“Delicious”

Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Local cuisine
Good for: Local cuisine
Reviewed 18 August 2014

Very good authentic Mexican food for a very cheap price. Breakfast was only sixty pesos. Home made tortillas and delicious guacamole and salsas. This is definitely one of the best places I ate in Cabo. It is walking distance from the mall. It is a hole in the wall but delicious!

2  Thank Jane714

Reviewed 7 August 2014 via mobile

Service was so welcoming! Came here for breakfast and loved it. With handmade tortills, I enjoyed my huevos divorciados. Eggs were cooked right, and the empanada was crispy and yummy! Salsa was good, could have been spicier but I really liked it and so did my family. The natural water was refreshing prefect way to start off your morning in a hot long day of discovering the city. I had the orange! And coffee which was soo good. I love coffee and it was like that cafe the la olla. Which was great. It's close to the main street, you walk down a few streets so it's accessible for tourist. :-) I recommend eating there for breakfast, I'm sure there other food is good too

Reviewed 5 August 2014

We loved this tiny restaurant. Excellent quality of food, reasonable prices, with a good variety of Mexican fare. Chili Rellenos are the best (in my humble opinion) but the chilaquiles verde are also very good. We kept coming back to this little place. Catrina's is owned by the mother of a man called Ivan who runs the tiny restaurant on the sand at Medrano Beach called Omega Sport, which is a GREAT spot for ceviche, tacos and guacamole. Don't know about their sports, only came for the ceviche, fish tacos and 2 for 1 beers. The obnoxious Mango Deck is right next door.

Reviewed 23 July 2014

This is my first time in Cabo and while at another restaurant, our waiter recommended this place when we asked for "a place where locals eat."

"That's my mom's place!" He said, "the best chilaquiles in town. The chili rellenos are delicious too."

So we thought we'd give it a try, and I have to say, we were not disappointed! The chef took our order.

The chili relleno was full of cheese and the batter around the pepper was perfect. My girlfriend got the chilaquiles and she enjoyed them immensely. I had chilaquiles for breakfast the other day the these were waaaaaay better! They weren't just tortilla chips placed on a plate and covered in green chili sauce and chicken. The tortillas were cut up and everything was mixed together and all of the glaciers were developed nicely.

The prices were a steal compared to the "resort" food just blocks away with the quality and flavor of the food surpassing any of the "high end" restaurants close by.

Gracias!

1  Thank qsrider99
Reviewed 17 July 2014 via mobile

Wow! What great authentic Mexican food and a family run restaurant. The owner, Pablo, is very friendly and greats customers with a handshake. What makes them so good is their head chef Chewy, Jesus. He's very personable and comes out from the kitchen to wait on you and to see what your food needs are. He puts extra effort into the meal to make sure that you enjoy it to the fullest! Chewy has had over 30 years of cooking Mexican food in American high-end restaurants, but prefers to help out this family restaurant in Cabo San Lucas. I tried breakfast and dinner meals and every meal was fantastic! I went there a total of three times while I was in Cabo. Check-it-out, I bet you'll come back for more meals like I did!

2  Thank Imfriendly1