This location is nice and sequestered, about a 7 min drive to the Marina which is where all the action is.
If you're going you need to know a few things.
1. The 9 a day "tips for gardeners etc" is optional and kinda a bogus charge. You have an option to decline this charge when you check in. Make sure to decline this charge.
2. If your time share company books using Interval International you need to contact Interval prior to going to confirm that the 17 dollar a day charge doesn't apply to you. They tack this charge on when you're checking out and they won't let you leave (literally) unless you pay it.
3. Maid service is NOT included in the time share and may be $35 USD per day. Check other reviews for more info - we didn't use a maid because of this.
4. The place is nice, but you will need a car to fully enjoy Cabo. Unless sitting by a pool all day every day is your idea of fun. The all inclusive cost is $85 per person per day. Dominic Los Cabos http://dominicloscabos.com has the best deals and best service in this regard.
5. There really is only one legit "resturant" The other areas are burgers etc. and generally just so-so.
6. There is no oven. So, everything you cook will either be microwave or stove.
7. There is no swimming in front of the hotel - the beach is not safe because of the currents. Seriously. I heard a guy saying he snorkles some about 20 feet out - but it's not safe looking at all.
8. Factor in a few bucks here and there for tips for when you get your car and drop off your car.
9. They have two pools, but the good one is in front of phase 1 where you won't really be unless you're an owner, or it's a slow time of year.
10. Rent a car. The cost for 2 people to get a shuttle from the airport is $25 per person each way. So, $50 total for one person. With 2 people the cost is a total of $100. A car rental from http://dominicloscabos.com is about $300 and includes mexican car insurance.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Unique and breathtakingly beautiful, this spectacular contemporary hacienda style luxury all-inclusive resort located on the tourist corridor in Cabo San Lucas offers magnificent panoramic views to the Sea of Cortes, romantic settings, distinctive dining, spacious and luxurious accommodations, and a variety of venues for special events. Your will be amazed of the bright, terracotta colored, Mexican hacienda style buildings that are beautifully decorated with handmade Talavera tile murals, vases, classical sculptures, Spanish colonial fountains, contemporary art for contrast, and upscale traditional Mexican furnishing, driving them to experience an authentic Mexican ambiance throughout their stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Hacienda Encantada Resort & Residences reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hacienda Encantada Resort And Spa
- Hacienda Encantada Hotel Cabo San Lucas
- Hacienda Encantada Resort & Residences Cabo San Lucas, Los Cabos, Mexico