Villa del Arco Beach Resort & Spa Cabo San Lucas
Villa La Estancia Beach Resort & Spa Los Cabos(Cabo San Lucas)(Great Value!)
US$395
US$304
  • Pool
Pueblo Bonito Sunset Beach Golf & Spa Resort(Cabo San Lucas)(Great Value!)
US$564
US$536
Bookit.com
  • Pool
Playa Grande Resort(Cabo San Lucas)(Great Value!)
US$251
US$201
  • Pool
Villa del Palmar Beach Resort & Spa Los Cabos(Cabo San Lucas)(Great Value!)
US$150
US$141
Bookit.com
  • Pool
The Resort at Pedregal(Cabo San Lucas)
US$917
US$896
Casa Dorada Los Cabos Resort & Spa(Cabo San Lucas)(Great Value!)
US$762
US$541
  • Pool
ME Cabo by Melia(Cabo San Lucas)(Great Value!)
US$326
US$263
Melia.com
  • Pool
Grand Solmar Land's End Resort & Spa(Cabo San Lucas)(Great Value!)
US$568
US$453
Hotels.com
US$440
US$429
  • Pool
Solmar Resort(Cabo San Lucas)(Great Value!)
US$156
2,910 results
All reviewspirate shipamerican grillvilla grouptime shareneptune restauranttaco barone bedroom suitegold cardpaddle boardingmurphy bedwasher and dryerrecommend villafull kitchenall inclusive packageper devicebella californiatimeshare presentation
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 1 April 2007

My husband and I bought a time share here last year and came back to Del Arco over spring break. The place is relatively free of the crowded and partying atmosphere of its nearby sister resort, del Palmar, where we stayed last year. The poolside is quiet and the pool itself is gorgeous. There were no lounge chairs available by 7am however, which was rather annoying, so we often sat in a dining table and waited until about noon when one became availabe. For the high price of the hotel, I thought they should provide additional chairs, and there was room. Also, the unit they provided us (we had a holidary gold week purchased too, over 25K) was very loud, faced the ocean but also the main road and we could hear drag racing and cars all night long. The unit itself is brand new and nice, with good room service Also there is no service elevator, the elevator was slow, and they put us on the 7th floor, so you do a lot of walking up and down, which in general is no big deal but it got annoying, again because it is a pricey place, I figure they could provide a service elevator. For the price, I think there are better places. Another thing, the staff is very pushy about timeshare sales, and got very aloof once we said we didnt want to "upgrade" by buying another studio week. We got suckered into it, because they made it sound like it was a "question and answer" session for owners, but it turned out to be a "lets sell them an overpriced upgrade" salespitch, which really made us mad. We got a 25 dollar coupon at one of their own restaurants for this. Also, food mediocre. .

• Stayed: March 2007, travelled with family
5  Thank beachvaclover
Reviewed 30 March 2007

