“Very good hotel”

Casa Dorada Los Cabos Resort & Spa
Ranked #19 of 71 Hotels in Cabo San Lucas
Reviewed 23 July 2014

Casa dorada is a very good hotel very central located . All the staff is very gentle and polite.
To be 6 minutes walking by the marina gives you the oportunity not to spend a lot of money on taxis. The beach is swimmable a little bit cahotic with all the excursions starting/ending there.
Swimming pool good .

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (2,074)

Reviewed 22 July 2014 via mobile

Great view from room. This place is located in main beach downtown. Rooms were very clean and up to date. The staff was great alot of them spoke English which was very nice. You can walk to everything. We would stay here again loved the hotel

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Louiswat
Reviewed 22 July 2014

Our 7th time here. We do enjoy this place a lot and ran into a bunch of folks we've met over the years, so it's becoming a bit like home. Nice to see a hundred more pool lounges, although the weather was a bit more hot and humid than in the past, so there wasn't the crush to get a seat early. Not much the hotel can do about the weather, so the bath temperature water isn't their fault.

Good news is that the Wifi now works inside the room. Bad news they raised the price of it to $15/day. Charging for wifi? Still? Every other place on the beach gives it away so we walk out the door and spend money where there is no charge for it. I have to do an hour of business a day while I'm out of town over the internet. This time I kept track of how much I spent off site. $400+ USD. I'd spend it inside the gate if it didn't cost me $90/week on site. I hope they learn soon.

Also happy to report that they have managed to control the chemistry in the pool. My "sensitive skin" didn't react to a long time in the water as in the past! Good job there! Service as always was top notch.

We even got an upgrade handed to us on the room for a reason I didn't bother to find out. :)

All in all, some nice small improvements to the facility, but they really should figure out the Wifi thing. For that I'm knocking the "service" back on the radio buttons a notch.

Room Tip: Even though a lot of folks say to get a high level room, I think those that do end up complaining ab...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank DMenscha
Reviewed 21 July 2014

The hotel is outstanding and location is perfect, if you want to be in the middle of everything on the beach. We stayed in a 2 bed room suite with a great ocean view( almost on the beach). The drinks were very reasonable and food at the hotel was outstanding. The only downside is the noise. If you are looking for a quiet place I wouldn't suggest you stay here.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank Cabo500
Reviewed 20 July 2014

Casa Dorada was very nice all around. Great view, excellent service, and very close to town. We went with a group of friends and it was a great experience. Really liked that it was so close to town and the marina that you could walk or take a cab. Great place if you plan to travel to Cabo!

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Matt B
GM_Casa_Dorada, Guest Relations Manager at Casa Dorada Los Cabos Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your recent stay and for letting us all know how it all went. We are very passionate for service and reading a positive review keeps us all motivated to provide a brilliant stay for each and every single one of our guest. Once again thank you for your comments and for having chosen to stay with us.

We hope that next time you are vacationing in Cabo, Casa Dorada will be the Hotel of your choice.

Reviewed 18 July 2014 via mobile

Brought the teenagers with us and we all had a blast! View coupled with proximity to town made this place a plus!!! Drinks, food & service were top notch!!! Staff was super friendly and willing to accommodate our needs...don't miss the pizza at the Trattoria!

Stayed: July 2014
4  Thank Txorangegirl

Dear Guest,

First off we would like to thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We are very happy to hear that you had a blast on your recent vacation and that you found our service, food and location top notch. Happiness comes in the form of a slice of pizza, we are glad we were able to provide you with happiness of quality.

We certainly hope to have the opportunity to host you again. Thank you for choosing Casa Dorada.

Reviewed 15 July 2014

My family just returned from a week at Casa Dorada. I was a little skeptical about the experience based upon prior reviews. Having been there, I thought the place was great and my whjole family had an amazing week.

All hotels have both good and bad attributes - even the best place is going to have a miss now and then. The following is my honest assessment of the good and the bad so people can make their own decision if they want to stay here:

Positives: the facility, the location, the people

Negatives: the location, and the timeshare sales people

The hotel facilitiy and rooms are beautiful and comfortable with great views. I thought the food prices were fair and reasonable as compared to offsite locations. Cabo is expensive!

The people that work there are truely exceptional. Very warm and appreciative of your business. On multiple occasions I had people offer me something I hadn't asked for or expected. One night we had dinner at 12 Tribes and I ordered a dessert with cinnamon ice cream. The waiter said he was sorry but they were out of cinnamon ice cream and I said that was fine, vanilla would be OK. When he brought the dessert, it had cinnamon ice cream on the plate. He said that the chef made it just for me.

My son played volleyball in the pool from sun up to sun down. The people working around the pool are friendly and are happy to play a game of ping pong if you need some activity.

The location is great IF you want to be where the action is and you want to swim in the ocean. It is busy in this area and it can get very loud at night but it didn't really bother us as we were tired from being in the sun all day. If you prefer being in the ocean or where there is a lot of activity, this is the best location. If you prefer peace and quiet another location might be better.

Regarding the sales people. In the beginning it was pretty annoying. I felt like every where I went (including the marina area) I was being harrased. Once we went throught the sales presentation everything calmed down and I didn't feel bothered. You can certainly refuse the sales pitch but my suggestion is to submit and get as much as you can for your time. You can get $200 - $300 worth of food, spa, activities for your time. Just let them know up front that you're not buying a time share.

My overall assessment is that we will be going back to Casa Dorada as soon as possible.

Room Tip: If you want to try and avoid the loud music coming from the Mango Deck, try and stay on the east sid...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank Mark B

Dear Guest,

The feeling we get when hearing about your wonderful stay is amazing and we are extremely thankful you are sharing them not only with us but with the plenty other guest that look on the tripadvisor site to obtain feedback from our guest. At Casa Dorada we work very hard to make sure our guest build memorable moments that will make them come back and we are very happy to see it showed. Your comments are being shared between the departments so all of our contributors know how their work impacted your stay positively.

We are very happy to read that you and your family enjoyed your stay, our facilities, location and service, and definitely look forward to your return in the near future.