I recommend swimming with dolphins because it is an experience I will never forget. The only thing that I did not like is that the service is good but so slow.

Stayed August 2014
2 Thank gbryan624
Silverdale, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2014

The Villa Del Arco is a wonderful resort located just minutes away from down town Cabo. The resort is modern with a beautiful view and great beaches. The pools and grounds are very nice and the staff are friendly and entertaining.

• Stayed February 2014