“Cabo was the highlight of our trip”

Casa Dorada Los Cabos Resort & Spa
Ranked #16 of 70 Hotels in Cabo San Lucas
Perth WA
“Cabo was the highlight of our trip”
Reviewed 10 March 2014

I did a trip for 4weeks through the main areas of USA with my hubby and Cabo was the highlight of our trip.
The hotel was amazing, room was so spacious with an amazing view
We were located towards the mango deck end up on the 3rd floor, was initially concerned about the reviews I had read about the mango deck being a party all night long but we didn't have any issues like this on our stay.
Room was always clean and the staff are very friendly.
We did however get stuck with a time share presentation which they said wasn't a time share, so do not accept the free breakfast no matter how they try and sell it to you. I had fears my hubby was going to be locked up as they wouldn't let up on us and wouldn't let us leave the room
Our room did get flooded the last night we were there as it rained heavily but didn't damper our holiday in any way
Water Taxis located out the front of the hotel on the water, water sports, the mango deck and wonderful places to eat, we couldn't complain
Would happily stay again

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank hartz86
GM_Casa_Dorada, Guest Relations Manager at Casa Dorada Los Cabos Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 13 March 2014
Dear Guest,

We are delighted to hear that you and your husband had a wonderful vacation here at Casa Dorada. Thank you for sharing your experience!

We hope you will visit us many times!

Guest Services Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (595)
New Jersey
Reviewed 9 March 2014

Second visit to Casa Dorada and it did again not disappoint. This hotel is in a great location if you just want to walk around town & the Marina (10 minute walk). Just asked at the front desk at check in and we were upgraded to a one bedroom. I cannot remember her name but the woman at the guest services desk downstairs was such a great help to us. Never had problems getting beach.pool chairs as we always found them readily available. Lauren & Silvia on the beach were always available to provide us our 2 x 1 cocktails and are just the sweetest. We never incurred any problems with the timeshare people nor were never asked. We ended up getting a room on the first floor by the pool which I was not crazy about at first but it ended up being a great decision as we easily could get in and out of our room without having to always use the elevators. Hotel is very secure, very clean. Kodus to our housekeeper Maria I think her name was, she was the bomb! She thoroughly cleaned our room everyday from top to bottom (room 125) and it was sparkling. The new Gelato was real yummy and a nice new touch to the hotel.

Room Tip: First floor rooms are a great choice because you can easily get in and out of your room with ease of...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank stinkymonks
Dear Guest,

I am delighted to hear that you had a truly memorable trip to our resort. We are fortunate to have a staff who are so willing to make their best to provide you an unique experience on your vacation.

Our "Rincón Culinario" that is our 12 Tribes Restaurant, La Trattoria, Sushi Bar and Gelatos Bar, offer you a different options inside the resort to enjoy a high quality of food, drinks and how you said... a yummi Gelatos!

Thank you for taking your time sharing your experiences, we hope to see you back soon.

University Place, Washington
Reviewed 8 March 2014

I brought my wife down to the Casa Dorada in 2007 for a long Valentine's weekend and have been going back every year since. We go one to two times each year and always look forward to our next visit. I have brought many family and friends down with me and they always look forward to coming back. I have not met one staff member that I have not liked. Everyone that works there is very friendly and always greets you with a smile. We have stayed in the Junior sweet, one bedroom, two bedroom, two bedroom ocean front, and three bedroom penthouse. All the rooms have always been very clean and well taken care of. The pool staff is the best. Bismark, Emilio, and Marvin are such hard workers. They do everything they can to make your stay as pleasant as possible. We play ping pong and foosball a lot and if you can beat one of them, they will buy you a drink!! My children love going to Casa Kidz, where Josh takes care of them and does arts, crafts, video games, face painting, movies, pool time and what ever else they have to offer. She is great with the kids and they talk about her for months after coming home. Ivan is the pool concierge and he will make all your dinner reservations for you and you don't even have to get up from your lounge chair. He is extremely friendly and will help you with everything you need. I don't have a bad thing to say about this resort and would never want to stay anywhere else when I go to Cabo. The location is perfect, you can swim in this area of the beach, you don't need a car unless you really want to travel somewhere, the food is great, and the staff is fantastic.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience and for chosing to stay again at Casa Dorada Resort.

It was a pleasure to read how much you enjoyed your time with us Thank you for your kind words especially regarding the kind attention you received from our staff.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Casa Dorada.

