“Sales Nightmare BEWARE OF SCAMS”

Hacienda Encantada Resort & Spa
Ranked #20 of 71 Hotels in Cabo San Lucas
Dallas, Texas
“Sales Nightmare BEWARE OF SCAMS”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 November 2013

I have to say the people and grounds were amazing. But that was not worth the visit. We found a great deal online for about 100 bucks a night with food. Seemed like a great deal! IT IS NOT!
Nothing good to say about this place. Cracks in the pool,very dirty rooms, this is not a good place. Noise is unreal, all day long, you can't get away from it. No entertainment or even music at the pool, a guest brought his I pod and that was our music. They had no cold beer and they got a cooler filled with ice to cool the beer, for real? Then they ran out, there was about 10 people at the pool and they ran out, really? I ask for 3 or 4 waters to make a pot of coffee in my room and they would only give me one?Thats All Inclusive? The guy would only give me one and had me sign for it, take it to my room and come back 3 more times and sign ever time, I got my 4 bottles of water so I could make a pot of coffee, what a joke. We have been to many AI's and this was the worst one ever. Also the SALES PEOPLE are lairs! They promised us our Marriott membership would sell for 50,000 dollars if we traded it in! How is that possible when we only paid 20,000? it went up in Value? total scam (DO NOT BY) the sales manager guy was named Brian and he said we were not the "type" of owner the resort was looking for and If we didn't like it we should leave. So we did!! We left mid week and stayed at another resort called Solmar, it was so great to get to a real resort.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
7 Thank Joe R
HaciendaEncantada, Guest Relations Manager at Hacienda Encantada Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 27 November 2013
Sorry for your experience. The noise you describe does not surprise since we are a center away from the noise of the city. I wish us a second chance. Greetings.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (774)
  • Polish first
Foster City, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 November 2013

Hacienda is just beautiful. Beautiful landscape, beautiful scenery, beautiful beach, and beautiful pools. If you're going on a honeymoon, or just a special get-away with your honey, this place is amazing, relaxing, quiet and friendly. If you're going with friends, it's not too far from the party scene but the hotel itself is peaceful. The food is excellent. You must have the churros!

Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank VicVics16
The tranquility and good service are priorities here. Come back soon and thank you for your beautiful words.
Castaic, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 November 2013

I have been coming to Cabo for approximately 15 years and stayed at numerous hotels; Hacienda Encantada is by far my preferred resort. The view is spectacular and unrivalled. The rooms are tastefully decorated and always clean. The staff is courteous, professional, and friendly. As a resortist I recognize there is no such thing as a perfect resort. Keep in mind if you stay here it is a vacation ownership property. It is currently a work in progress and they are always happy to share their plans with owners and guests. When I first arrived I was given a first floor room with a view of the pool and all the noise and lack of privacy that goes with it. I asked to speak with the hotels manager to express my displeasure and was happily greated by Geraldine. She immediately went into action trying to locate a satisfactory room. Truly understanding customer satisfaction, Geraldine found me a room in a quieter building on a higher floor with a phenomenal view. There are are several restaurants on site, I highly recommend the Nachos at the pool snack bar and taco night at El Den, and Las Riscos for fine dining. The property is located on a bluff so if you are expecting a white sand beach you will be disappointed. However, I feel it has an idyllic location lending to serenity rather than hundreds of beach umbrellas and lots of people to look at and navigate through. On this vacation I happened to bring a lot of stress and tension, so I took the opportunity of booking a deep tissue massage. I felt every ounce of tension melt away as the masseuse manage to find every knot and kink in my body. I walked out a new person. The spa facilities itself was small and serene and good for meditation. It's not an over the top spa mill like you would find at some of the other well known resorts. I highly recommend Hacienda Encantada however, do not rent a car with the on-site rental car company Budget. This was the worst car service I have ever received. The car was delivered 3 hours late making me miss planned activities. The car had a tire with no tread, I was told the cars tank was on full only to learn it was not. Luckily I was able to take pictures with my cell phone with the miles, date, and time and was able to prove them wrong. After complaining and asking for a safer vehicle I was brought another car. I was told the rep had inspected the car and everything was fine. After my inspection I found a large crack in the windshield. The rep marked my customer copy showing the crack and told me he would update the original. When I turned the car in another rep was present and the first question I was asked was about the cracked window only to find he had not marked the original. The original representative was very dishonest, causing me to have no faith in this business on-site at Hacienda Encantada. I feel the hotel would do well to severe it's ties with them and find a more reputable company that falls in line with its high level of professional, honest, and curteous service.

Room Tip: Request rooms above floor 2 if given a choice.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
We can only say THANK YOU for your words and improve for your next comment is even more beautiful. Thank you again.
Richmond, British Columbia, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 November 2013

Our room was in the second set of buildings this time, but still overlooking the ocean. The staff is friendly and helpful (despite some occasional language barriers). The rooms are nicely and comfortably furnished, with kitchenettes in the studios and full kitchens in the 1bedrooms or larger. I have a great time every time I go there (whether I am travelling with a group or just my spouse.) They are just far enough out of town to be quiet if you want that kind of resort, but close enough to either Cabo San Lucas or San Jose Del Cabo to have fun, eat and shop if that is what you want to do. The pools are great and we often alternate a day at the resort with a day in town. Overall I would recommend this to others and will be going back again in the future. I almost forgot, but wanted to say that the food is very nice also.

