We checked out of this resort this morning and unfortunately, we left with a very poor experience. BE WARNED, we had over $500 USD of valuables taken from our "secure" room. In the 15 minutes we took checking out of our room and reporting MORE stolen belongings, we spoke with TWO other guests who had much more stolen than we did. Hotel security and management were no help at all. They confirmed that it was indeed "staff" that had entered our room but did not have enough "evidence" to compensate is or interview their employees... Really disheartening when we paid a considerable amount of money to stay at an expensive resort.
Prior to this awful experience, we were pretty happy with the resort. The location is great, the food is pretty good and reasonably priced and cocktails were pretty cheap in comparison to other places we have stayed. But all up, given the complete lack of support from management when it was obvious they had staff stealing from their guests, we walk away completely dissatisfied. Maybe if it was only us who had experienced this, maybe you could cut the resort some slack. But as mentioned, three different instances in the fifteen minutes we stood at reception this morning, should say enough.
Could they have at least offered a discount on the expensive room upgrade? Perhaps a discount on the total bill upon checkout? Nope... Nothing... Other than a "sorry".
Cabo you are a beautiful place with some beautiful people. Casa Dorada... Not so much.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With an incomparable location on Medano Beach -- the best swimmable beach of Cabo, Casa Dorada is just steps away from world-class shopping, dining, entertainment, and the marina. As a member of Preferred Hotels & Resorts, a collection of the world’s finest independent luxury hotels, Casa Dorada Los Cabos brings the upscale service and family-friendly features to the Cabo San Lucas oceanfront. The Resort grants visitors a more convenient, yet equally spectacular, alternative to the more remote hotel zone of the Tourist Corridor. Boasting unobstructed vistas of Land’s End and the famous Arch, Casa Dorada is just 30 minutes away from Los Cabos International Airport. All of the 185 spacious one-, two- and three-bedroom suites and penthouses, open up to Los Cabos’ most dazzling ocean view, while the luminous and contemporary interiors ensure your comfort and satisfaction. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Casa Dorada Los Cabos Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Casa Dorada Los Cabos Hotel Cabo San Lucas
- Casa Dorada Los Cabos Resort & Spa Cabo San Lucas, Mexico