“The perfect place to relax”

Casa Dorada Los Cabos Resort & Spa
Ranked #16 of 70 Hotels in Cabo San Lucas
Reviewed 20 July 2009

Casa Dorada, is the best hotel I ever stay, clean, elegant, modern very well located, the services is excellent, food is very good, Restaurats are beautiful andt he Spa is great but praicy ,if you are a spa lover you won't mind. The pool has a perfect view to the ocean and it has its own privated beach with canapes. It has a kid's zone too, is a prefect hotel for families and cupels that like quiet and nice luxiurios hotels. You can esaly walk to the Marina here you will find all shopping from suvenirs to the most expensive brands. Also here is a best place to eat and party .
I would recomed to eat at "Restaurant los Deseos" in la marina is a mexican food resturant, great food and service!!
Other tip stay away of the time-sheer sellers, and buy you own tickets directly >>>look for the water taxi EL CHOMPIRAS BY JESUS and pay him directly if you like to go to lovers beach and the Arc ,,,excelente and cheap only about 7per person round trip.
If you like Zip line go to Wild Canyon, is a grat adveture if like extreme sports, but be aware of the high temperatures is really hot!!!!
It was the prefect place to stay, Los Cabos if very safe, clean and frendly you will love it!!!!
It was my first time there and I defenetly go back.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Casa Dorada Los Cabos Resort & Spa

Reviewed 19 July 2009

This was my first trip to Cabo, and the hotel and the room and view were great. What made it a bad experience was the constant approaches to attend the time share presentations. I have no problem with a effort to promote and sell the time share aspect of the hotel, but when I went to the hotel restaurant, and am approached during my meal about the time share meetings I found this disturbing. Then anytime I asked for assistance in the front lobby another request to attend, the pool area, sitting in the bar enjoying the sunset and again we are approached on the time shares. The view is great, but when you pay close to $300 per night I want to enjoy peace and tranquility. I would not elect to stay here again, but have nothing but compliments about the view and the rooms,,,,, just don't go out of your room and talk to the staff or make eye contact.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled with friends
1  Thank cher2116
TheManagement01, General Manager at Casa Dorada Los Cabos Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 27 July 2009

Dear cher2116,

I am truly sorry that your first impression of Cabo was not to your satisfaction; needless to say, this is not the image that we want travelers to take home from our beautiful city.
Even though time-share is a minute component of the business model at Casa Dorada, its marketing should never hamper or disturb your vacation experience. As with any other business, we attempt to present our product to our potential consumers; we apologize if this was not done appropriately, tastefully and respecting your privacy. It is important to mention that our policies prohibit time-share marketing either in restaurants or leisure areas and only but a fraction of our staff (less than 4%) is engaged to this endeavor, so walking our of your room and interacting with our staff is something we certainly encourage. It would be certainly beneficial if you could provide me with the names of associates that were out of line or intrusive.
I apologize again for this incident and I am glad to know that the facilities were to your satisfaction and I hope that the rest of our staff was attentive and courteous.
Regards,
Victor Gomez

Reviewed 18 July 2009

Our 8 day stay at the Casa Dorada Resort And Spa was absolutely amazing. My friend and I (both 26) escaped to Cabo for a week of relaxation, sun, and fun and couldn't have picked a better resort. The Casa Dorada is located at Medano Beach - a beautiful location with many restaurants and bars on the beach. The rooms at the resort are great - we were in a Junior Deluxe Suite, and had absolutely NO complaints. The pool is beautiful and nice, however, if you are younger and looking for a more happenin' pool scene, I would recommend walking next door to Melia, their sister resort. The Melia's pool plays better music and is definitely the place to be during the day (especially because of the 11am-4pm happy hour Monday-Wednesday!!!).

If you stay at the Casa Dorada you MUST find Paco Morales, the pool concierge...and may I say, the BEST concierge I have ever encountered. He catered to all of our needs and requests, and had the best advice for where to go and what to see. Our favorite dinner out was at a local spot called La Fonda, about a 10 minute taxi ride from the resort. You can also walk to the Marina, where there is no shortage of restaurants and shops.

We also loved our snorkeling outing on La Princesa, which included great food and an open bar...you have to try it! We missed our sunset dinner cruise (due to a time mix-up), but hear they are great too.

The Casa Dorada was great. When I return to Cabo with my boyfriend we will definitely be staying at the Casa Dorada. From the time we stepped foot in the resort, to our last sip of a Pina Colada, we were impressed with the wonderful hospitality this resort provided.

A DEFINITE MUST!!!!!

