The Riu Sante Fe offers a nice value for a relaxing and low maint vacation. The price is good for an all inclusive resort. The food is not spectacular, but that is fine with me. The average food kept me from indulging too much, allowing more calories to be allocated to alcohol. Our room was OK in bldg 4, but bldg 7 is the place to be. The bed was hard, but the resort had the golf channel. You have to accept trade-offs. Plenty of room at the pools with nice ocean views in front of building 7. Another nice thing about the all inclusive resort, assuming you are not uber picky, is it removes most of the meal planning overhead from the trip. It's nice not to have to worry about reservations and where you are going to eat and just wander down and grab a bite. The drinks were free flowing. I single handedly put a big dent in their gin stock. My priority for this trip was to relax with the wife and I had no problem doing it at the Sante Fe. The one negative experience was a site seeing trip thru Los Cabos and San Jose. The driver provided a little history as we drove and then dropped us at 4-5 establishments that must have also been paying the tour company to funnel tourists to them. Very disappointing tour. As for the beach, it has been mentioned before that the beach in front of the resort was dangerous. I don't know if it is a seasonal thing, but we saw a number of people get beat up by the under tow in front of the resort. A couple of people were physically scratched up and hurt after braving the surf. Only experienced swimmers should swim in front of the hotel. There are swimmable beaches within a mile.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- * Located in the southern Baja California peninsula, 4.5 Km/2.8 Miles from Cabo San Lucas * Opened winter 2007/8 * 1-story main building and 3-story and 4-story annexes * On the beachfront * Complimentary sun loungers on the beach * 3.5 Km/2.2 Miles from downtown Cabo San Lucas * 40 km/25 miles from the airport * 500 m/1650 ft from a bus stop ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Ebookers, Agoda and TravelUp so you can book your Hotel Riu Santa Fe reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riu Santa Fe Cabo San Lucas
- Riu Santa Fe Los Cabos
- Riu Sante Fe
- Hotel Riu Santa Fe Cabo San Lucas, Los Cabos, Mexico