Hotel Riu Santa Fe
The Resort at Pedregal(Cabo San Lucas)(Great Value!)
US$884
US$846
Villa del Palmar Beach Resort & Spa Los Cabos(Cabo San Lucas)(Great Value!)
US$183
US$162
  • Pool
Grand Solmar Land's End Resort & Spa(Cabo San Lucas)(Great Value!)
US$610
US$441
ME Cabo by Melia(Cabo San Lucas)(Great Value!)
US$353
US$261
Melia.com
  • Pool
Dreams Los Cabos Suites Golf Resort & Spa(Cabo San Lucas)(Great Value!)
US$398
US$388
  • Breakfast included
Hacienda Encantada Resort & Residences(Cabo San Lucas)(Great Value!)
US$782
US$215
  • Pool
Marina Fiesta Resort & Spa(Cabo San Lucas)(Great Value!)
US$223
US$216
  • Breakfast included
Playa Grande Resort(Cabo San Lucas)(Great Value!)
US$260
US$228
US$3,439
Solmar Resort(Cabo San Lucas)(Great Value!)
US$182
US$178
8,417 results
All reviewsstayed in buildingsports barocean viewwater taxiinfinity poolspecialty restaurantsasian restaurantlovers beachmake reservationsa la cartesbaja californiaspring breakmichael jackson showdos equisliquor dispensermain lobbycabo wabo
Reviewed 28 June 2012

I have stayed at the Riu Santa Fe multiple times over the past 4 years and have become VERY COMFORTABLE there. From the delicious food (great breakfast buffet), to the extravagant grounds; from the infinity pool, to the breathtaking views of Land's End and the incoming cruise ships - Riu Santa Fe has it all! I don't understand why people say they go to "Cabo" but stay at resorts in The Corridor or in San Jose del Cabo where they are unable to appreciate the beauty that is Land's End. The Riu Santa Fe is situated perfectly where those who wish to stay on the resort may, and those who wish to venture into the Marina/downtown Cabo San Lucas can do so, as well. The southwestern architecture of the resort is also very pleasing to the eye and the staff works so hard to keep the grounds clean! Whether I visit in the blazing summer or the cooler fall, I always enjoy a morning run throughout the complex. Additionally, the gym facility is modern, a bit on the small side, but ALWAYS clean - great steam saunas, too!

The three beachfront pools are always favorites among travelers, and I could easily lounge at the infinity pool all day. Lounge chairs usually abound on the beach, as the sand gets EXTREMELY hot in the summer months and the surf is rather rough. You gain a new found respect for nature when you visit Cabo San Lucas - as the Pacific Ocean can be rather intimidating and the sight of the mountains rolling into the sea is just majestic! I highly recommend taking a glass-bottom boat tour (these little schooners can be caught on the beach right outside the resort for about $10 US) to El Arco (Cabo's trademark geographic feature) to explore Land's End - the southernmost point on the continent - up close and personal.

Room Tip: Request an oceanview room in Building 7
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled solo
4  Thank Courtney_Beth1982
Reviewed 27 June 2012

Great family fun with kids. We traveled with 5 kids and 16 adults. Kids had a blast. Great pools and shallow portions for kids who are learning to swim. It would be nice if the pool was open later than 8 pm since the sun sets late in the summer.
They had high chairs available for us for the infant.
Restaurants. The staff handling reservation, Connie, was not very friendly and unapproachable. We understood with our big party it would be difficult to seat all of us together and we were willing to split up into smaller groups. She just made it seem impossible. We stayed for 4 nights and tried making reservations when we arrived but were only able to make reservations for the last 2 nights and the latest time for dinner which we missed the night shows. While at our dinner the restaurants were 50% empty. I gave them 3 stars due to Connie' s customer service.
Resort was clean. Beds were a little hard but not horrible.
Food was good.
Had a great time for our big family

