“Amazing!”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Pearl River, New York
“Amazing!”
Reviewed 15 March 2009

Loved Villa Del Arco! Loved the staff especially Rosalie our concierge! Anytime of the day you will see someone working on the property and always with a smile! An amazing and relaxing experience! Will go back and tell friends to go too. Would even bring the kids 5,4 and 2! We stayed in the studio which was nice. Would upgrade to the 1 bedroom if bringing the kids...they have washer and dryers!

We had no trouble with the current situation with the US and Mexico. Would not even know anything was going on.

Hotel was in a great location. Walked down the beach to many great spots! Loved The Office! Mango's Deck! went into town loved Mi Casa and the giggling marlin. Ocean riders whale watching was amazing! The concierge di dit all made suggestions, reservations! Went above and beyond to make us happy! It was my husbands 40th birthday and I think everyone knew and wished him a happy birthday! It was so memorable!

The Spa was beautiful and relaxing! We did the couple's massage! Prices were reasonable compared to some spa's I have been too.

• Stayed March 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank lmac1973

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (766)
Chicago, IL
Reviewed 25 February 2009

I just returned from a trip to Villa del Arco and couldn't believe how wonderful it was! I have stayed in many resort in the Cabo area throughout the years. This is, without a doubt, the best one. We had a ground floor 1 bedroom suite (I would normally demand to not be on the ground floor) and it was perfect. The suite had 2 full, beautiful bathrooms...a master bedroom with kind bed....a murphy bed (surprisingly nice) queen size...full kitchen and dining area....the hugest terrace I have ever had in Mexico. The room was spotless (and I'm admittedly picky). The entire grounds were spotless. The security is tight (and appreciated). There are plenty of pool chairs, beach chairs, space. The pool was warm and clean. The food was good (we ate out mostly). We did walk over and look at the attached property (Villa el Palmer). While that property was clean, it was much older and dated looking. When I booked this room at Arco, the price was incredible and I was moderately nervous. It was the best deal ever! You are close enough to walk into downtown Cabo/marina area...although it would be a hike for young kids or elderly. A cab ride is $7 total to downtown. Every morning we would walk the beach (towards town) and eat at The Office (on the beach). There were some other small breakfast restaurants on the beach that looked nice, as well. We paid about $12/person at the office for a great/large breakfast. We rented waverunners for $40/30 minutes on the beach in front of the resort (lots of fun). We also went out to watch the whales (About $60/person for a private, small boat). If you have any interest in the whales - this is an unbelievable experience. They would come so close to the boat while they were playing. Truly remarkable. We did purchase bottled water, soda, and some snacks at the drug store in town (to save us from using the mini-bar items in the suite). This turned out to be a great idea and saved a ton. We ate dinner in town every night (more choices than you can imagine). Generally, we spent about $20/person for a nice dinner (not including alcohol). If you are worried about the weather, pay no attention to the forecasts on-line. I've been there every time of year and it is always the same: 85degrees, sunny, and a slight breeze.
All in all, Villa del Arco was a steal for the money and I would/will return in a heartbeat. You will not be disappointed if you decide on this resort.

• Stayed February 2009, travelled with family
4 Thank Leah H
Bermuda
Reviewed 20 February 2009

In all Villa del arco was a 2 1/2 out of 5. This is a time share nightmare! I believe the hotel did not try their best when it came to your comfort and were not very useful when it came to service. My husband and I are seasoned travellers and would not recommend this hotel as there are HIDDEN fees everywhere.

Going all inclusive may save you a bit, but I recommend going to an entirely different hotel if you are a leisurely traveller. Restaurants were average at best! This hotel has timeshare focus whom when speaking with several couples who stayed at La estancia, and villa del arco, felt it was a rip off and where trying to get rid of this particular timeshare.We were lucky to have encountered such persons who warned us BEWARE!

You have to PAY additional for internet service....for the amount of money they charge you would think they would give free service.

Check your jacuzzi to make sure it is working as ours was not and we were not provided a discount.

The Spa is five star though! Do visit the Desert Spa!

• Stayed February 2009, travelled as a couple
2 Thank BermudaHappy
San Diego
Reviewed 9 February 2009

I have stayed in a lot of 4 and 5 star hotels all over the world. This is not one of those hotels. The building itself and the over all design is beautiful, but the hotel management and staff have a long way to go.

This was me and my wife's second, and last trip to this hotel. The first trip was paid for by my family as a honeymoon getaway. The second trip was a follow up trip the exact same time the following year, as an anniversary.

Our honeymoon trip was not great. Our room was next to the drag racing strip, where cars race all night into the morning. We told the staff this was our honeymoon and we would like a different room and we were told no, they were booked. So we spent our honeymoon listening to drag racing and our rowdy neighbors next door our entire stay.( All the rooms are connected by a door so you can and will hear your neighbors if they are rowdy).

We told management our stay was a nightmare with to many things to list. The food was sub-par and boring. The breakfast buffet was probably one of the worst I've eaten at, worse then the buffet I had in Thailand. Villa del Palmar does have a great buffet, just down the beach one of their sister hotels. With all that said and multiple nights of no sleep, they apologized and said on your next stay, we will be happy to upgrade you for the bad experience. My wife and I laughed and walked away.

Following year, June 2008, anniversary trip. Against my better judgement my wife book an all-inclusive 7 day stay at Villa del Arco in hopes of our upgrade and a more improved hotel one year later. Big mistake, I think they actually got worse.

