Hotel Riu Santa Fe
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Breakfast included
Club Cabo Inn(Cabo San Lucas)
  • Pool
Los Patios Hotel(Cabo San Lucas)
  • Pool
View Hotel
Positano Hotel(Cabo San Lucas)
8,361 results
All reviewsstayed in buildingsports barocean viewwater taxiinfinity poolspecialty restaurantsasian restaurantlovers beachmake reservationsa la cartesbaja californiaspring breakmichael jackson showdos equisliquor dispensermain lobbycabo wabo
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 31 May 2012

Everything was very good: the room, the service, the food, the alcohol, the beach, the pool, the shows, just not as great as each of those were during our stay at the Riu Palace in Aruba. And it was not just that we were not at the Palace (which, as usual, was right next door). We'd never been to the Pacific side of Mexico and wanted to give it a try. We enjoyed our experience and were glad we went, but we are not in any hurry to return to Cabo or the Riu Sante Fe.

Room Tip: 1. Take small bills or get to know an enterprising bartender or waiter because, without a lengthy and expensive trip into town, there's no where at the hotel to change large bills. 2. A "Garden View" room does not necessarily mean "a view of a garden" (unless you consider desert scrub-brush to be a garden. I didn't care but my wife was mildly annoyed). Garden view rooms are rooms in the buildings which do not have an "Ocean View". The Ocean View Rooms in a larger, taller building closer to the ocean but the three pools and 2 bars are between that building and the Ocean.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank elqrijghpiqerhvgier
Reviewed 31 May 2012

Upon arrival, I was taken back by the size and splendor of the front lobby. My wife Trudy and I spend two weeks each year around Thanksgiving at the Sun Palace in Cancun. It is a small 250 room resort. Riu Sante Fe is HUGE!!! I really enjoy our trips to Cancun, however this resort and our vacation was wonderful. Make sure and take your comfortable walking shoes as you have to walk a ways to everything. However, the immaculate grounds and beautiful landscaping make the walks pleasurable. We stayed in building #7 with seven other couples which is the longest walk from the lobby area. (we were there for our friend Rons 60th birthday. Our friend Allison also had a birthday while we were there).
I have read a lot of negatives about the food, so if you are a picky eater you might have suck it up a bit. However, we were there for eight days and I don't think the food is the issue. (you might have to be less picky). All of our dinner meals were good. Some were very good. We ate at the grand buffet a few times (one night there was lobster), and the menu varied each night. The food selection was incredible and I found the quality very well maintained.
Breakfast and lunch at the restaurant near building #7 was acceptable, however you had to look for things you might enjoy. Breakfast at the grand buffet was very good. To sum it up, I could have eaten at the main buffet every meal and not had a single complaint.
I am an early riser, so each morning I was at the main activity pool around 6:00. The mornings were very peaceful and you can hear the seals over at the "arch" across the bay. My wife would usually get to the pool area around 9:00 or so, just in time to go to breakfast.
We chartered a catamaran for a private three hour afternoon cruise and that ended up being the highlight of our trip (thank you Scott for setting that up). The four guy crew did their best to keep the drinks flowing and the party rocking and I must admit that they were very successful in reaching their goal.
Our room had a wonderful view looking across the main activity pool with the ocean and "arch" in the background. Our maid did a great job every day and made us several towel animals and did very creative things with our drapes and bedspread. The room was very nice and everything worked accordingly. (do make sure and take your own shampoo and conditioner as the packets they supply are fairly lame).
Please make sure and tip occasionally. These people work very hard to make your vacation a memorable one and a dollar or two goes a long way show your appreciation.
We are already looking forward to have another group vacation in 2014 at the Riu for our very special friend Sherrie's birthday.
To sum it up, we went, we enjoyed and we did get the T-shirt.

