“What a great day!”

Redrum Sportfishing
More attraction details
Owner description: We are an American owned and operated charter company that has been operating with local crews for 15 years. From Pangas, to cruisers, to sportfishers, to luxury yachts, we have a boat for every budget. We were tourist anglers like you, and after many trips to Cabo we decided we had to come down and try to make a dream a reality. Being in your shoes for many years, we know what the our clients are looking for and expect when they come join us for a day on the water. If you've gotten this far in your research you know this sport isn't cheap. While we aren't the cheapest, nor the most expensive, we feel like we provide the absolute best value for your dollar. There are a lot of costs that come with trying to make sure you have a great day on the water and without top of line gear, electronics, and well kept boats you don't stand a chance out there. We are a small family operation and we enjoy getting to know our customers on a personal level. Come give us a shot and we'll show you the Team RedRum difference.
Savannah, Georgia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“What a great day!”
Reviewed 30 July 2014

I can't say enough about the Red Rum experience. Everyone involved with Red Rum made our day and worked to make sure we were taken care of. Gaba Gaba our captain put us on the fish. I knew something was up when we left all the other boats behind. Action packed day to say the least, 2 Sailfish, 10 dorado and 8 yellow fin. Our captain and mate worked constantly to catch fish and make our day the best possible! I would highly recommend Red Rum, from booking the trip to vacum sealing our catch they were top notch. We were able to communicate perfectly via email and in person which made this adventure that much better. If you are going to Cabo, do yourself a favor, don't miss out on Red Rum!!!!!!!!!! - Matt DeLoach, Savannah GA

1 Thank Matt D

Baton Rouge, Louisiana
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Best outfitter in Cabo”
Reviewed 28 July 2014

Redrum Sportfishing is a first class operation and I would recommend them to everyone. They know what people want and expect and they deliver every time. It is refreshing to have owners on-sight every day and it seems that when you leave, you have become friends with them. Just book the trip-you won't be disappointed.

Also they just added a new 35 Cabo to the fleet! This is fishing in style and comfort.

Thanks to Ryan and Brook for a great trip!

Texas Gulf Coast, Texas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“280 lb blue marlin!”
Reviewed 11 July 2014

We planned our fishing trip prior to our arrival online! It was quick and easy! We checked in at 6am and were greeted by our captain Juan and he made all of us feel welcomed and comfortable! We headed out quickly Juan stopped by the famous Arch so we could all take pictures and we proceeded to our fishing destination! We were 35 miles out and there was only one boat as far out as we were! Within 1 hour we hooked the 280 lb marlin our co captain we called Pelon told me and my daughters to climb up to the top with the captain for safety reasons once the blue marlin was hooked. We watched for over and hour and a half of reeling that big baby in! Pelon and Juan helped my husband during that time! Once it was pulled into the boat we headed back! Juan and Pelon took us to unload the prize catch and took pictures and headed to dock. We elected not to bring the marlin back so we donated the meat...Pelon said he would take a filet of the meat to a restaurant on the dock that he recommend who would cook for us to have a sample of the marlin! Wow...the restaurant made ceviche and garlic and butter filets with rice and vegetables! Some of the best food I have had in my lifetime! I recommend if you are going to Cabo and decide to fish...that book with red rum! They were awesome!

2 Thank Lisa G
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“What more can I say, Red Rum is the best!”
Reviewed 3 July 2014 via mobile

We have fished with Red Rum the past two years. Tiffany, John, Ryan and the entire staff are very accommodating and professional. From booking the trip to preparing our fish to carry home, it was very organized.

We have been very successful both years. Last year we landed 4 striped marlin, one weighing in at around 180 - 190 pounds, and a 40 pound dorado.

We just returned from our second trip to Cabo. My husband had an awesome experience. He hooked up with a 280 pound blue marlin. I also caught a bonito shark. Ramon and Julian on Reel Rum are wonderful. We have fished on the Reel Rum 3 trips.

We also fished on the Rum Runnin. Jesus and the captain were very hard workers and very pleasant and very professional.

In closing, I would recommend Red Rum Fishing for a great fishing experience!