Room Tip: No problems in building 5. Try to make reservations early and stay away from Connie
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 June 2012

i went for my bday weekend 6/22-6/26. i paid for an ocean view room and when i checked in i was given a room with another building view!! i showed my paid resevation and they did not move my room until late at night!!! the pool area was dirty with cups everywhere from all the drinks! only one person is around the
pool area cleaning up when they have all these workers. the pool was nice ans warm with a good view of the sea of
cortez/pacific ocean. the food was gross! they have breakfast which one of the chefs told me that they normally "re-heat" the food from the day before! really??? wow!! Moving on....flies inside the salad/fruit bar area!! lunch was the same re-heated food and if you are lucky get some fresh cooked food! the drinks were okay nothing like i expected! the bar closes at 12am when in their website it says 24hr bars which is only the sports bar with no people in it. the entertainment they offer was good. the "Pacha" nightclub was so so. the DJ sucked had a CD already pre-made so if you asked for a specific song it would be luck if it played!!!! overall dissapointed and i will not be coming back!!

• Stayed: June 2012
3  Thank tanisha83
Reviewed 27 June 2012

My wife and I stayed at the Sante Fe June 20-27 , and our trip was fantastic! I must tell you we were not at the resort the whole time. Everyday we left to sight see and I love Cabo!

Now about the resort.

We were greeted very promptly with drinks, and I had read the reviews about the mixed drinks being very sweet. That is an understatement!

The service from 80% of the staff is excellent, but some of the help seemed like they really didn't care, and were just phoning it in. But there were some allstars there, namely Rafael at the front desk, and our Grayline Tours rep Daniella. The went out of their way to make sure our stay was great.

There is something a little off about all the food and drink here. My wife and I decided to to eat two meals a day at the resort, everyday we had breakfast. The food is just average here, nothing too special. We did try the Steakhouse, Italian, and Mexican. We had the best service at the Italian, but again the food is nothing to write home about.

Stay away from the taxis ( $12 for one way into town) you can get anywhere you need to on the collectivo for $1 Per person

Our room was always neat and tidy, and we made sure to lock our valuables in the safe.

I can't review the nightlife here because I was in bed by 11 pm every night. I'm a morning person.

The views are amazing from the beach as long as a cruise ship isn't blocking.

I'm not sure if I would stay here again, because the food was just average and I like being closer to town. But I would recommend this for party people because the drinks are always flowing!

• Stayed: June 2012
1  Thank Don Z
Reviewed 26 June 2012

Let me start off by saying this hotel looks nice when you're looking in and walking through it. However, this is not anywhere close to the experience that we were hoping for. The check in process was average for Mexico. We got to our room to find swarms of mosquitoes and a very moldy smell. They did move us rooms but by the time they gave us keys to the new room, we had wasted 3 hours. The front desk was rude everytime we had to speak with them.

Food: The restaurants were a joke. We checked in and were there for 5 nights and went to make reservations immediately. We were only able to make 2 reservations because they were all "booked". When we went to the first a la carte restaurant it was MAYBE at 40% capacity. The whole game they play with reservations was overly annoying and the food was terrible in the restaurants. Just go to the buffet, at least you get to try different things to find something that tastes decent.

Pools: They all look really nice, however they were way too cold to be in them. The most disappointing part of all was not having ANY sort of service poolside. You had to go to the bar everytime you wanted one of your 10 oz beers or water-downed drinks. Lazy, yes, but when in Mexico that's what I am there for. The pool area was also way too crowded, you had to get there by 8am to save a chair.

We brought our tennis rackets to play on their courts and assumed that a RESORT with courts would have balls. We asked for balls and they gave us 2 balls that were probably from 1994. We asked if the gift shop had any, as most resorts with tennis courts would, although this was not the case. The attendant rudely told us to "go to Walmart."

The good thing about the resort is that it is not too far from downtown so you can get away from this place. The beach was decent, however the water was not suitable for swimming as the waves crashed right into the sand. It was quite scary watching people who have never been in the ocean body surfing into sand. The resort workers just watched this and laughed. We saw about 10 people nearly kill themselves.

To sum this up, we will NEVER return to this resort and we will most likely never go to an RIU resort. In Mexico you expect service and this place has nothing remotely close to that.

Room Tip: Ocean view is a must
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple