For our first visit to Cabo, we wanted to be sure we stayed somewhere with a swimmable beach and after reading all the TA reviews, we chose Casa Dorada. Got a really good deal through Orbitz for a Jr. Suite room. The property is beautiful! As soon as you walk into the lobby you can see the ocean and it seems that every room has an ocean view. We got lucky and our room was upgraded to a 1 bedroom (possibly because we agreed to sit through the 90-min presentation). The room was basically right next to the lobby and I was worried that it might be noisy, but it wasn't at all. They have great soundproofing. We really didn't even hear the party noise at Mango Deck which was good news for us as we aren't really the "club" type of people. The room was huge and had a full kitchen and the bed was super comfortable for us. We loved the lounge chairs on the balcony by the bedroom. My only critique on the room would be that there is no shelf or anywhere in the shower to place your soap, etc., so the soap gets kinda melty really fast. Also, they should put some kind of rug to wipe your feet when you return to the room because no matter how hard you try, you still track in sand from the beach. Minor things, but thought I'd mention. Also, wifi here is not free. This is a pretty pricey hotel, and you would think they could include the wifi. The good news is that we were even able to get the wifi coverage down on the beach so at least we got our money's worth. :-)
The service here was great! We had lunch a couple of times at Trattoria and the pizza were yummy. The servers on the beach were super friendly. Especially Martin, Laura and Silvia.
We were very happy to see how many chairs and umbrellas they had on the beach. We were always able to find a spot. It was also nice to see that the beach vendors are not allowed in the roped-off area unless you are buying something from them. It's a very entertaining parade of vendors that goes by all day long.
We would definitely stay here again when we go back to Cabo. It was so hard to leave!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With an incomparable location on Medano Beach -- the best swimmable beach of Cabo, Casa Dorada is just steps away from world-class shopping, dining, entertainment, and the marina. As a member of Preferred Hotels & Resorts, a collection of the world’s finest independent luxury hotels, Casa Dorada Los Cabos brings the upscale service and family-friendly features to the Cabo San Lucas oceanfront. The Resort grants visitors a more convenient, yet equally spectacular, alternative to the more remote hotel zone of the Tourist Corridor. Boasting unobstructed vistas of Land’s End and the famous Arch, Casa Dorada is just 30 minutes away from Los Cabos International Airport. All of the 185 spacious one-, two- and three-bedroom suites and penthouses, open up to Los Cabos’ most dazzling ocean view, while the luminous and contemporary interiors ensure your comfort and satisfaction. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, HotelsClick, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Casa Dorada Los Cabos Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Casa Dorada Los Cabos Hotel Cabo San Lucas
- Casa Dorada Los Cabos Resort & Spa Cabo San Lucas, Mexico