We just got back from a wonderful week at Villa Del Arco. I had read some of the bad reviews ahead of time and was a little concerned about how the construction would affect me and my family but I'm thrilled to say that the noise didn't bother us at all. If you have the air on (the patio doors must be closed for the air conditioner to work) and the ceilling fans are going, you can't hear any noise. We never heard anyone in the rooms next to or above us. We had a 1 bedroom suite, for 4 of us, and it was perfect. We were on the first floor. We had breakfast on the patio every morning and the noise from the construction never bothered us. Yes, there is noise, but I knew going in that there was work being done, so I didn't expect it to be perfectly quiet. It was never a nuisance. We found the staff to be very friendly and they all seemed to be trying very hard to make our stay memorable. We were there for spring break with our 16 and 18 year olds. They had the time of their lives. The beach and Sea of Cortez is breathtaking. We loved the pool area, including the big ship in the middle and the guacamole and chips were the best we found anywhere. We went through the time share presentation. We knew going in we weren't interested in buying, so we listened, looked around and ended up with a free glass bottom boat ride for the 4 of us(an absolute must!!), plus great discounts on wave runners and the canopy tour (zip line...amazing and I recommend everyone try it once!!). We really loved everything that we did. We had breakfast and lunch in our room everyday, to save money, then had great dinners at a different restaurant ,in downtown Cabo, everynight.
As wonderful as our trip was, there were a couple negatives...I'd be lying if I said there wasn't...At the hotel...it costs $10 per person to get into the exercise facility (per visit) and the market at Villa Del Palmar was fairly expensive. If you're looking for a great beach to walk on, this isn't it (beautiful to look at though)...you sink into the sand and it's hard to walk on...now, if you don't want to pay $10 to get into the exercise room, go get a great workout just walking the beach. Be prepared for the vendors on the beach...everywhere...just be ready to say no thank you and they will leave you alone. It would have been great if the hotel trolley went downtown...it's $7 each way by taxi...don't let them charge you more. Cabo = time share....be ready to deal with them everywhere! From the time you are heading out of the airport, they will be there and some are very aggressive. If you're going to listen to the presentation...sign up at the hotel...this way you're certain to get everything promised to you. If you're looking for a party hotel, this is not it!! We were greatful for that. At ten o'clock, it's very quiet. If you want to party, head to downtown Cabo. There's something going on in every bar in town. Overall, there is not one negative that made me wish we had gone somewhere else.

• Stayed: March 2007, travelled with family
9  Thank EauClaire42
Reviewed 16 March 2007

I was a guest at the Villa Del Arco from 02/26 - 03/02 and it was wonderful. After reading a few of the bad reviews I was a little scared, but I figured it couldn't be too bad because the place is brand new. I got married at the hotel on the beach and had my reception dinner at La Perla and it exceeded my expectations. I didn't experience the timeshare sharks. We told them we were there for our wedding and were on a tight schedule, so they didn't bother us. We stayed in a 1 bedroom suite and it was beautiful. Marble throughout and very clean. Our room was very large....the size of an apartment. The balcony was also very large. We had a table with 4 chairs on 1 end and 2 lounger chairs on the other end. Some of our family stayed in the Deluxe Room, which were also very nice. The rooms were cleaned daily....they provided fresh linen and scrubed the marble floors. (Note: the do not disturb sign that you hang on the door has 2 sides. 1 side says do not disturb and the other side says please come in and clean) We didn't realize that until our last day. We had the sign turned the wrong way and the maid came into our room to clean. Our room was across from the construction and the noise didn't bother us. We were out exploring during the day and when we returned they were finished for the day. The food was also very good. We had breakfast every morning at La Perla and it was about $10 per meal. We had french toast, bacon/sausage, fruit, and hash browns. My family loved it so much that 2 of them purchased timeshares at the Villa Del Arco during our stay. I will definitely stay at this resort again. Please feel free to contact me (Cabo07) if you have additional questions about the hotel and our stay.

• Stayed: February 2007, travelled as a couple
18  Thank Cabo07
Reviewed 14 March 2007

My boyfriend and I just got back from staying at Villa del Arco from March 6 to the 12th. As soon as we walked in we loved the look of the Hotel and though to ourselfs "what a great choice we made" to bad the look of it was the only thing we came out loving at the end of our stay!!!! the staff sucked! they need a lot of training on how to follow up on things!!! we had some complaints on the noise that was in our room early in the morning, they said they would take care of it and never did. Always gave us the round around, one person would say one thing and another would say something totally different. Also be very careful on what you get charge on your mini bar bill and make sure you don't forget to turn in your pool towel keys, other wise you will pay $25 dollars for each like we now have to for forgetting to do so...we are paying $50 dollars for two towels that we don't even have! Don't fall for the time share the tour is not worth it, they tell you that you will get the GOLD card for discounts...trust me the discounts are not good at all.

• Stayed: March 2007, travelled as a couple