Grand Rapids, MI
Reviewed 7 March 2014

Casa Dorada is hands-down our favorite resort in Cabo (we've tried 6 or 7 of the nice ones so far). The location is perfect. It's smack-dab in the middle of Medano Beach where all the fun is happening, and it's within easy walking distance (10-15 min) of the marina, the Luxury Avenue mall, and downtown, so there is no need to rent a car or spend oodles on taxis. (You can't say that about many vacation spots, can you...) Their new sushi bar served up the most delicious sushi I've ever had - I think it was called something like 'favorito maki' - to die for... They also added a wood-fired pizza oven, which I look forward to trying next visit. They have the best guacamole and pico-de-gallo, and the 12 Tribes restaurant served up a deeeee-lish pork chop as well. The staff are like family: Gilberto (also known as Pepe), Sylvia, Martin, Reyna, Jeanine, Ivan and Laura. They are wonderful people, whom we continue to think about between visits. The housekeeping and grounds staff do an excellent job of keeping everything ship-shape inside and out. I noticed one of the reviews mentioned some loudness from the Mango Deck bar. Welllll, folks, that's part of being on Medano Beach in Cabo. This is where all the fun is happening. And, seriously, just close your sliding door to the balcony and you won't hear a thing. Plus, you can always catch up with a snooze by the pool. Just have fun and enjoy yourself. Smile and say 'no gracias' to the timeshare people and vendors, and enjoy the sun, beautiful weather, and spectacular tropical breezes - with a mango marguerita in your hand. It's always 2 for 1 anyway, so ENJOY! You won't be sorry. You will love this resort, it's location, it's amenities, it's staff, and all of the surrounding fun, awesome sea-life, and some very eye-opening people watching.

Room Tip: We enjoy the higher rooms (5th & 6th floor) to view the bay. (Note: We haven't stayed on th...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank iwannaliveincabo
Dear Guest,

You are so kind to write such a glowing review of your visit to our beautiful resort. As you noticed, we are blessed to have a wonderful staff who are so willing to extend their Hola!

Thank you for taking the time to share this review, we hope to see you soon at Casa Dorada.

Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed 4 March 2014

This was our 4th stay at CD. So I guess we're hooked. It's good to know what to expect - like how to avoid the Time Share folks. We found many of the same workers as in previous years. Martin, Laura and Sylvia on the beach are true gems. Gus at the front desk was very helpful and the bellman were always ready to assist. Housekeepingn tries hard and does a good job overall, but they are inconsistent with delivery of hand towels and wash cloths. We never seemed to have one when we needed it but they would bring fresh ones during the day and remove them overnight. Also, the lounge chairs on the beach are not very comfortable and should be replaced. We tried 12 Tribes this year and enjoyed both the food and the service. The price of beers on the beach has gone up so we often went to a neighboring beach bar for a break. None of these are deal breakers - we like it there. We like the location to many of our favorite restaurants and bars and the view from our balcony. It is very likely we will return next year.

Room Tip: The higher the floor, the better the room. We were in 504 this year and even though the sign for Ma...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank digger
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 1 March 2014

I really liked the resort, and would have no hesitation suggesting someone stay here... so long as you get the room you booked. And I did, but not at first, and not without some effort. So the story goes. I booked a junior suite, separate living, dining area and 665sf w/200 SF balcony and a king bed That's what I booked. Upon arrival, I was advised that we were the last one to the hotel that night and we were told that there were no rooms with king beds left, that they give rooms put on first come first served basis, apparently not on what you reserved. So, they promise us another room tomorrow.. ok, well, #%$& happens right. So I go to the room.. its a standard hotel room, 300sf w/ 60sf balcony.. I go back and explain that not only was there no king bed, but the room type was wrong. They tried to tell me that there were different types of junior suites, and this was one, upon which I pulled out my reservation papers showing the size etch, and pointed them to there website on my phone.. it got sorted put the next day, and we had a lovely stay... right till the end when they just threw one more little irritation.. when we left the room ion the first morning, I told them that the coffee pot did not work, after trying to make coffee... well, on checkout, there was some small $11.50 mini bar charge. Turns out that's what the coffee costs if you use in the room... even when the coffee pot does not work.. I just found that a small insult. Paid my bills and advised that I will just pre warn all via trip advisor..so.. its really a lovely property, we loved it.. but. If you book a room of certain size, take your paperwork to prove it so they don't short you what you paid for..and if your in the hotel room.. and think to use the coffee, don't. Walk downstairs, get great cup under the lobby area for 1/3 the price.
Staff overall were great, food was pretty outstanding, pool was awesome. Don't expect face clothes each day... we got only 2 of the 5 nights

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
6 Thank mwebb64
Tucson, Arizona
Reviewed 28 February 2014

The hotel was in a perfect location, nice clean rooms, great for the group. The amenities were plentiful, nice pool, spa, hot tub. Meeting area by the beach was accommodating, enough room for everyone. We were there during the week and were not kept up by noise.
Breakfast was good, dinner wasn't so great.
Overall it was a really nice experience.

Room Tip: 4th floor was easy access , and quiet
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business