Room Tip: Building #7 rocked. The view is spectacular
2  Thank vancouverdave_8
Reviewed 30 May 2012

I visited the Riu with a girlfriend from May 20-27th and had an amazing time!!!! I am an avid traveler, and have been to many All Inclusive resorts, and can honestly say that I always enjoy my time in Cabos. This was my second time here, and my friend's first. The weather was gorgeous EVERYDAY!! There was no chance of rain or cloud in the sky... The crowd was a little younger and chaotic this time, compared to my last visit, but it seemed like everyone was having a great time partying, much of what people on vacation do! It didn't bother me... We spent most of our days by the many pools as the ocean can be a little too cool and rough. I have seen much nicer oceans, but its all a matter of preference really.. I'm not much of a swimmer, so it didn't bother me. We did take the boat ride to Lover's Beach which was close by, it has some cool caves, and we traveled two other nearby beaches where the water was calmer... The food here was good, especially compared to my bread and butter diets when I'm in Cuba and the Dominican!! The buffets are large and offer an assortment of foods. The fish is pretty good, and the nacho snacks are too! The accommodations here are by far the BEST rooms I've stayed in at all-inclusive resorts.. They are big, clean and modern. Although much time is not spent in the rooms, it helps to know that you sleep and shower in comfort! The staff is very friendly and does a great job maintaining the grounds. YOU MUST leave the resort at night!! We went into town every night with a group of people we met! The taxi-van picks you up in the lobby and then back up from the clubs! SQUID ROE was soooo much fun.. Again, not your upscale club, but rammed with tourists and great music. MANDALA was a nicer, classier type club, all within the same area..... OVERALL, Riu Santa Fe is a great hotel.. Cabos weather is guaranteed, the night life is fun, the food is adequate, the accommodations are excellent.. and the rest is what you make of it! It's Mexico, not the Fiji Islands!!!

1  Thank Stef R
Reviewed 30 May 2012

Wow! LOVED IT! Beautiful “Santa Fe” theme resort right on the ocean, with a beautiful view of mountains... a great site at night from an ocean view room. From the moment you enter the grounds, you will notice that it is well maintained, with desert themed gardens and paths. It seemed like they were cutting the grass everyday! The beautiful buildings looked like sand castles and are very appealing, thought there was a major leak in the ocean view room from a guest room above the hall. Marble lobby with lots of sculptures and great decor, which leads to main courtyard with theatre, main buffet and shops.

There were two draw backs for me, and that was there was no transportation along paths, so if you stay in the ocean view building, you have alot of walking to get to the buffet, theatre, lobby, etc. Also, there were alot of partiers! We had to change rooms twice due to screaming at 4:30 in the morning. They were also breaking things, such as the phone in the elevator. If you’re looking for a relaxing stay, you would much rather enjoy the Riu Palace, which is right next door.

I LOVED the entertainment! The shows were great and the activates around the pool were just as good. The rooms were very spacious with tiled floors, marble baths with two sinks, bar with liquor dispensers, balcony, as well as the basic TV. Dining was good here, though I prefer Gran Bahia Principe food much more. There were 4 specialty restaurants to choose from: Italian, Steakhouse, Mexican and Chinese. They are not open every night. There is also the main buffet. Service at the restaurants was also good, but there was the odd waiter that was rude.

The beach was very nice to walk on, though it was rocky. You may want to wear flip flops. Keep in mind that you cannot swim in the ocean. Cabo San Lucas was tons of fun and would DEFINETLY recommended visiting. There’s lots of shops, a beautiful mall, restaurants including the famous “Cabo Wabo”, which is a must see.

Would recommened. This resort is geared more to someone looking to have fun and party,
not looking to relax and enjoy luxury.

FOR MORE ON THIS HOTEL VISIT MY WEBSITE: http://hotelreviews101.weebly.com/featured.html

Room Tip: Ocean view rooms have beautiful views!
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 May 2012

This was my 2nd trip to Riu Santa Fe. Resort is massive and kept up to the highest of standards. Rooms were very clean, AC was cold, Fan worked very good and the grounds are in perfect condition.

Pool scene is one of the best that I have ever visited, bartenders are fast and friendly.

Food is average at best. Speciality restaurants are nothing special. Buffett is average to above average compared to other AI's ive visited.

For the price this resort is a must visit.

1  Thank AKainer20