“Not bad”

Ranked #40 of 71 Hotels in Cabo San Lucas
Breckenridge, Colorado
“Not bad”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 December 2013

Nice pools, nice staff, decent food, not too spread out. Our room was in the building closest to the beach so that was good. The beach was nice, though the local vendors on the other side of teh rope are still a nuisance. The water polo got a bit aggressive, as there were a bunch of Jayhawk fans in house. Don't be too surprised if things get a little loud, the beer and tequila flows freely, literally.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank pickyforsure

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,237)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
Camrose, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 November 2013

We enjoyed our recent visit to the RIU Santa Fe. This was our first time with staying at the RIU family of resorts and the experience was very good. The staff was friendly and the rooms, meals and atmosphere was very good. Getting rides into the Marina and shopping areas was easy as taxi's would pickup at the main entrance as well as return to the main entrance. We will definitely visit this location again.

Room Tip: We enjoyed the room with an ocean view, however this is located in a busier part of the resort. Thi...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
4 Thank Marlene B
Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 November 2013

The resort was beautiful. The people were genuine to an extent because all of my US money & my iPhone 4S was yanked right out of my room! my phone was on charge & my money was in the safe. When I came back from an excursion, it was all gone. When I filed a complaint the next morning, nothing was done. Even though everyone in my room as well as the hotel knew it was the employee who restocked the mini bar, they still did nothing because there was no "proof" on video but there was proof on a sign in sheet that clearly was not valid. This ruined my trip and I was shocked that this kind of behavior came from a 5 star resort. With high expectations on a resort, I was very disappointed. I would never go back to this resort ever again.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
17 Thank kuljitjohal
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 November 2013

We had the best time! The resort is so well kept, room was kept very clean and stocked as there were three of us sharing. Food was plentiful and had many choices so I cannot see how anyone could complain, it was great! The reserved restaurants did well, steak, way too big but cooked to order.
On my sisters bday I asked if they had a candle that we could stick in a desert, and they came with a whole cake with candle and singing band ( at no charge) as the band usually sing for tips only. We felt that was way above and beyond expectations!
All in all I would definitely go there again!

Room Tip: We were in block 6 and it was so close to everything we wanted and when we wanted the party pool, at...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Sharon D
Cabo San Lucas, Mexico
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 November 2013

I live in Los Cabos and I had some family members visiting from California on November 15 2013, I picked them up from the airport and took them to the Riu Santa Fe, arriving at the entrance I was received by a Gentleman that wasn't very pleasant, after stating the reason of been there he told me in a very dissatisfying tone of voice to not take over 15 minutes or I would never see my drivers license again, I was exited because my family was here and didnt really pay attention, I came back to pick them up to take them to San Jose and another gentleman at the front entrance asked even more questions than the last, I understand asking questions for the security of the hotel but you must have a level of customer service, when we returned the same gentleman was at the gate and I told him I was bringing the guest back, he asked for ids and when one of my family member asked a question he just turned around not answering and said "Hurry up time is running" Horrible service! I stay at hotels here in Los Cabos now and then and I cant tell you that I will never stay at Riu Santa Fe. My family lost a few items in the room as well when they were dinning and the Hotel never gave them an answer, they will write a review later based on the experience they had.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
8 Thank CarlosSolisSS
Ingleside, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 November 2013

We stayed for a week for my 50th birthday. Our view was awesome! Room-clean! The staff was great! Very friendly and if you needed something, they would do everything to make it happen. Food---- could use improvement but I survived. We will definately stay again.

• Stayed November 2013
Toronto
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 November 2013 via mobile

I have stayes at another Rui property on the past so my expectations were a bit high.

First off the property is very well kept. It is clean and well maintained. The pools are clean but cold, but you do get use to it.

The beach is clean but not swimmable infront of the resort! You have to walk quite a bit to get to the swimmable area.

I upgraded to an ocean view room (paid extra) when I got to the room I opened the balcony door and looked at a big pile of sand. If you look to the left of the balcony by stretching your neck you can see the ocean! I changed rooms after complaining then I got the left side of the pool area and a bit of the ocean (covered by Palm trees).

The food was good. We went to the Asian A la carte, Mexican, and italian, but didn't get the steakhouse (booked). All were good but the Italian restaurant I asked for non meat pasta (I wasn't in the mood for meat that night) first they gave me it with chicken then I returned it! Second, it came back with small pieces of chicken at the bottom after I stirred it! (I think they picked out the meat) If I would have been vegetarian I would I been angry! I didn't end up eating it and my husband and I left! Not what I expected at a la carte restaurant!

It is a 50 min ride from the airport! We stop at 3 other resorts on the way there and back! There is no room service! The internet is free once a day for 90 min total in the lobby only.

The resort is close to the marina and downtown mall/flea market ($12 US one way)

The staff was nice and very polite!

Overall good stay! Would I go there again? No. Would I recommend it? Umm for the price I am sure you can get better!

Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Royal Solaris Los Cabos
#19 of 41 in San Jose del Cabo
4.0 of 5 bubbles 5,314 reviews
Holiday Inn Resort Los Cabos All-Inclusive
Holiday Inn Resort Los Cabos All...
#16 of 41 in San Jose del Cabo
4.0 of 5 bubbles 3,201 reviews
Secrets Puerto Los Cabos Golf & Spa Resort
Secrets Puerto Los Cabos Golf & ...
#11 of 41 in San Jose del Cabo
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,983 reviews
Barcelo Gran Faro Los Cabos
Barcelo Gran Faro Los Cabos
#14 of 41 in San Jose del Cabo
4.0 of 5 bubbles 2,584 reviews

Been to Hotel Riu Santa Fe? Share your experiences!