We arrive at the front desk and dropped the name of the manager who told us our next stay would be great, of course he did not remember us, nor remember any of his promises, that we had written down on our old check out bill. We were told there were no one bedrooms for upgrade available, but as soon as there was we would be moved to it. So, we were put into a standard room right next to a bachalorette celebration. By 3a.m. my wife was calling for security. They moved us to the another room with a good view but, we were forgetting one thing, THE DRAG RACING on weekends all night long.

We again asked about our one bedroom upgrade we were promised, and still nothing. Because we were All-inclusive we were restricted to the same crappy boring menu night after night, with the same horrible breakfast buffet. I will say the sushi bar was good, and the only thing we did not get sick of eating.

To wrap this long story up, the second trip was as bad as the first trip. I also forgot to mention all the extra charges we had to dispute from our mini bar both trips, so be careful with that. I have been going to Cabo with my family since the late 1980's, they all have time shares in other Hotels. (Club Cascadas) and awesome place with 5 star treatment and care. They pay attention to your every need with TLC. There are a lot of places like this, you just need to do some research and read reviews.

I read a lot of bad reviews on Villa Del Arco, probably over a hundred, and I went any way. Stupid me.

• Stayed June 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
4 Thank personaltrain
Northern California
Reviewed 3 February 2009

We booked through members as their guests, and saved a huge amount of money over the prices advertised. I would watch Craigslist for someone offering the Villa del Arco for the week. The property is perfect. Also, if you are there as a Member Guest you will NOT get moved to Villa del Palmar (it's not allowed). There were four of us, and we stayed in a two bedroom suite with three baths, a full kitchen, a kitchenette, jacuzzi tub, and two balconies. The living area between the two rooms was perfect, because we could have privacty easily... but also be together when we wanted to. A third couple could have slept in the Murphy Bed in the living room. Our rooms were overlooking the beach and riverbed towards downtown Cabo... it was a great view to wake up to, and the night lights were awesome. There was always something to watch. Checking in was a bit irritating (the supervisor was RUDE), but everything else was fine. The pool was delightful, although it's only four feet deep (or less). There are three jacuzzi areas that are large and welcoming. There are absolutely NO activities around the pool... no bingo, no games, no loud music. VERY PEACEFUL! The typical chair saving happens, but oh well, that's all part of the Mexico experience. The beach in front of the hotel is wonderful, and we enjoyed swimming there. We had breakfast twice at Perla's buffett, and although pricey it was very good. The drinks around the bar and pool are good... and the service is fun and quick. We had our own rental car, and chose to park ourself. The front door "boys" didn't like it, but they were always nice about it. We did their time share presentation, and by setting the timer on our watch got out of there in LESS than two hours. Amazing. We got a bunch of free tours for our time... The maids are terrific, the grounds are well kept, and it was a great experience. Have fun!

• Liked — Location
  • Stayed January 2009, travelled with friends
5 Thank TruckMom
fun2talk2u2, General Manager at Villa del Arco Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 10 February 2009
Dear TruckMom,
I was delighted to read your nice review.
It's great fun to see guest having fun in Cabo but also in our installations. I guess that's all about, to have a memorable vacation.
Hope to greeting you soon I remain.
Cordially,
Jean Louis
new jersey
Reviewed 29 January 2009

This hotel is BEAUTIFUL! we stayed in a 2 bdrm. last year and already booked to go back this year. the weather is great. before booking through a major online vendor though I would recommend a timeshare network since this hotel offers timeshares. www.myresortnetwork.com or other sites have prices that were less than HALF of the internet prices. this resort is so close to the downtown area and it has a 3 story gorgeous spa. def. cannot wait to go back!!!

• Liked — brand new very large condo-style rooms & the SPA
  • Disliked — having to leave
  • Stayed October 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
4 Thank jaci336
fun2talk2u2, General Manager at Villa del Arco Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 6 February 2009
Thank you very much for posting your comments in this fantastic Tripadvisor tool.
We allways have great fun pampering our guest in this gorgeous resort.
Looking very much forward greeting you here at Villa del Arco again.
Cordially,
Jean Louis
Windsor
Reviewed 11 January 2009

Booked our vaca online at a great deal, $110 per night/person all inclusive. Let me tell you something, this resort had mostly non all inclusive guests and if that is the route you are going, forget it. When AI you still sign a bill every meal/drink and our bill would have totallede about $1500 USD after our 1 week stay. Bad service, but not terrible. FInd a good waiter give him a few bucks and they keep your drinks full.

FOOD:
I found the food excellent but am a brave eater. Excellent fish at the restaurant but limited selection. My gf on the other hand did not enjoy the food but did not starve.

ROOM:
Absolutely georgeous rooms with all of them having a good view. Beuatifully marbled washrooms (2 of them) and suite style rooms. Georgeous.

Service:
Fina a good waiter and stick to him. Had a couple waiters add tips on to our bill. Matter was resolved eventually but very frustrating.

LOCATION:
Great location, nice area. Healthy walk to town, great view of del arco.

NIghtlife:
Quiet relaxing resort. No entertainment staff to speak of.

MUST DO IN CABO:
Go spend some time at lovers beach, you can get a cheap tour of the area on a water taxi and the beach itself is stunning.

OVERALL:
UNless your made of $ you must go all inclusive

Stayed March 2008