“Great condo in Cabo San Lucas”

Casa Dorada Los Cabos Resort & Spa
Ranked #17 of 70 Hotels in Cabo San Lucas
San Rafael, California
“Great condo in Cabo San Lucas”
Reviewed 24 September 2011

My wife and I just returned from Cabo and our stay at the Casa Dorada on Medano Beach. This was a wonderful place to stay; we traded thru Interval International and had a one bedroom condo. The condo was beautiful and exceptionally well appointed, with even a big spa tub as part of the bathroom area. We bought a meal plan that, apparently, they were offering for the first time. The meal plan was an incredible deal: we got a huge buffet breakfast each day followed by at least a 3 course dinner. The food was very good and more than enough. We are already planning a trip back to Casa Dorada next year.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the 01 to 10 range to get the best view.
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank Bill W

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (606)
Beverly Hills, California
Reviewed 24 September 2011

The resort is absolutely GORGEOUS (inside and out) and in a perfect location to experience Cabo. Beautiful, clean rooms; quiet pool scene; beach access. Employees are very friendly and helpful (David and Alejandro at the pool bar are a riot....just don't ring the Happy Hour bell!) ;-) Tons of restaurants within walking distance as is the downtown area. LOVE IT!

1 Thank JRFitzgarrald
Cancun, Mexico
Reviewed 24 September 2011

I travel to Los Cabos for work every two to three months. In the past I stayed at several different hotels and for the price was NEVER impressed. A co-worker recommended the Casa Dorada and since my first stay there approximately 2 1/2 years ago, there in no other hotel for me in Los Cabos. The hotel is beautiful, the beach is one of the only "swimmable" beaches in Cabo, the rooms are ALL suites. They all have kitchenettes and most have jacuzzi tubs beside the bed, full kitchens, dining rooms that seat 8 people, full living rooms, two balconies, a sleeper-sofa and absolutely beautiful decor.
On my last visit I had issues with my iron. They had to change it twice. Upon check out I mentioned the problem to the receptionist. I was just in the hotel again last week and 5 minutes after checking into my room there was a knock on my door asking if they could check something in my room. The person came into the room, went directly to my iron, looked at it, took it out and said she would be right back. Within 10 minutes she returned with a brand new iron! Thank's what I call great service.
My only complaint is the room service menu. There isn't much selection and it's only available until 11PM however the breakfast buffet is extensive and pretty good and there is a great, although pricey restaurant for dinner with a beautiful view of the ocean and nightly fireworks display.
One of my other favorite parts of the hotel are the gym/spa facilities. While working out you can look out over the beach/ocean and the spa is clean, spacious and included in your rate.
In my opinion there is no better hotel in Los Cabos

Room Tip: If you ask for a room on the "reception side" of the hotel you will wake up to incredible...
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank Macspanishfly
Montana
Reviewed 24 September 2011

My husband and I just got back from Casa Dorada and all and all we had a great stay. It is a very nice hotel with a great view of Mendano beach, the bay, and lands end. The hotel is clean and the staff is very friendly and helpful. We had a one bedroom suite, which was very clean, spacious and had all the amenities you could need. Its a very short 5 or 10 min walk to the marina and down town area. We ordered breakfast to the room and they set it up on the balcony table were we enjoyed it and the view. We ended up at the swim-up pool bar most afternoons around happy hour for great food, drinks, and conversation. The beach is very nice and clean and they have loungers and covered day beds set up for you to relax in while someone brings you a drink. I suggest getting up early one morning and sitting on the beach while the sun rises, the boats come out of the marina, and the pelicans dive for bait fish. With all these wonderful things there are a couple of negatives I should bring up. The pool bar closes at 7 leaving a crowd of people wet and drinkless but oh well move on. there was a 2 dollar charger for a mini bar item that we did not take, and they charged our credit card for 35 dollars more than the final statement we signed, but whatever. Most importantly don't use the ATM. we took out 400 dollars and the ATM said the fee was $6.50 but it charged my card $70 extra and when we took out $300 it charged us $50 extra. $120 dollars seems like a lot for two atm fees. It was the slow season so the bars seemed to close early on site, but there is plenty to do close by. Overall a very nice place to stay and location says a lot for this hotel.

2 Thank JenMontana
Indiana
Reviewed 18 September 2011

Second time in two years, can't imagine staying anywhere else in Cabo. Forget the spectacular views, the beautiful and clean hotel, the grounds, the closeness to town, it's the staff, THE STAFF makes your vacation enjoyable. We had a small room problem and Jesus Castro at the front desk didn't rest until the situation was corrected. Aldo Luvianos, the most enjoyable time share salesman we have ever met is helpful in every way. I wish I had noticed more names, they are all tremendous, maid staff, pool deck waiters, spa workers, everyone! Best views are from the main tower, but don't spend too much time on your deck, enjoy the pools and the beach. Actually hope no one reads this, because Robin and I want this place to remain a secret.

4 Thank indyislanddreamer
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed 18 September 2011

Very clean resort, we were upgraded to room 129 for free. This locationn is excellent, right on medano beach, walking distance to Marina, restaurants, 5 minutes away from the Arch and famous lover's beach. Customer service is incredible, you cannot go wrong with Casa Dorada. We traveled with 2 more couples staying at the ME next door and all they wanted was to stay there too.Rooms are very spacious, nice pool. Maid service daily twice. Can't wait to go back. Cabo is a really nice place.

Room Tip: First floor rooms are closer to pool, specially building C
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled with friends
2 Thank RenzoRN
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed 15 September 2011

My husband and have been to Los Cabos 5 times and have stayed at Casa Dorada every time. We love the staff, the location, the view and the beauty of the hotel. The staff are all very friendly and helpful. The rooms are large, well appointed and very clean. They have three restaurants on site, and great room service. The prices are a great value for what you get. We love Casa Dorada and will return again soon.

Room Tip: All rooms seem to have a great view.
4 Thank Karen S