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled with friends
2  Thank ChristieTravels
Reviewed 30 June 2009

I do not know where to start. The hotel and staff were amazing! The minute you get out of the van, there are several staff members there waiting to help you and answer any questions. The lobby was very welcoming and clean.

We were given an automatic room upgrade. The room was perfect for my family and me. The room was set up perfect for small children and it was exceptionally clean. The towels were constantly replaced and the quality of their products the hotel used was exceptional. The bed was turned down every night with a little animal made out of towels with two Hersey kisses. The kids really enjoyed that treat.

The pictures do not do the pools justice. The wait staff by the pool were always readily available to bring you drinks, food or find you an umbrella.

The food by the pool was great as well. We did eat at the 12 Tribes the first night and we were not disappointed.

We do do have to say our favorite dining place was "The Office" just right outside the hotel. If you have young kids, do not take them to the Mango Bar. It looked fun, but not appropriate for little ones.

Yes, we were approached to listen to time share information, but we simply said no and they left us alone. Trust me, if we could buy a time share at Casa Dorada now, we would!

The downtown/Marina area was great. You can walk to that area in about 10 minutes. The location of our hotel was great and our stay was awesome. I did not want to leave.

The Casa Dorada was the nicest hotel we have stayed in and it is worth every penny we spent there! Next time we visit Cabo, Casa Dorada will receive our business.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled with family
2  Thank CaboGirlDallas
Reviewed 28 June 2009

Couldn't be better located, right on Medano beach, the only decent place in Cabo to stay. Walking distance to all the restaurants on the beach and downtown and the marina. Rooms were massive, very very comfortable bed, full kitchen, two balconies and comfortable outside furniture. The pool area was excellent, great service from the poolside bar. Beds on the beach were well maintained and the area was slightly protected from the absolutely insessant numbers of vendors. Fortunately a no gracias was usually enough to keep them walking.
The Office beachside restaurant is the best place in town. We ate there about 4 times in 10 days. Although more expensive than other choices, the steaks, seabass and tuna is fantastic. We also had a magnificent seafood platter for a reasonable 600 pesos for 2 people from the Las Palmas Medano Beach restaurant just to the left of the hotel on the beach.
The spa services seem a bit over priced. I had a manicure and pedicure and although lovely, did take over 2 hours.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled as a couple
2  Thank jambolis
Reviewed 27 June 2009

My husband and I traveled to Cabo San Lucas for 6 days / 5 nights in late May and had a wonderful experience. The Casa Dorada was the perfect hotel for us. The location is as good as it gets. It is right on Medano beach where the fun is and just a 5 minute walk to the marina, mall, and town. The resort is new and very clean. The pool area is beautiful, low key and relaxing...but definitely not boring. The pool staff were very friendly, personable and accommodating. Danny was a sweetheart and Paco...well Paco has got to be the best pool concierge in Cabo. We looked forward to our Spanish lesson everyday and he has definitely inspired me to learn the language. I will try to make him proud by the time we return :) Paco was very knowledge able about Los Cabos and also hooked us up with reservations for some great restaurants. The pool was sparkling and cool and there were plenty of loungers and umbrellas too.

We were able to experience the beach, the beach bars, and water sports by just stepping through the resort's keyed gate and onto the sand. Really convenient and there was no problem with noise from the bars while by the pool or from our room. It was also easy just to walk over to the marina or into town from the Casa Dorada too. We did it just about every evening.

Our one bedroom suite was soooo spacious and the view was amazing. We had room quinientos y ocho (did I get that right?!?!). It had a full kitchen with frig, microwave, cookware, etc, two bathrooms, comfy king size bed in the bedroom and jacuzzi tub. I loved that the resort, including our suite, had free wireless internet. I could easily check in with my teenage son back in the states anytime without the expense of a phone call. The room safe was spacious enough to hold my laptop. (The hotel also has computers available in the business center too.)

The breakfast buffet at Maydan was very good. We had dinner at 12 Tribes one evening. It turned out to be a cool evening so was a little disappointed that I and our food turned cold and made for a hasty meal. But we made up for it with a couple of really good lemon-drop martinis at The B Bar. The drinks were good but the bar only had a couple other patrons....but then again all of Cabo was still slow while were there.

We'll definitely recommend Cabo and the Casa Dorada to our friends and family. We can't wait to make it back!

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled as a couple
3  Thank JustBreathe111
Reviewed 26 June 2009

Beautiful 2 bedroom suite with nice large living area, 3 balconies, huge soaker tub, 2 bathrooms, full kitchen. Nice pools, nice bars, nice restaruants, great service. WOW! location right on Medano beach, 10 minute walk to Marina.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled with family