We stayed here in mid-October. There were 8 of us, 4 adults and 4 kids (10-13 y.o.). Based on previous reviews, we requested a room on the upper floor. The view was amazing. It was nice to not be in the hustle/bustle of town and not on a beach with a bunch of hotels. It was not like in town where there seemed to be a bunch of hotels in a row. However, town was a quick, easy drive. From previous reviews we were concerned about pressure to attend the time-share presentation but once we said no at check-in, they did not bother us at all.
The room was by the far the best room we have ever stayed in at an all-inclusive resort. The entire resort was well-cared for and beautiful. The kids had a great time at the pools and the activities director, Fernan, kept them engaged and active. There is no real beach here but there are beds down by the water that are very peaceful and the kids loved combing the beach and finding shark teeth. My husband did get in the water and snorkeled and it was amazing snorkeling!
We loved the food and our servers were attentive. The breakfast buffet, the poolside restaurants (which we often ordered food from our lounge chairs- loved the nachos, the guac, the ceviche...yum), the sushi bar and Las Marias (try the molcajete!) were excellent. We did have one meal at the fancy restaurant and also had a great meal. It was not fast but this was part of the atmosphere. My steak was a little overdone but everyone else enjoyed their meals and the chef whipped up things not on the menu that our kids requested.
We rented a car, which I would highly recommend, and when we went into town, we were able to drive to the sister hotel and park for free. The sister hotel is right on the main strip of the pier downtown. My husband did do a SCUBA trip and it was amazing and we also went on a snorkeling tour and had a great time. We took a one-day trip to Chileno Beach. It was very clean and the snorkeling and swimming was fantastic.
In terms of the all-inclusive, what is and is not covered is listed on the website. We had no problems with the alcohol or any of the food we ordered. We obviously were not ordering certain brands though. It does say gratuities were included but we found out it was a low percentage so we did add additional gratuities.
The only complaint we had is that we were told the pools closed at 10 and we would often go down at 8:30 or 9:00 and they would already be closed. We kept asking people and getting different closing times and kept trying to get down to let the kids swim in the dark and never seemed to make it before they closed it down.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Unique and breathtakingly beautiful, this spectacular Contemporary Hacienda style Luxury All Inclusive resort located on the Tourist Corridor in Cabo San Lucas offers magnificent panoramic views to the Sea of Cortes, romantic settings, distinctive dining, spacious and luxurious accommodations, and a variety of venues for special events. Your will be amazed of the bright, terracotta colored, Mexican Hacienda style buildings that are beautifully decorated with handmade Talavera tile murals, vases, classical sculptures, Spanish colonial fountains, contemporary art for contrast, and upscale traditional Mexican furnishing, driving them to experience an authentic Mexican ambiance throughout their stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Odigeo and TravelUp so you can book your Hacienda Encantada Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hacienda Encantada Resort And Spa
- Hacienda Encantada Hotel Cabo San Lucas
- Hacienda Encantada Resort & Spa Cabo San Lucas, Los Cabos, Mexico