We really enjoyed our vacation here. Immigration upon coming into the airport is a bit slow but consistent with travel to other countries. Thanks to an earlier review on TripAdvisor, we knew to keep on walking out the door at the airport where the Tour Group people were waiting. Bus ride to the hotel is about 30 minutes. Check in was very quick. Staff was waiting with a drink and envelop with our necessary key and room information. The resort itself is beautifully laid out with good maps. The room was spacious, clean and well kept. A tip to the chambermaid is recommended. (they are all very friendly!) Tons of space at the pools although we did find the pools a bit cold. Jacuzzi's are just jetted parts of the pool with no temperature difference. Service was great. Servicing Staff were very friendly and accomodating. We liked the Kids Club, although it is better for the younger crowd although our 10 year old enjoyed it. Kids Club staff is great especially Eva. We enjoyed the kids mini disco in the evenings as did our children. We found some of the songs on the internet after we returned and our youngest is still dancing to the songs. We played tennis a few times - they have racquets and some flat balls (bring your own if you are hard core!). We found the food really good, especially all the local mexican dishes. The hotel put on a SPECTACULAR New Years Eve Dinner and Party. We aren't big drinkers but there is more than enough booze to go around - lots in your room too along with water and mixes. We had no stomach troubles either. We liked the beach and found it swimmable. Many merchants on the beach to contend with. We took the glass bottomed boat across the arches with "Joe" and we would recommend it. Bring drinks and some food (no facilities there!). We used the local buses - cheap! But keep in mind they take long loops around. Catch the bus just outside the security gates. Walmart was not worth the trip although their booze is cheap. We were underwhelme by downtown (more merchants and more expensive) but nice yachts in the marina if you like that kind of thing. We loved the resort and would recommend it for families with young children. It was an excellent getaway for us!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- * Located in the southern Baja California peninsula, 4.5 Km/2.8 Miles from Cabo San Lucas * Opened winter 2007/8 * 1-story main building and 3-story and 4-story annexes * On the beachfront * Complimentary sun loungers on the beach * 3.5 Km/2.2 Miles from downtown Cabo San Lucas * 40 km/25 miles from the airport * 500 m/1650 ft from a bus stop ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with 5viajes2012 S.L., Expedia, RIU Hotels and Resorts, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Hotel Riu Santa Fe reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riu Santa Fe Cabo San Lucas
- Riu Santa Fe Los Cabos
- Riu Sante Fe
- Hotel Riu Santa Fe Cabo San Lucas, Los Cabos, Mexico