Villa del Arco Beach Resort & Spa Cabo San Lucas
The Resort at Pedregal(Cabo San Lucas)(Great Value!)
US$877
Villa del Palmar Beach Resort & Spa Los Cabos(Cabo San Lucas)(Great Value!)
US$172
US$162
  • Pool
ME Cabo by Melia(Cabo San Lucas)(Great Value!)
US$344
US$263
Melia.com
  • Pool
Dreams Los Cabos Suites Golf Resort & Spa(Cabo San Lucas)(Great Value!)
US$531
US$388
  • Breakfast included
Grand Solmar Land's End Resort & Spa(Cabo San Lucas)(Great Value!)
US$610
US$441
Hacienda Encantada Resort & Residences(Cabo San Lucas)(Great Value!)
US$268
US$215
  • Pool
Playa Grande Resort(Cabo San Lucas)(Great Value!)
US$234
US$228
  • Pool
Marina Fiesta Resort & Spa(Cabo San Lucas)(Great Value!)
US$230
US$216
  • Breakfast included
US$3,439
Solmar Resort(Cabo San Lucas)(Great Value!)
US$182
US$178
2,933 results
All reviewspirate shipamerican grillvilla grouptime shareneptune restauranttaco barone bedroom suitegold cardpaddle boardingmurphy bedwasher and dryerrecommend villafull kitchenall inclusive packageper devicebella californiatimeshare presentation
Reviewed 25 March 2009

We had a wonderful vacation !!!
They upgraded us to a one bedroom suite - amazing !! We did not ask for this.
The desk was freindly and fun!!
Rosella is the conciege - she is a beautiful person, always willing to help.
We had a lovely dinner at la Perla ( 2 times)
The beach is clean and well maintained. the water is cool and clear.
We went into town to marina many nights to stroll and dine. we did a sunset cruise (Caborey) - WONDERFUL !!!! Went to Lovers beach (it was OK)- did glass bottom boat and deep sea fishing also.
The staff was very helpful . They were always cleaning and sweeping something.

The maid service was great.
The trolley that takes you to the sister hotels are always runnung and the market is full of food, booze (good wines etc.) and water etc. They are more money than Walmart but still reasonable.
The bus system is great - they pick you up right at the entrance to the resort and take you to many areas Cabo.

I would go again !!! and probably will.
We were there for 10 days and loved every minute !!!

robin
Canada

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank rrobin
Reviewed 15 March 2009

Loved Villa Del Arco! Loved the staff especially Rosalie our concierge! Anytime of the day you will see someone working on the property and always with a smile! An amazing and relaxing experience! Will go back and tell friends to go too. Would even bring the kids 5,4 and 2! We stayed in the studio which was nice. Would upgrade to the 1 bedroom if bringing the kids...they have washer and dryers!

We had no trouble with the current situation with the US and Mexico. Would not even know anything was going on.

Hotel was in a great location. Walked down the beach to many great spots! Loved The Office! Mango's Deck! went into town loved Mi Casa and the giggling marlin. Ocean riders whale watching was amazing! The concierge di dit all made suggestions, reservations! Went above and beyond to make us happy! It was my husbands 40th birthday and I think everyone knew and wished him a happy birthday! It was so memorable!

The Spa was beautiful and relaxing! We did the couple's massage! Prices were reasonable compared to some spa's I have been too.

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank lmac1973
Reviewed 25 February 2009

I just returned from a trip to Villa del Arco and couldn't believe how wonderful it was! I have stayed in many resort in the Cabo area throughout the years. This is, without a doubt, the best one. We had a ground floor 1 bedroom suite (I would normally demand to not be on the ground floor) and it was perfect. The suite had 2 full, beautiful bathrooms...a master bedroom with kind bed....a murphy bed (surprisingly nice) queen size...full kitchen and dining area....the hugest terrace I have ever had in Mexico. The room was spotless (and I'm admittedly picky). The entire grounds were spotless. The security is tight (and appreciated). There are plenty of pool chairs, beach chairs, space. The pool was warm and clean. The food was good (we ate out mostly). We did walk over and look at the attached property (Villa el Palmer). While that property was clean, it was much older and dated looking. When I booked this room at Arco, the price was incredible and I was moderately nervous. It was the best deal ever! You are close enough to walk into downtown Cabo/marina area...although it would be a hike for young kids or elderly. A cab ride is $7 total to downtown. Every morning we would walk the beach (towards town) and eat at The Office (on the beach). There were some other small breakfast restaurants on the beach that looked nice, as well. We paid about $12/person at the office for a great/large breakfast. We rented waverunners for $40/30 minutes on the beach in front of the resort (lots of fun). We also went out to watch the whales (About $60/person for a private, small boat). If you have any interest in the whales - this is an unbelievable experience. They would come so close to the boat while they were playing. Truly remarkable. We did purchase bottled water, soda, and some snacks at the drug store in town (to save us from using the mini-bar items in the suite). This turned out to be a great idea and saved a ton. We ate dinner in town every night (more choices than you can imagine). Generally, we spent about $20/person for a nice dinner (not including alcohol). If you are worried about the weather, pay no attention to the forecasts on-line. I've been there every time of year and it is always the same: 85degrees, sunny, and a slight breeze.
All in all, Villa del Arco was a steal for the money and I would/will return in a heartbeat. You will not be disappointed if you decide on this resort.

