We travel with 5 children from the age of 3y to 19 years. We also usually travel with my sister's family, our mother and our day care provider. So, all in all, there is usually a group of 10-12 of us. Having said that, I do not think any of us have a complaint regarding this property. Initially when I tried to book this hotel I was told I couldn't book there unless I was a time share owner. I am, of another property, but obviously needed many rooms. They referred me to a marketing company (GBS International) and they got us in on a promo rate. I noticed as the vacation date approached they opened it up for anyone. I would venture to say the economy and swine flu had influence on this.
The rooms were gorgeous, spacious, clean, modern and accommodating. The beds were comfortable, flat screens, large shower, oversized jetted tub and kitchens. If I am not mistaken, every room has an ocean view. Great, great rooms.
The grounds were clean as well. The pool was great. There was a large landing area for smaller children and plenty of room for others to roam. It is not massive, but at the same time this is a time-share property and it was never over crowded while we were there. There is a swim-up bar, but adults only. The restaurants and bars are easy to get to The food was pretty good.
Very accommodating. Friendly.
This property has the best location on the beach if you like activities and fun. Once you exit the secured grounds you enter the beach at the area that is lined with water activities, restaurants, bars, etc. It is very upbeat and fun. One bar was similar to a Carlos and Charlies with music and drinking games. The food on this strip of the beach was cheaper than the food at the hotel and it was really good. We ate at several different restaurants and really didn't have any complaints.
If I complained it would be about the high pressure sales. We knew we had to attend a time share presentation as a part of our promo. When we were done we had all the information and told our sales guy were had to think and talk about it in private. We went back several times for clarification on the deal they offered and even spoke to several different managers through the process. We made it clear we do not drop money like that without thinking about it first. We were about 90% certain we were going to go for it, but had one more incentive that we needed clarification on. I approached my salesman and was going to explain to my husband when he (salesman) looked at me and said if I do not sign right now the deal he offered is no longer good. I asked him if he was sure and he said, "yes." I walked off and no sale. Never considered it again after that. I had 6 days left of my stay, so I am not sure why I had to make my decision on the spot. He just kept telling me that most people make their decisions on the spot and if I walk away he knows I won't buy. Well, I guess I am not most people. We were almost there. I do want to say, after that the sales force never messed with me again. So, good to know they don't hunt you down day after day and drive you nuts!
All in all, this hotel was fantastic. It is a smaller, more private property than the typical large resorts. I loved it!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With an incomparable location on Medano Beach -- the best swimmable beach of Cabo, Casa Dorada is just steps away from world-class shopping, dining, entertainment, and the marina. As a member of Preferred Hotels & Resorts, a collection of the world’s finest independent luxury hotels, Casa Dorada Los Cabos brings the upscale service and family-friendly features to the Cabo San Lucas oceanfront. The Resort grants visitors a more convenient, yet equally spectacular, alternative to the more remote hotel zone of the Tourist Corridor. Boasting unobstructed vistas of Land’s End and the famous Arch, Casa Dorada is just 30 minutes away from Los Cabos International Airport. All of the 185 spacious one-, two- and three-bedroom suites and penthouses, open up to Los Cabos’ most dazzling ocean view, while the luminous and contemporary interiors ensure your comfort and satisfaction. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and HotelsClick so you can book your Casa Dorada Los Cabos Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Casa Dorada Los Cabos Hotel Cabo San Lucas
- Casa Dorada Los Cabos Resort & Spa Cabo San Lucas, Mexico