Our group consisted of three adult couples, all well traveled in the U.S., Canada and Mexico. Casa Dorada Resort at Medano Beach is right in the heart of it all, and is by far the best resort and vacation destination we've ever stayed. Not one of the six of us can wait to get back there again for next year's vacation. The resort has every amenity you could imagine, the cleanliness of this gorgeous new resort is unbelievable, each room is totally private with it's own balconies (there were 2 in our 1-bedroom condo), and an OCEAN VIEW TO DIE FOR (National Geographic'ish), a nice-sized kitchen with granite countertops, full-sized fridge, fully-equipped kitchen, our condo had two flat-screen TVs, and the jacuzzi and gorgeous spa-like bedding and beautiful tile everywhere made us feel like royalty. They have a terrific fully-equipped gym, and the spa is absolutely unbelievable. When we'd wake up in the morning, we could look out one of our two balconies to see the breathtaking view of The Arch, the sunny, blue sky, and where the Pacific Ocean and Sea of Cortez come together... and we saw whales! and sea turtles! and sea lions! and pelicans! and it was FAB! We never needed a car, because everything is within walking distance. You can either mosey down to the beach to go for a walk or go swimming (Medano Beach is one of the rare places in Cabo that you can safely swim), and go to any of the bars or restaurants on the beach, and you can buy whatever your heart desires from the vendors who walk the beach, grab a water taxi over to Lover's Beach, zip around on a jet ski, go parasailing, or whatever you want. And if you don't want to do a thing, you can quietly and peacefully sit at the pool or beach and read or snooze all doggone day, and a very nice staff member is always happy to refresh your cocktail or bring your lunch. If you want to go into town, it's about a 10 minute walk over to the marina and see all the bizillion dollar yachts, and do some great shopping and eating along the way. You can also swim-with-the-dolphins over alongside the marina, or you can just go in and watch others do it. There is a fun nightlife at Cabo Wabo, El Squid Roe and Giggling Marlin (and many other places), and great restaurants such as The Office (which also has excellent food and is right on the beach next to the resort), Ediths is also next door to the resort, and many others. We also went zip-lining in the canyon-awesome experience! We also did the sunset dinner cruise, pirates booze cruise, marlin fishing, whale watching, and each one of these activities was a blast. All of the restaurants are superb, and also very affordable. We ate like royalty, but didn't gain any tonnage because we had so much fun walking around. Honestly, it is true paradise. There is something for everyone. You can go out and have the adventure of your life, or just sit back and relax. The pools at Casa Dorada at Medano Beach are spectacular - and at night they even have little lights in the bottom of the pool that look like the stars are sparkling - verrry dreamy. There are two large firepits adjacent to the pool that have soft and relaxing seating around them. The pool temperature is perfect, and there is a huge swim up bar. There are very luxurious lounges sounding the pool, and umbrellas to protect you from the sun or shade your eyes while you sleep or read, and there are also large "cabanna-type" enclosures that are covered with a canopy in case you want to just take a snooze with no one bothering you. The golf courses look wonderful, but we're not golfers, so we didn't go. The weather was always perfect - just the right balance of heat, humidity and ocean breezes to make you feel refreshed. If only we didn't have the reality of jobs, family , friends and pets back home, we'd live there. If I were to describe the perfect vacation, this would be it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With an incomparable location on Medano Beach -- the best swimmable beach of Cabo, Casa Dorada is just steps away from world-class shopping, dining, entertainment, and the marina. As a member of Preferred Hotels & Resorts, a collection of the world’s finest independent luxury hotels, Casa Dorada Los Cabos brings the upscale service and family-friendly features to the Cabo San Lucas oceanfront. The Resort grants visitors a more convenient, yet equally spectacular, alternative to the more remote hotel zone of the Tourist Corridor. Boasting unobstructed vistas of Land’s End and the famous Arch, Casa Dorada is just 30 minutes away from Los Cabos International Airport. All of the 185 spacious one-, two- and three-bedroom suites and penthouses, open up to Los Cabos’ most dazzling ocean view, while the luminous and contemporary interiors ensure your comfort and satisfaction. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Expedia, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, HRS, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Casa Dorada Los Cabos Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Casa Dorada Los Cabos Hotel Cabo San Lucas
- Casa Dorada Los Cabos Resort & Spa Cabo San Lucas, Mexico