“Lovely resort”

Ranked #16 of 71 Hotels in Cabo San Lucas
El Paso, Texas
“Lovely resort”
Reviewed 20 September 2012

The hotel lived up to its photos online. I stayed with two other people in a junior suite for a weekend wedding, and the room was fantastic. The open layout of the bathroom, kitchen, and dining room served a greater purpose than room and board. It also served as the location for the bridal party to get ready before the ceremony. It more than accomodated the bride, bridesmaids, bride and groom's moms, hair and makeup team, and photography team. It was also very comfortable to sit outside on the patio, and had an amazing partial ocean view! The service was exemplary, and the employees very professional and polite. This was my first time in Cabo, but thanks to this place, it may not be my last!

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank sistahsoulja

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (592)
Seaside, California, United States
Reviewed 19 September 2012

My wife and I were beyond excited to come here for a week for our honeymoon. We've stayed at the Pueblo Bonito Rose twice before and have always had a good time, but were looking forward to a step up in hotels for this trip. As far as the rooms go, we were not dissapointed! We had a huge 2 bedroom suite that could sleep six people easily. Everything about the rooms was nice from the livingroom area and kitchen, to the three balconies. The pools and swim up bar were nice as well. Unfortunately we had several encounters with the staff that just weren't that pleasant. We are not a picky old couple who complain about everything, we are two young people who have both worked in the hospitality industry at different points in our lives and are pretty easily pleased. The house cleaning crew, waiters, room service were all outstanding. Our problems seemed to be mostly with the front desk and the people answering the phones. We had several experiences where the staff were downright rude! To me this is just unacceptable for a nice hotel. We payed waaaay too much money to be treated rudely. We like the hotel in general, but I doubt we will be back because of the service (especially at the front desk).

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank William K
Palm Desert, California
Reviewed 17 September 2012

Have been coming to resort for 4 years. proximity to restaurants and downtown mall xcellent. The hotel s beginnibg to show a lot of wear. The rooms are not bring cleaned properly and the rugs are disgusting. Thank goodness I brought slippers. I would never walk on rugs without footwear. The rooms used to be cleaned impeccably. The spa only had one shower working and there wasn't any hot water. Used the hair salon. No hot water and hair was washed with cold water. I am hoping they choose to do a better job on upkeep of premises and better housekeeping. I love the lcation and are hoping our upcoming stay in December will be of the quality the hotel use to have or we will be staying elsewhere. The food is mediocre and surrounding rest. musc better and more reasonable.

Room Tip: 5th and 6 th floor rooms are the best Also if you stay on the left side it isn't quite as noisy.
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank weepaps
Monterey, California
Reviewed 14 September 2012

I have been coming to Cabo for over 10 years since I was a teenager with my family. In august we chose Cabo for our honeymoon destination and booked a room with Casa Dorada. My dad has a timeshare and we were able to pick this hotel through interval time share exchange. Our room was BEAUTIFUL. We had a two bedroom suite (really way more room than the two of us needed), 3 balconies all with gorgeous ocean views. The bed was comfortable and the bathroom was large. There was even a small vanity area near the bathtub where I could put all my makeup.
The pools were nice, it was great to have 2 of them. I believe they are shutting down at least one pool in September 2012 to renovate it. The drinks were reasonably priced, and the poolside food was good and in generous portions. We went to the gym once, it was nothing special,but it had some cardio equipment and we were happy.

For the most part the staff was really great, but we had a few disappointing encounters that keep us from wanting to return. Upon our check in the lady at the front desk was not just rude, she was downright mean to me. They had a little trouble finding our reservation and instead of assuring me, she acted like I was the problem (I believe the reservation issue was on intervals part, not the hotels). We ordered room service several times during our stay (food was consistently good, especially breakfast) but on out last night they screwed up our order. Again, the lady on the phone was really rude, I called twice to check on the food since it was taking so long, and she kept telling me "it will be there soon" and then hanging up on me before I could respond. I called and told them to cancel it, they didn't, and someone came knocking on our door at 12:30am(2 hours later). The guy was nice an apologetic, told us his manager would call us tomorrow, and that was the very last we heard of that. There were several more incidents like this unfortunately. They were never enough to ruin our trip (nothing could!) But it was really a disappointment, After reading all the wonderful reviews I was looking forward to staying here and being well taken care of.
Next time we come to cabo we may just stay at our usual spots, they are cheaper, the pools and rooms may be smaller, but the service is consistent.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Rachel K
Melville, New York
Reviewed 13 September 2012

Casa Dorada
I must say that from the moment we arrived till our departure the staff at the resort here has been going out of their way to offer service, smiles & greetings during our stay.

The place is very clean & more than "Excellent"

Great impression on us for a future visit to Casa Dorada.

Room Tip: Higher floors have better view
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 September 2012

A few suggestions that would improve Casa Dorada:

1. Train your male staff members to avoid eyeball-banging every female guest who has a reasonably good body. The staff should never treat their guests with that kind of disrespect.
2. Don't blast music at ear drum busting levels at the pool. SERIOUSLY, TURN IT WAY DOWN. AND HOW ABOUT SOME VARIETY? NOT EVERYONE LOVES AWFUL CLUB BEATS MIXED WITH TAYLOR SWIFT AT 10 am!
3. Ask your neighboring restaurants to turn down their awful club music, which they blast at all hours of the day.
4. Mellow out on limiting the number of towels at the pool. For the price, guests should be allowed to use as many towels as they want. They certainly shouldn't be required to show a "towel card" to obtain their daily ration like a 5 year old.
5. Offer free shuttle service to guests to go downtown. It would buy you a lot of good will from your guests.
6. Greet guests with a smile when they arrive, not with a salesperson hell-bent on selling activities, whether they asked for information or not (this is the tackiest part of Mexico, and it is CONSTANT).

We ended up renting a car and spending our week in another city in Mexico, and our next vacation will be in Hawaii.

• Stayed August 2012
8 Thank Jcooper00
Cabo San Lucas
Reviewed 9 September 2012

We booked our trip in July, stayed 9/6-9/9. I was told it was not a timeshare place, but when we checked it, we got fooled into "We'd like to give you a welcome package" Well that turned out to be a lie. They tried selling us, we were not interested! We wanted to pay for everything and not be bothered by anyone! Not the case! When we arrived our other family members were there for a few days already and said, the construction noise, was awful. Apparently the place practically closes down in sept and nothing is available. Half of the pool was closed and the floor was being ripped up by jack hammers, the spa was closed and the gym was in a hallway room. UNBELIEVEABLE. The worst part was every night at 3am, like clockwork, above us the furniture was being moved around like musical chairs. We had to call every night, they said it was workers....I thought, WHO the heck works in the middle of the night when the whole resort is under contruction during the day. Im thinking its a sweat shop! They did not comp us anything, didnt apologize for it, wanted to charge us for late checkout and honestly the first time I've been to cabo and actually would not stay here again. (my 4th trip) Honestly the best place to stay although its a short 15 minute cab ride from town is the Hilton, the grounds impeccable, the service perfect and quiet! I would not recommed this place to anyone staying in Sept or October, stay very far away.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends
Hotel Riu Palace Cabo San Lucas
Hotel Riu Palace Cabo San Lucas
#31 of 71 in Cabo San Lucas
4.0 of 5 bubbles 6,487 reviews

Been to Casa Dorada Los Cabos Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!