I just arrived home from a 7-day stay at Hacienda Encantada and was not impressed to say the least. I did my research before booking and read many reviews and it seemed like a good deal. My friend and I decided to go to the timeshare presentation on day 2, as we were promised $200 in spa coupons to do so. The presentation was not 1.5 hours as stated to us, it was closer to 2.5 hours which was cutting in to our vacation time. Our sales rep, DC, needs a class in customer service. He told us members do not like to hang out at the pool etc with non-members, which to me makes no sense. If you are a member and love the property why wouldn't you want to spread the word so others would buy? He said the reason we got such a great deal is because the Hacienda Encantada partners with Expedia to get people in for the sales promotion. He also said once you stay as a non-member you can never stay there again, unless ofcourse you buy. No worries, I would never want to stay again and/or recommend the resort to anyone.
In the evening of day 2, I got severe food poisoning!! I had to get the on-call physician to come to my room and give me a shot to stop the vomiting. Sadly enough, this is one of the positives of the resort, the physician was there within 30 minutes and he did a wonderful job. The following day, we saw DC on the property and told him how sick I was the night before and his customer service skills were off again. He said oh it's just a little Montezuma's revenge, nothing a jump in 69 deg ocean won't fix, you had some "tainted" food. He never once asked if I was feeling better, etc. None of the employees seemed to care that they were serving "tainted" food, their response was, no one else has gotten sick. I have travelled to several countries and yes it does take some time for your body to adjust to new cuisine but this was true food poisoning (which was the physician's diagnosis).
The resort itself is beautiful and very well maintained. It is perched on a sloping cliff and can be difficult to navigate. They do have golf carts to drive you around the resort, we opted to walk most of the time as we wanted the exercise. But for the elderly and those with any physical disabilitites it could be a bit challenging. Another positive, the guys that drive that carts are very friendly and helpful. I wish I could say more for the rest of the staff, but it just wasn't there and probably never will be.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Unique and breathtakingly beautiful, this spectacular contemporary hacienda style luxury all-inclusive resort located on the tourist corridor in Cabo San Lucas offers magnificent panoramic views to the Sea of Cortes, romantic settings, distinctive dining, spacious and luxurious accommodations, and a variety of venues for special events. Your will be amazed of the bright, terracotta colored, Mexican hacienda style buildings that are beautifully decorated with handmade Talavera tile murals, vases, classical sculptures, Spanish colonial fountains, contemporary art for contrast, and upscale traditional Mexican furnishing, driving them to experience an authentic Mexican ambiance throughout their stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Odigeo, Booking.com, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Ebookers, HotelsClick and Cancelon so you can book your Hacienda Encantada Resort & Residences reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hacienda Encantada Resort And Spa
- Hacienda Encantada Hotel Cabo San Lucas
- Hacienda Encantada Resort & Residences Cabo San Lucas, Los Cabos, Mexico