1 Thank Mrskeg
Mobile, Alabama
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Not my 1st charter, but my 1st in Mexico”
Reviewed 28 June 2014

Ola!
I have fished all my life. On my own boats, with friends and on charters. Fresh and salt water. I have also spent many trips on dive boats as a diver and an instructor. All of these have been in the US or the Bahamas. I have had good, great and no so much trips along the way. Fishing is like hunting, you have good days and bad days. But a bad day outdoors is usually much better than a good day at work!

This was my 1st trip for tuna and marlin and my 1st trip to Mexico. A friend of mine and I planned this trip as a suprise retirement present for his dad (Chuck). A life long dream of Chuck was to fish for marlin from Cabo. Well on this trip it was special because his 8 year old grandson was going along. His son and I research several charter companies through Trip Advisor and also with friends. Including a private captain friend of mine who often docks in Cabo. He was fond of Redrum's owner and crew members and he agreed with what our research had found. Enough of the long boaring planning part.....

We booked to fish on two days back to back. June 25-26, 2014. Not knowing what to expect from a charter in Mexico, on the first day I just went along with all and took in the hospitality and views. The harbor is one of the most beautiful I have ever been in and out of! The people in the shop were pleasant and quick to answer questions etc. What I call good service and seemed to be straight up with answers and information.
With in minutes of leaving the harbor (after getting paper work to the harbor master and some bait) we were literally fishing. Very soon Chucks grandson was reeling in bonita, one after another (live bait). Then he caught 4 Dorado (aka dauphin, mahi-mahi; not a porpoise or Flipper) pretty quickly.
Maybe 30 minutes or an hour passed as we started changing tackle and moving to a different location to try our luck at some bill fish. Around 9 AM Chuck was up. We had hooked a striped Marlin! Jason and I were excited since our plan was working out so well. His dad was in the chair with a marlin on the line. FINALLY after about 20 minutes Chuck had his Marlin in the boat and we were taking pictures! Our deckhand Ulysses kissed the it and returned the beautiful fish to the Pacific. Mission accomplished!
But it didn't end there!!!!!
A little later on the Captain (Alex) yelled down to us, he had a fish on and handed the reel down to Ulysses for one of us to take it in the chair. Jason took it and come to find out he had a sail fish on the line. Within 5 minutes I and my wife joined Jason with two more sailfish AT THE SAME TIME!
By the end of the day all 5 adults had a sword fish caught and released. Chucks grandson was upset because he did not catch a "big" fish that day. We all thought it was great because he caught all the keepers!

Day 2 stared out a bit slower. Today we were focusing on tuna and wahoo so we had a litter bit longer trip to get to our fishing spot. As the day before, once we slowed down and started fishing Chucks grandson caught a bunch more bonita for bait. Next up we started catching dorado again. Now we weren't breaking any records but we were having fun!
Next thing you know Jason, myself and my wife (in that order) were fighting 3 lemon sharks. AT THE SAME TIME! The captain again could only let the boat drift because as the sailfish the sharks went 3 different ways. After what I was told was a Mexican Minute!!! my hands and arms were numb and immobile after fighting my shark. Jason and my wife had already lost or released there catch but mine was stubborn (and Bigger).
Some more time passed and it seemed we were not going to see any more fish that morning.
The captain yelled out again fish on and we put Chucks grandson in the seat an handed him the reel. It was a striped marlin. We were all so excited! Especially Chuck! After another Mexican Minute He had the marlin along side the boat and Ulysses was fighting to get him on gunnel for some pictures. We got plenty and will have to post some soon. We talked Him into kissing the fish before it was let go to fight again another day.

It seemed like hours passed with no fish but that was good for us old folks. Captain Alex found an enormous pod of porpoise. There must have been several hundred of them almost as far as you could see around the boat. That is when we stared catching yellow fin.

Our surprise trip turned out to be a huge success. Everyone on the trip caught a sword fish, some dorado and some tuna! The best fishing trip I can remember. The staff at Redrum are family oriented and it shows in the way they treat everyone customer or not. I don't see how anyone can have a bad experience with these great people.

I will definitely return to Cabo and fish with Redrum again!

Adios!