“Best Vacation Spot Ever!!”

Casa Dorada Los Cabos Resort & Spa
Ranked #17 of 70 Hotels in Cabo San Lucas
SHELDON
“Best Vacation Spot Ever!!”
Reviewed 28 February 2010

We just returned from spending 2 weeks at Casa Dorada and cannot think of one thing we didn't like about it. The hotel itself is so clean and well kept and I might add beautiful. The staff that works there is so friendly and helpful....they will do anything for you. Paco is one of our favorite employees there!! (among many others) Go...you will not be sorry!

• Stayed February 2010, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (606)
Seattle, WA
Reviewed 28 February 2010

This hotel in Cabo is right in the heart of Medano Beach; therefore, it features easy access to excellent beaches, excellent water sports, excellent beachside eating and drinking. Furthermore, the hotel is within walking distance to both the marina and city. I also discovered Edith's a few blocks away and wish I had known about this wonderful restaurant last time I was in town. Truly a great place to eat. The hotel proper features a nice pool and great amenities such as spa, gym and two very good restaurants. The service was constantly friendly and helpful. I really had a wonderful time and plan on staying at Casa Dorada my time on vacation. Paco, the pool concierge, is a very good source for dinner reservations, suggestions and information. Find him.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled as a couple
Portland, OR
Reviewed 28 February 2010

The property was great, the staff have become family friends and the overall experience gets better every year!

• Stayed February 2010, travelled as a couple
Internet
Reviewed 26 February 2010

I travelled to Los Cabos Casa Dorada a few weeks ago. I just wanted to have a nice relaxing stay with my spouse.
First of all the cleanliness of the hotel has much to desire, the floor was kinda dirty, the room had some kind of awkward smell and wasn't all cleaned up.
A few hours after cheking in, the time share people just kept on our back, I truely find that disgusting. We are paying (a lot) to stay at this hotel, I don't wont anyone to sell me a timeshare. If I wanted one, I would have bought one. Anyway, there was this girl that just couldn't accept a "no" as response.

To be honest I am quite mad at the moment for these vacations, when we normaly enjoy staying at los cabos. But it was our first time at Casa Dorada... Our last too.

I really won't recomend it to any of my friends and/or family and I strongly suggest all of you to find another solution. I should add that Los Cabos hosts many 5 stars + All inclusive hotels that are better than C.Dorada.

• Stayed January 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Johnerson
memphis
Reviewed 22 February 2010

My Family and I booked our reservations in October of 2009 for our planned stay in February of 2010. Half of my family was bumped out of the reservation to a hotel next door ,which WAS NOT comparable Casa Darado. There was not much we could do about the situation and the hotel was not even willing to comp us for our inconvienence. It was very upsetting to all of us. Hotel staff ,although, such as pool concieierge, maid service, spa sevices, and guest services at the desk were very friendly. We will not be returning because we cannot depend upon our reservation. We were amoung SEVERAL other families that this happened to. Shame Shame on you Casa Dorada!!!!

• Stayed January 2010, travelled with family
5 Thank MemphisSassy
TheManagement01, General Manager at Casa Dorada Los Cabos Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 1 March 2010
Dear MemphisSassy,

I am truly sorry for the inconveniences experienced due to the overbooking of our hotel. As you might know, overbookings happen in the hospitality and airline industry sporadically. It is most unfortunate and typically, hotel management avoids situations like this. I am sorry it happened at Casa Dorada but, regrettably, we had a system/software failure with an interface connected to our property management system. It has been since corrected.

It is important to state that the selected property to move our guests was the Me by Melia Resort adjacent to Casa Dorada, sharing the same beach and also considered a five star property. I am sorry if their facilities did not cover your expectations.

I regret that the situation was not handled properly by our staff and that the compensation was not to your satisfaction.

Regards,

Victor Gomez
Cabo San Lucas
Reviewed 20 February 2010

The hotel was beautiful, clean and the staff were so amazing and friendly. The views from just about any room were spectacular. The pools were clean and not over done with too much chlorine. The good thing about the beach area was that the lounge chairs were roped off so the beach pedlers could not get too close to bother you. This hotel is close to everything and walking distance to the peirs and shopping. All the activities were right at hands reach and all the shops and sales people were ready to give you
the rate of dollar vs pesos. I would definately stay there again and would definately refer anyone to do the same. For some real fun try The Office which is right on the beach we went twice because it was so much fun and the food was great. Also, mangos if you want a louder croud for the night. Again, I would rate this hotel a Ten out of Ten. Also some really big cruise ship anchor a short distance from the hotel and thats also a great sight. Just don't give into the time share people. They are pretty pushy and the tour lasts a lot longer than they say. Cabo was by far my most favorite trip yet.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank tanner_10
Louisville, KY
Reviewed 20 February 2010

This is our favorite destination to Los Cabos. The short walk to downtown Cabo San Lucas and its wharf area provided a wide range of restaurant and shopping choices. The restaurants at Casa Dorada are excellent. The entire staff is the best we have experienced in the many places we have visited in Mexico.

• Stayed January 2010, travelled as a couple