My wife and I (in our 50s) just returned from our trip to Los Cabos (July 30-August 5). Before I started to write a review of our experience at the Riu Santa Fe, I read some of the most recently posted reviews and came away amazed at the sometimes widely divergent opinions about the resort. We found the resort to be spacious, well landscaped and beautiful. We did not mind being in a building without an elevator and having to walk up and down the stairs to get to our room (we were in Building 5, top floor). Short of having a physical disability, walking up and down the stairs is good exercise (since it may be the only physical exercise you’ll get at the resort if you lounge beside the pool, swim and relax all day, as my wife and I did). A staff member grabbed our bags and carried them up the stairs when we arrived late at night. I noted one recent reviewer complained about the food and said they went into town to eat most of their meals. We thought the food was good, not great, but certainly good enough for you to stay at the resort to eat (you paid for it). The staff was very nice, especially the young lady at Customer Service (Suzanne?) who took our dinner reservations at the resort’s specialty restaurants. She also helped us locate some nice areas in town to go shopping. We found our room to be nice and the room service good. The king-sized bed was a bit too firm and, similar to another reviewer, the alarm clock in our room did not work. Even though we asked a couple of times for it to be replaced, it did not happen. However, it was not a big deal since we just used our smart phones to set any morning wake alarms. We enjoyed our stay at the resort and would recommend it to others.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- * Located in the southern Baja California peninsula, 4.5 Km/2.8 Miles from Cabo San Lucas * Opened winter 2007/8 * 1-story main building and 3-story and 4-story annexes * On the beachfront * Complimentary sun loungers on the beach * 3.5 Km/2.2 Miles from downtown Cabo San Lucas * 40 km/25 miles from the airport * 500 m/1650 ft from a bus stop ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Ebookers, RIU Hotels and Resorts, Evoline ltd, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Hotel Riu Santa Fe reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riu Santa Fe Cabo San Lucas
- Riu Santa Fe Los Cabos
- Riu Sante Fe
- Hotel Riu Santa Fe Cabo San Lucas, Los Cabos, Mexico