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled with family
4  Thank Leah H
Reviewed 20 February 2009

In all Villa del arco was a 2 1/2 out of 5. This is a time share nightmare! I believe the hotel did not try their best when it came to your comfort and were not very useful when it came to service. My husband and I are seasoned travellers and would not recommend this hotel as there are HIDDEN fees everywhere.

Going all inclusive may save you a bit, but I recommend going to an entirely different hotel if you are a leisurely traveller. Restaurants were average at best! This hotel has timeshare focus whom when speaking with several couples who stayed at La estancia, and villa del arco, felt it was a rip off and where trying to get rid of this particular timeshare.We were lucky to have encountered such persons who warned us BEWARE!

You have to PAY additional for internet service....for the amount of money they charge you would think they would give free service.

Check your jacuzzi to make sure it is working as ours was not and we were not provided a discount.

The Spa is five star though! Do visit the Desert Spa!

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled as a couple
2  Thank BermudaHappy
Reviewed 9 February 2009

I have stayed in a lot of 4 and 5 star hotels all over the world. This is not one of those hotels. The building itself and the over all design is beautiful, but the hotel management and staff have a long way to go.

This was me and my wife's second, and last trip to this hotel. The first trip was paid for by my family as a honeymoon getaway. The second trip was a follow up trip the exact same time the following year, as an anniversary.

Our honeymoon trip was not great. Our room was next to the drag racing strip, where cars race all night into the morning. We told the staff this was our honeymoon and we would like a different room and we were told no, they were booked. So we spent our honeymoon listening to drag racing and our rowdy neighbors next door our entire stay.( All the rooms are connected by a door so you can and will hear your neighbors if they are rowdy).

We told management our stay was a nightmare with to many things to list. The food was sub-par and boring. The breakfast buffet was probably one of the worst I've eaten at, worse then the buffet I had in Thailand. Villa del Palmar does have a great buffet, just down the beach one of their sister hotels. With all that said and multiple nights of no sleep, they apologized and said on your next stay, we will be happy to upgrade you for the bad experience. My wife and I laughed and walked away.

Following year, June 2008, anniversary trip. Against my better judgement my wife book an all-inclusive 7 day stay at Villa del Arco in hopes of our upgrade and a more improved hotel one year later. Big mistake, I think they actually got worse.

We arrive at the front desk and dropped the name of the manager who told us our next stay would be great, of course he did not remember us, nor remember any of his promises, that we had written down on our old check out bill. We were told there were no one bedrooms for upgrade available, but as soon as there was we would be moved to it. So, we were put into a standard room right next to a bachalorette celebration. By 3a.m. my wife was calling for security. They moved us to the another room with a good view but, we were forgetting one thing, THE DRAG RACING on weekends all night long.

We again asked about our one bedroom upgrade we were promised, and still nothing. Because we were All-inclusive we were restricted to the same crappy boring menu night after night, with the same horrible breakfast buffet. I will say the sushi bar was good, and the only thing we did not get sick of eating.

To wrap this long story up, the second trip was as bad as the first trip. I also forgot to mention all the extra charges we had to dispute from our mini bar both trips, so be careful with that. I have been going to Cabo with my family since the late 1980's, they all have time shares in other Hotels. (Club Cascadas) and awesome place with 5 star treatment and care. They pay attention to your every need with TLC. There are a lot of places like this, you just need to do some research and read reviews.

I read a lot of bad reviews on Villa Del Arco, probably over a hundred, and I went any way. Stupid me.

• Stayed: June 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
4  Thank personaltrain