“Warm welcome in a lovely boutique hotel”

Casa Bella Boutique Hotel
Ranked #1 of 70 Hotels in Cabo San Lucas
San Diego, California
“Warm welcome in a lovely boutique hotel”
Reviewed 23 July 2013

We love the warm, home-like setting of Casa Bella. It is immaculate and feels like you are visiting relatives in this charming boutique hotel. The rooms are large and filled with antique furniture and Mexican paver tiles on the floor. The bathrooms are spacious and modern. Your stay at Casa Bella includes a continental breakfast of coffee, pastries and local yummy sliced fruit. Breakfast is served on a lovely open patio that overlooks the pool and garden.
As if all of this is not enough....Casa Bella is located in the heart of the downtown and a mere steps to many, many restaurants such as Dolce, DOC Italian bar and restaurant, Cabo Coffee, to name only 3 of my favorites. We love this place....

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
BarbaraU43, Manager at Casa Bella Boutique Hotel, responded to this review, 16 March 2014
Dear Mrs. Fran,
We have missed you!
But I'm sure that your grandchildren love to have you stay with them instead.
Maybe some time we can have you stay with us again.
It was a pleasure to see you when you stop by last visit, thank you for doing so!
Barbara

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
Calgary
Reviewed 16 March 2013

Recently made our 2nd visit to Cabo San Lucas... our first stay at Casa Bella.
We would definitely go back.
Casa Bella is a relaxing, beautiful oasis in the heart of downtown CSL. The rooms are spacious & clean, decorated in earthy mexican tones. Poolside courtyard is a pleasant place to relax on a hot afternoon. All Cabo attractions within walking or short cab rides.
Best of all is Barbara - attentive, caring and friendly hostess!

Room Tip: We stayed in the junior suite. King bed, large bathroom/shower, balcony overlooking the courtyard.
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends
Concord, California, United States
Reviewed 30 September 2012 via mobile

I made a confirmed reservation for two nights at Casa Bella with Barbara and received an email response confirming our two night stay for September 29 and 30. My wife and I arrived at Casa Bella at about 5:30 p.m. on 9/29, parked our car and found the front doors of the hotel locked. We banged on the door - no response. I called the hotel and left a message on the answering machine - no response. I sent an email to Barbara - no response. We assumed that she was out for a little while, so we had a margarita at Cabo Wabo and then went back. By this time it was around 6:30 p.m. but found the door still locked. We tried calling again but only got the answering machine. So, we faced the reality that no one was available to honor our confirmed reservation. I called around to find a room and was able to do so. About 7:45 p.m. on our way out to dinner, I received a phone call from Barbara. She was most apologetic, as she should have been, telling me that she thought our arrival time was 8:00 p.m. That was plainly just not true and the confirmation from her does not indicate that. (Flights into Cabo arrive in the afternoon, so what ever would lead her to believe that we would check-in at 8:00 p.m.?) anyway, she went on to say that she would make it up to us and that one of her employees quit that day - blah blah blah. I told her that we had already made other arrangements, and at the least, she could have called or emailed. That's it in a nutshell. We were very much looking forward to our stay.

Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
17 Thank Ron M
Mr. Ron,
Thank you for your review (and sorry for responding so late to it, I finally figure out how to do so).

Again, I'm sorry for the inconvenience I cause you during your visit.
I understand what I put you through arriving to a foreign country and not being there for you as you expected, I hope that everything else went fine with your stay and that wherever you stay somehow made up for my mistake.
I have no words, and no excuse.

If you think we deserve a second chance, and you decide to visit Cabo San Lucas again, we will be here.
If not, I surely understand.

I know it's already been about a year an a half since your awful experience with us, but I still wanted to let you know that I'm sorry I fail you!

Barbara Ungson
Dana Point, California
Reviewed 16 May 2011

Casa Bella feels like our home. Barbara treats us like family and coming home each night after a fun day in Cabo is so delightful.

This year we brought our family from Boston along with us and they loved Cabo too. Right outside the door is a pedicure and massage salon, across the street is DOC and on the corner is Cabo Coffee. What more can you ask for?

I'm returning this summer to visit my 'soon to be grandson' and I will stay at Casa Bella again!

• Stayed December 2010, travelled as a couple
Dear Fran,
Thank you for your review!!!
We hope that your family in Cabo let you come and stay with us again.
If not, your stopping by to say hi will be wonderful.
Tucson, Arizona
Reviewed 25 February 2011

We have been staying in CSL for 12 years in our timeshare. We go a few days early to stay in town and enjoy the leisurely pace and local color. We have stayed in other small inns and enjoyed them. But I think we have found our favorite in Casa Bella. The rooms are all a bit different. They are simple and clean, but homey. The decor includes interesting and well placed antiques (our room #11 had 2 old sewing machines). Barbara, the owner, is a wonderful hostess. This was her family's home for 50 years. The fruit and yummy bread breakfast (included) was a treat each morning on the terrace - good coffee too. No, this isn't a slick timeshare accomodation and if that is what you require, it's maybe not for you. But it is a tranquil oasis within walking distance to everything and it feels like home when you return. What a great find!

• Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank daisy10girl
Miss Daisy (will not like to use your name since I don't want to expose it in public).
Thank you for your comments, you are very kind.
We hope you that if you decide to visit Cabo San Lucas again, you can stay with us.
It would be a pleasure.
Petaluma, California
Reviewed 4 June 2010

we have been vacationing in cabo san lucas for almost 20 years. every year we spend an extra few days at a different hotel other than out timeshare.
casa bella, located on the town square across from the church is truly a hidden gem. an old family owned hacienda has expanded to a boutique hotel. barbara, the owner is gracious beyond words. the rooms are beautifully appointed in an old mexico colonial style.
though located on the town square, it is a mostly queit, peaceful location. some nights a little music from nearby clubs/restaurants could be faintly heard, but nothing to lose any sleep by. continetal breakfasts in the morning included a huge fruit plate, wonderfully presented, fresh sweet mexican pastries, toast, bagels, and some of the best coffee we've ever had.
make certain to give pat on the head to bama, the beautiful, friendly family black lab who roams the grounds!
we look forward to our next stay!

• Stayed May 2010, travelled as a couple
New Hampshire
Reviewed 4 February 2010

Barbara and her team helped each of us feel special in her beautiful oasis. The B&B was built as her family's home, and it shows the love and care throughout. The location is walking distance (even for the older members of our group) to the popular tourist harbor/beaches and facilities yet tucked in the peaceful town square. The patio provided a shaded gathering point for our group for evening drinks or breakfast, which was generous and delicious. Each room is appointed differently with taste and charm. The warm and welcoming hospitality made our special event memorable and truly special!

• Stayed January 2010, travelled with friends