Room Tip: In the first set of buildings you can see the pools and the ocean view. Renting a car can be cheape...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Thanks to your feedback we can improve. Thank you very much. We are happy to see you again with your spouse or friend. regards
Redondo Beach, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 November 2013

We stayed at the Hacienda Encantada for three nights. We found the rooms to be spacious, the grounds meticulous, staff friendly, and the views breathtaking. The resort is situated on a hill so there are views all around. They are also planning a large extension of the resort within the next couple of years and the plans look incredible.

There were only a few negatives--the gym (which my guy and I use whenever we travel), the food in the two dinner restaurants, and the spa. In the gym, the windows were opaque so you couldn't see through them and they could not be opened. It smelled really musky. They need to change out the windows so that they open to a view and bring in fresh air.

There is one restaurant that requires a reservation. The tables all overlook the sea and the service was excellent. The food, however, was marginal at best. We also ate at the other restaurant for dinner and it was just okay. Breakfast buffet was really good and lunch at the pool café were also good.

The spa was very small and the "steam room" only fit two people sitting side by side. Cool that it was co-ed when my guy and I were using it but it would not be comfortable sitting next to a some guy I didn't know. We paid for "deep tissue" massages and they felt like Swedish +. Not worth the expense. The best part of the massage was having it outside in the fresh air. That was a real treat.

Other than the above, we would have rated this place a 5.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Lorna L
Thank you for your advice about the spa and fitness center, we will make some improvements. Hopefully we can show them on your next visit.
Greetings.
Fort Collins, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 November 2013

We stayed here in mid-October. There were 8 of us, 4 adults and 4 kids (10-13 y.o.). Based on previous reviews, we requested a room on the upper floor. The view was amazing. It was nice to not be in the hustle/bustle of town and not on a beach with a bunch of hotels. It was not like in town where there seemed to be a bunch of hotels in a row. However, town was a quick, easy drive. From previous reviews we were concerned about pressure to attend the time-share presentation but once we said no at check-in, they did not bother us at all.

The room was by the far the best room we have ever stayed in at an all-inclusive resort. The entire resort was well-cared for and beautiful. The kids had a great time at the pools and the activities director, Fernan, kept them engaged and active. There is no real beach here but there are beds down by the water that are very peaceful and the kids loved combing the beach and finding shark teeth. My husband did get in the water and snorkeled and it was amazing snorkeling!

We loved the food and our servers were attentive. The breakfast buffet, the poolside restaurants (which we often ordered food from our lounge chairs- loved the nachos, the guac, the ceviche...yum), the sushi bar and Las Marias (try the molcajete!) were excellent. We did have one meal at the fancy restaurant and also had a great meal. It was not fast but this was part of the atmosphere. My steak was a little overdone but everyone else enjoyed their meals and the chef whipped up things not on the menu that our kids requested.

We rented a car, which I would highly recommend, and when we went into town, we were able to drive to the sister hotel and park for free. The sister hotel is right on the main strip of the pier downtown. My husband did do a SCUBA trip and it was amazing and we also went on a snorkeling tour and had a great time. We took a one-day trip to Chileno Beach. It was very clean and the snorkeling and swimming was fantastic.

In terms of the all-inclusive, what is and is not covered is listed on the website. We had no problems with the alcohol or any of the food we ordered. We obviously were not ordering certain brands though. It does say gratuities were included but we found out it was a low percentage so we did add additional gratuities.

The only complaint we had is that we were told the pools closed at 10 and we would often go down at 8:30 or 9:00 and they would already be closed. We kept asking people and getting different closing times and kept trying to get down to let the kids swim in the dark and never seemed to make it before they closed it down.

Room Tip: The front building is only for time share owners. We stayed on top floor in room 5260 and the view w...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Laguna Niguel, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 November 2013

I just got married at the Hacienda Encantada on 10/26/13. We had 26 guests also stay at the hotel. I was pleasantly surprised with pretty much everything about this place! The rooms were large and clean (no carpet, only tile floors), the food was very good (trust me, I've spent time at several other Cabo hotels and you won't find better food!) and the staff was friendly and helpful. Our wedding coordinator Edith was very efficient, pleasant, and helpful. The view is second to none and the infinity pool will draw you in day after day with the delicious food and drinks along with the unforgettable scenery! My only small complaint is that everything you utilize at this hotel requires you to sign your room number to it. This includes the free shuttle in to town, If it's just a couple of people, it's not difficult. But for our large group, it was a bit of a cumbersome process. However, this is how it works at an all-inclusive hotel in Mexico. This aside, I liked how close this hotel was to town but far enough away that you feel like you are in a tropical paradise. It was quiet and peaceful and we would absolutely go back. The cleaning staff was meticulous and our room was always very clean. We were thoroughly satisfied with how our wedding day turned out and would recommend this hotel to virtually everyone!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family