My wife and I recently returned from a week in Cabo San Lucas, Mexico where we were lucky enough to have a full week and our wedding at the Hacienda Encantada. I believe it takes more than a few days to really decide if you are impressed or not. We definitely were, funny as it sounds we often found ourselves says "wait...this is really good, or nice, or taste good". The best summary for the Hacienda Encantada is that while you’re not paying the cheapest rate in cabo for an all inclusive hotel your getting an exceptional value for your money. I would rather pay a few dollars more a day and have a great experience than save a few dollars and feel like I am at a second class hotel. So basically when it comes to value for the dollor or peso the room, the food, the staff and the location actually should allow for the hotel to charge much more than they do, for now its underpriced so get it while you can.
I have been to a few others in cabo and felt like I was a cheap hotel/motel...not here. From the get go the hotel is just close enough to the nightlife to make you feel next to the action if you want that, but far enough away you feel as if you’re on a remote island. The staff are very helpful and very friendly without any of that underlying attitude you sense at other hotels, they genuinely either love what they do, want you to come back or both…..who cares, they were a great group and seem to enjoy life. In fact the last night we were there a hotel photographer took pictures, we paid him for them but forgot to grab them before we left….so he took the time to track down our email address through the hotel and sent it to us a few days later. That was pleasant surprise to say the least but speaks volumes about the attitude of the staff in general.
Every room has a great view of the ocean, with an exceptional balcony compared to most hotels I have stayed in while in Mexico, which means there is room to stretch your legs and sit out there with a few friends and enjoy a meal or a cigar. Probably the best feeling we had was the moment we walked into the rooms we were blown away with the quality of the furnishings, most of the items are more likely to be found in a model home than in a hotel...especially in an all inclusive hotel room where you expect the developers to cut corners on quality. High quality furnishings, gives it a great feel immediately and you feel like you are getting your money’s worth just in the room quality. I should also mention that the hotel room comes with a full refrigerator in each room, so if you are there for an extended stay you can have plenty of room for your food or beer without a worry.
The food was great, from breakfast to lunch to dinner, they had something for everyone. The shrimp tacos at the pool by the ocean were a favorite of our wedding party; however I personally preferred the steak tacos myself. When you eat you feel like you’re getting off the menu food but at the all inclusive price. Some of our family members stayed off the resort and once they saw everything they definitely regretted not skipping the time share and staying with us. Absolutely no one complained about the food or drinks while we were there, which was a huge relief to my wife and I as the hosts for the week.
As for the wedding, there was a cliff side (not quite a cliff top) location down by the ocean that fit 40 people easy and could probably handle 100 without too much of a squeeze. The reception was held on the top level of the restaurant, again the food options were more than we could have hoped for based on the package we had chosen and the price we paid. If I would tell them anything I would say I would have wanted something to dip the churros in like hot chocolate or honey…or both! Ana was our wedding coordinator at the hotel and she did a great job of keeping everything rolling forward on the hotels part, because we had a good size group Ana was able to get everyone some discounts which is always helpful. We used a local wedding coordinator referred to us by a friend, off of www.amyabbotevents.com and that was a major source of comfort. Having a wedding coordinator local who can rally to take care of you when things come up before your there and while your there is very helpful. Hacienda Encantada seemed to like having Amy around, keeping us in line and keeping things moving forward. Would recommend Amy and Ana as a team anytime!
The last thing I’ll say is we have had so many people comment on how they had wished they had stayed longer and would come back in a heartbeat to this resort. What a great feeling to have our wedding go so well and our guest enjoy their experience. If your gonna go to cabo, stay here and you will just make your experience that much better
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Unique and breathtakingly beautiful, this spectacular Contemporary Hacienda style Luxury All Inclusive resort located on the Tourist Corridor in Cabo San Lucas offers magnificent panoramic views to the Sea of Cortes, romantic settings, distinctive dining, spacious and luxurious accommodations, and a variety of venues for special events. Your will be amazed of the bright, terracotta colored, Mexican Hacienda style buildings that are beautifully decorated with handmade Talavera tile murals, vases, classical sculptures, Spanish colonial fountains, contemporary art for contrast, and upscale traditional Mexican furnishing, driving them to experience an authentic Mexican ambiance throughout their stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Booking.com, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., HRS, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hacienda Encantada Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hacienda Encantada Hotel Cabo San Lucas
- Hacienda Encantada Resort And Spa
- Hacienda Encantada Resort & Spa Cabo San Lucas, Los Cabos, Mexico