“My week in paradise in Los Cabos”

Casa Dorada Los Cabos Resort & Spa
Ranked #17 of 71 Hotels in Cabo San Lucas
Reviewed 21 August 2009

The rooms, ground and all facilities were beautiful, clean and well maintained. I was most impressed by the service and the committment of the staff to make my stay as pleasant as possible. The food was also very good. It was family oriented and my 14 year old son had a great time and I was comfortable with letting him roam around on his own. I will definitely go back again and again!

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled with family

Reviewed 19 August 2009

I absolutely love it, the hotel is beautiful and the service is unlike anywhere else.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 August 2009

My husband and I loved this hotel. The hotel is beautiful, very clean with modern decor. Our junior suite was very spacious with a king bed, sofa bed, kitchenette, 2 LCD's and a nice balcony. The bedding and linen were also comfortable and very nice!!! Pictures cant really describe how nice this place really is. I read many reviews saying how awesome and convenient the location of where this hotel is located....they are all absolutely true!!! We will return soon.

Some Tips:
-Shuttle Service $15 pp with Cabo San Lucas Tours
-Stock up on snacks and water at Walmart (about 5-7 min taxi ride)
-Jungle Cruise: fun and open bar (but limited)
-Canopy Tour: Need tennis shoes and intense hiking
-Theres a little cafe right around the corner thats pretty good and inexpensive
-ME pool (next door): We really liked this pool cause the age range was about 21-34 and adults only. It was a lot fun....you might recognize it from the reality show Laguna Beach.
-Cabo Wabo is over rated

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 August 2009

Just arrived back from Casa Dorada. We did a last minute deal and had a one bedroom suite with a jacuzzi tub in the bedroom, Nice hotel overall however there was a lttle construction below our balcony that took a little away from the aesthetics of the view. Also the time share people were a nuisance just like most places in Mexico, but just be stern and tell them NO and they left us alone. Overall a nice place to relax party and have fun.

Stayed: August 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 August 2009

Casa Dorada was a great surprise to me. Location is excellent, blocks away from shopping, nightlife and good restaurants. All rooms are one bedroom suites. Very nice with kitchenette, dining table and living area, two bathrooms, fold out couch and master bedroom with jacuzzi tub. Great views from all rooms. Decor was also very upscale contemporary with alot of detail. Beautiful swimable beach...next to all popular beach bars and water soprts. They have a Stillwater Spa on site which was a great experience. The hotel staff was so welcoming and hospitable. Restaurants had a nice menu and beautiful views. I can't say anything negative about this property!!

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled with friends
Reviewed 9 August 2009

Casa Dorada is an incredible hotel. I stayed here for a week with my girlfriend, her sister, and friend. We had a wonderful time. The room we stayed in was very comfortable and accommodating, with a great view of the pool, Medano Beach, and the rock formations that lead to The Arch. We found that the staff was very helpful in meeting our every need. If you do find yourself staying here, I highly recommend that you get into contact with Paco, the Head Pool Concierge, and Laura at the Activities desk. It was through their assistance that we were able to arrange for all the activities we wanted to do. The waitstaff by the pool was also fantastic. The only complaint about our stay had actually nothing to do with the hotel or hotel staff itself rather the timeshare employees that buzz around the hotel grounds. They you attend an hour and half presentation with free breakfast to pitch you a timeshare. In exchange for your time they promise you 50% off of all your activities, and sometimes gifts. These individuals can be annoying and sometimes revert to high pressure tactics, but can be avoided rather easily. Over all, our Stay was excellent. The hotel was located within walking distance of the marina, and a bunch of great restaurants. The entire hotel staff was warm, accommodating and friendly. I look forward to coming back next spring or summer.

Stayed: July 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ghernan09
Reviewed 4 August 2009

The following is an email I sent to Casa Dorada.

To whom ever may be concerned of Customer Service,

I had planned to stay at your resort this month, however the trip was canceled. I originally booked the trip with Travelocity. I needed to make a change to the dates because of a schedule conflict with my work. I went back and forth with Customer Service from Travelocity to resolve the change in dates. At first, I believed Travelocity to be at fault for the lack of cooperation between you and them. I found that not to be true. The problem is your Reservations Manager!

My wife called you Reservations Manager and explained our problem. The Reservations Manager stated a request for change had been noted in your computer, but she failed to contact Travelocity to confirm the change. The Reservations Manager told my wife to have Travelocity call her and she would be waiting for their call. When my wife was on the phone with Travelocity, your Reservations Manager would not take Travelocity's call. It was only when Travelocity informed them we would be canceling our trip did the Reservations Manager take the call.

Because of your Reservations Manager lack of customer service and the ability to change our reservation without hassle, we decided to continue with the cancellation.

I was very disappointed with the way your Reservations Manager handled this case. Please believe me, this was not our first time visiting Los Cabo and we had decided to purchase a timeshare on this trip from your resort. THAT WILL NOT BE HAPPENING!!!!!!!

With the economy the way it is, I can assure you your resort will suffer far past the recovery with the current Reservations Manager and customer service you displayed to my wife and I.

Stayed: August 2009, travelled as a couple
5  Thank kjclark1
TheManagement01, General Manager at Casa Dorada Los Cabos Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2009

Dear kjclark1,

I am deeply sorry with your reservation experience and the lack of tact and follow-up from our Reservations Department. We do our utmost to help travelers with reservation changes and cancellations from all distribution channels, including Travelocity. Being an independent property, without burdensome and strict corporate policies, gives us plentiful flexibility to accommodate to future guests’ changing needs and we can boast to have some of the most lenient reservation/cancelation policies in our market. This has been the more so now, given the current market conditions.

Nevertheless it does distresses me to see such a low rating, on a scoring system designed to evaluate all aspects of a hotel’s performance towards its customers, due to a single service, without you even having the chance to experience Casa Dorada. I know how frustrating telephone processes can be at times, but your outburst is frankly a bit unfair.

I certainly hope that you give us the opportunity to host you in the near future, so you can have a more accurate perception of our services and attention.

Victor Gomez