After an hour long wait to get through immigration, YES!! And I might also add an absolute chaos at the immigration section!! We arrived at Casa Dorada just to experience another hour long delay in getting our room. When we made our reservation, we were told we would get a section away from mango deck and possibly get upgraded. They ofcourse did not upgrade nor put is in a quiet section. We were assigned to 3xx section which is right where the lobby is and it tends to be very noisyduring early AM when you do want to sleep in! The view out the balcony was straight into the hut where the restaurant is, did get the view of the pool but if you know how this property is built, then you also know that all rooms face out to the pool area..so not a big plus!
Next morning, we decided to go to the restaurant for breakfast instead of fixing something in the condo. A word of caution, the only other people you will find around you at breakfast would be all the early morning timeshare breakfast appointments all around. A huge turn-off!!
I am glad I had read previous commenta on the beach/pool chairs being occupied by the time one got there. So, we did! Hated that we needed to wake up early to go get our chairs, but didnt want to risk not finding any too!
Later in the evening, we went by the concierge to get recommendations on some good Mexican food by the Marina or downtown. There was just one personand he was busy doing something on his computer while taking that one minute to talk to us. BTW, there was no one else around! He gives us one place and says its the best, we ask him how we could get there and he doesnt even make an effort to get a map out or show us the way. He tells us its close to the Marina which we knew how to get to, and then we should as around for directions!!! Never had that experience from
Concierge before! We decide to go by the restaurant with absolutely tired kids. When we get there we find out that they have about 1 hr 45 mins wait and that they couldn't do much for vegetarians! I wS furious by then. Any concierge would have known to call agead to check if it were a popular place, which it seemed it was!
It has been our worst experience by far at any vacation accomodation. I would hope that you read this review and know that if you do decide to stay here, come prepared for this kind of experience!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With an incomparable location on Medano Beach -- the best swimmable beach of Cabo, Casa Dorada is just steps away from world-class shopping, dining, entertainment, and the marina. As a member of Preferred Hotels & Resorts, a collection of the world’s finest independent luxury hotels, Casa Dorada Los Cabos brings the upscale service and family-friendly features to the Cabo San Lucas oceanfront. The Resort grants visitors a more convenient, yet equally spectacular, alternative to the more remote hotel zone of the Tourist Corridor. Boasting unobstructed vistas of Land’s End and the famous Arch, Casa Dorada is just 30 minutes away from Los Cabos International Airport. All of the 185 spacious one-, two- and three-bedroom suites and penthouses, open up to Los Cabos’ most dazzling ocean view, while the luminous and contemporary interiors ensure your comfort and satisfaction. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, getaroom.com and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Casa Dorada Los Cabos Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Casa Dorada Los Cabos Hotel Cabo San Lucas
- Casa Dorada Los Cabos Resort & Spa Cabo San Lucas, Mexico