On the positive side:
We traded our two BR in Orlando and received an efficiency however, it turned out to be much more than we thought. It can easily accommodate 4 people but perfect for two, and was actually quite large. The location was beautifully set on an incredible beachfront a short kayak ride away from the arch of Cabo San Lucas. Restaurants and entertainment was available all around us. The hotel food was better than average. The maid service is daily and these folks did a smashing job, including a nightly turn down service with sweet treats and mood music to welcome you upon coming back to your room. The jacuzzi was out of service during our stay. The pool concierge "Paco" is a great asset to the place. He was attentive to us and treated us with the utmost respect. He was helpful, courteous and resourceful in a time when some first aid was necessary.
At the bar look for Juan. What a great guy. Mixes one heck of a Bahama Mama too. The employees of the resort really helped to make the experience unforgettable. A/C was cold, room was very comfortable, sheets, mattress, and pillows were great. The downtown has something for everyone. Also, the marina has many fine restaurants. Check out this little place "Corners" downtown for authentic Mexican food and the biggest Margarita in all of Mexico. Fabian the owner is a UFC enthusiast, so if you or your husband want to see the fights on the big screen you won't have to miss it.
On the negative side:
July was extremely hot there so maybe that isn't the ideal time of year to go to Cabo. The time share presentation sales people are everywhere from the time you get off the plane, till the last night you are there. They are relentless, as well as are the vendors on the beach. They are extremely annoying and probably were my least favorite part of the trip.
Overall I highly recommend the ATV experience on the beach and the sunset cruise on the La Princesa. We had a blast on both. There are many ways to see the arch of Cabo and I have listed the two that we used. Catamaran and kayak. A truly great vacation.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With an incomparable location on Medano Beach -- the best swimmable beach of Cabo, Casa Dorada is just steps away from world-class shopping, dining, entertainment, and the marina. As a member of Preferred Hotels & Resorts, a collection of the world’s finest independent luxury hotels, Casa Dorada Los Cabos brings the upscale service and family-friendly features to the Cabo San Lucas oceanfront. The Resort grants visitors a more convenient, yet equally spectacular, alternative to the more remote hotel zone of the Tourist Corridor. Boasting unobstructed vistas of Land’s End and the famous Arch, Casa Dorada is just 30 minutes away from Los Cabos International Airport. All of the 185 spacious one-, two- and three-bedroom suites and penthouses, open up to Los Cabos’ most dazzling ocean view, while the luminous and contemporary interiors ensure your comfort and satisfaction. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Ebookers, Priceline, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., HRS, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Casa Dorada Los Cabos Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Casa Dorada Los Cabos Hotel Cabo San Lucas
- Casa Dorada Los Cabos Resort & Spa Cabo San Lucas, Mexico