My husband and I just got back from Casa Dorada and all and all we had a great stay. It is a very nice hotel with a great view of Mendano beach, the bay, and lands end. The hotel is clean and the staff is very friendly and helpful. We had a one bedroom suite, which was very clean, spacious and had all the amenities you could need. Its a very short 5 or 10 min walk to the marina and down town area. We ordered breakfast to the room and they set it up on the balcony table were we enjoyed it and the view. We ended up at the swim-up pool bar most afternoons around happy hour for great food, drinks, and conversation. The beach is very nice and clean and they have loungers and covered day beds set up for you to relax in while someone brings you a drink. I suggest getting up early one morning and sitting on the beach while the sun rises, the boats come out of the marina, and the pelicans dive for bait fish. With all these wonderful things there are a couple of negatives I should bring up. The pool bar closes at 7 leaving a crowd of people wet and drinkless but oh well move on. there was a 2 dollar charger for a mini bar item that we did not take, and they charged our credit card for 35 dollars more than the final statement we signed, but whatever. Most importantly don't use the ATM. we took out 400 dollars and the ATM said the fee was $6.50 but it charged my card $70 extra and when we took out $300 it charged us $50 extra. $120 dollars seems like a lot for two atm fees. It was the slow season so the bars seemed to close early on site, but there is plenty to do close by. Overall a very nice place to stay and location says a lot for this hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With an incomparable location on Medano Beach -- the best swimmable beach of Cabo, Casa Dorada is just steps away from world-class shopping, dining, entertainment, and the marina. As a member of Preferred Hotels & Resorts, a collection of the world’s finest independent luxury hotels, Casa Dorada Los Cabos brings the upscale service and family-friendly features to the Cabo San Lucas oceanfront. The Resort grants visitors a more convenient, yet equally spectacular, alternative to the more remote hotel zone of the Tourist Corridor. Boasting unobstructed vistas of Land’s End and the famous Arch, Casa Dorada is just 30 minutes away from Los Cabos International Airport. All of the 185 spacious one-, two- and three-bedroom suites and penthouses, open up to Los Cabos’ most dazzling ocean view, while the luminous and contemporary interiors ensure your comfort and satisfaction. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Ebookers, Priceline, Expedia, Hotels.com, Traveltool, S.L.U., HRS, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Casa Dorada Los Cabos Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Casa Dorada Los Cabos Hotel Cabo San Lucas
- Casa Dorada Los Cabos Resort & Spa Cabo San Lucas, Mexico