“Modern Condo-Style Hotel with Great Location”

Casa Dorada Los Cabos Resort & Spa
Ranked #19 of 71 Hotels in Cabo San Lucas
Reviewed 27 September 2011

I recently traveled to Cabo with girlfriends and we chose this property because of the Kitchen facility and the location, and they were both very much worth it.

Hotel is only a couple of years old, so the Decor and ammenities are very contemporary. Location is awesome, we could walk to the Marina, the clubs and downtown Cabo.
Food was good, not great, but good. Service was EXCELLENT, in every area, housekeeping, server in restaurants and pool area. There was a 2x1 on all drinks at the pool during half of the day (great value!) , room service was prompt and precise with orders. Prices of food were very reasonable considering you are in an International Resort Destination.
Here's what I did not like...The Air Conditioning is NON existent in the bathrooms (both pool area and in the rooms!), Neither it is on the SPA, yes, unbelievable, who want to get a massage in 90 Degree humid rooms? Or even the shower/dressing area of the SPA.

At first I thought they were repairing it or sometgins, but I went to the SPA and gym everyday and it was just the way it was. I asked, and they said, there was no AC in there.
The air in the Gym, was barely cold. I found this very annoying and almost asfixiating.

Overall, I liked it could consider it for another all-adults trip. It is not very kid friendly.
Beds and towels were great , there were 3 plasma TV in our very spacious 2 bd/2 bath condo.
No timeshare talks, nothing like that.

Room Tip: Stay on the lower levels, the side rooms are close to the pool and not as noisy as the center ones
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank Love_Chocolate_71
Write a ReviewReviews (2,069)

Reviewed 26 September 2011

We typically vacation in March to June, but chose September for our Anniversary and Birthday, yes, it was much warmer and more humid then we are used to, but with the fewer travelers at this time we felt very special and pampered by the staff and the restaurants. The pools were a bit too warm, almost like a large hot tub by 1pm so we would just go to the ocean and float on our rafts, what a relief and with the wind and waves it was great exercise too!

Reviewed 24 September 2011

My wife and I just returned from Cabo and our stay at the Casa Dorada on Medano Beach. This was a wonderful place to stay; we traded thru Interval International and had a one bedroom condo. The condo was beautiful and exceptionally well appointed, with even a big spa tub as part of the bathroom area. We bought a meal plan that, apparently, they were offering for the first time. The meal plan was an incredible deal: we got a huge buffet breakfast each day followed by at least a 3 course dinner. The food was very good and more than enough. We are already planning a trip back to Casa Dorada next year.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the 01 to 10 range to get the best view.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank Bill W
Reviewed 24 September 2011

The resort is absolutely GORGEOUS (inside and out) and in a perfect location to experience Cabo. Beautiful, clean rooms; quiet pool scene; beach access. Employees are very friendly and helpful (David and Alejandro at the pool bar are a riot....just don't ring the Happy Hour bell!) ;-) Tons of restaurants within walking distance as is the downtown area. LOVE IT!

1  Thank JRFitzgarrald
Reviewed 24 September 2011

I travel to Los Cabos for work every two to three months. In the past I stayed at several different hotels and for the price was NEVER impressed. A co-worker recommended the Casa Dorada and since my first stay there approximately 2 1/2 years ago, there in no other hotel for me in Los Cabos. The hotel is beautiful, the beach is one of the only "swimmable" beaches in Cabo, the rooms are ALL suites. They all have kitchenettes and most have jacuzzi tubs beside the bed, full kitchens, dining rooms that seat 8 people, full living rooms, two balconies, a sleeper-sofa and absolutely beautiful decor.
On my last visit I had issues with my iron. They had to change it twice. Upon check out I mentioned the problem to the receptionist. I was just in the hotel again last week and 5 minutes after checking into my room there was a knock on my door asking if they could check something in my room. The person came into the room, went directly to my iron, looked at it, took it out and said she would be right back. Within 10 minutes she returned with a brand new iron! Thank's what I call great service.
My only complaint is the room service menu. There isn't much selection and it's only available until 11PM however the breakfast buffet is extensive and pretty good and there is a great, although pricey restaurant for dinner with a beautiful view of the ocean and nightly fireworks display.
One of my other favorite parts of the hotel are the gym/spa facilities. While working out you can look out over the beach/ocean and the spa is clean, spacious and included in your rate.
In my opinion there is no better hotel in Los Cabos

Room Tip: If you ask for a room on the "reception side" of the hotel you will wake up to incredible...
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank Macspanishfly
Reviewed 24 September 2011

My husband and I just got back from Casa Dorada and all and all we had a great stay. It is a very nice hotel with a great view of Mendano beach, the bay, and lands end. The hotel is clean and the staff is very friendly and helpful. We had a one bedroom suite, which was very clean, spacious and had all the amenities you could need. Its a very short 5 or 10 min walk to the marina and down town area. We ordered breakfast to the room and they set it up on the balcony table were we enjoyed it and the view. We ended up at the swim-up pool bar most afternoons around happy hour for great food, drinks, and conversation. The beach is very nice and clean and they have loungers and covered day beds set up for you to relax in while someone brings you a drink. I suggest getting up early one morning and sitting on the beach while the sun rises, the boats come out of the marina, and the pelicans dive for bait fish. With all these wonderful things there are a couple of negatives I should bring up. The pool bar closes at 7 leaving a crowd of people wet and drinkless but oh well move on. there was a 2 dollar charger for a mini bar item that we did not take, and they charged our credit card for 35 dollars more than the final statement we signed, but whatever. Most importantly don't use the ATM. we took out 400 dollars and the ATM said the fee was $6.50 but it charged my card $70 extra and when we took out $300 it charged us $50 extra. $120 dollars seems like a lot for two atm fees. It was the slow season so the bars seemed to close early on site, but there is plenty to do close by. Overall a very nice place to stay and location says a lot for this hotel.

2  Thank JenMontana
Reviewed 18 September 2011

Second time in two years, can't imagine staying anywhere else in Cabo. Forget the spectacular views, the beautiful and clean hotel, the grounds, the closeness to town, it's the staff, THE STAFF makes your vacation enjoyable. We had a small room problem and Jesus Castro at the front desk didn't rest until the situation was corrected. Aldo Luvianos, the most enjoyable time share salesman we have ever met is helpful in every way. I wish I had noticed more names, they are all tremendous, maid staff, pool deck waiters, spa workers, everyone! Best views are from the main tower, but don't spend too much time on your deck, enjoy the pools and the beach. Actually hope no one reads this, because Robin and I want this place to remain a secret.

4  Thank indyislanddreamer