“Amazing-Blissful-Serene”

Casa Dorada Los Cabos Resort & Spa
Ranked #19 of 73 Hotels in Cabo San Lucas
Reviewed 19 July 2010

My wife and I stayed at this hotel and it was amazing. We frequently travel all over Mexico for leisure and have stayed at many well known hotels, but this hotel by far offers the most with respect to value, location, family and luxury. We went mainly to relax and recharge ourselvesbefore returning to the rigors of work. From the moment we entered the main lobby, we were in awe. The view from the lobby is amazing. All of the staff that we encountered were extremely pleasant and helpful. Our room was great! What you see on the website is what you get and even moreso. We ordered room service and were told the food would take about thirty minutes, but in fact it was brought to our room within fifteen minutes and excellently prepared. We were never approached by anyone atempting to sell us a timeshare. The hotel staff were very pleasant and offered us excellent tips on dining within the area. Our room was spacious and very clean, we didn't need our room to be serviced each day, but were politely asked if we needed anything whenever we were seen in the hallway area. I cannot respectfully say there was anything bad about our experince there as everything was great!

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (2,111)

Reviewed 17 July 2010

Just returned from a week as Casa Dorada – my third week in Cabo this year but definitely the best. Casa Dorada was awesome in every way! Check-in was smooth – even dealing with the salespeople wasn’t too bad. You just tell them “no” and you are on your way. We had suite 623 – if you have seen the webcam of the pool at the cabovillas website, then you have the same view we had every morning, as that webcam is off the 623 patio. The 1 BR is awesome – kitchen, twin patios (main and bedroom) and Jacuzzi tub. If you haven’t stayed here before you may wonder about those buildings you see on the webcam between the pool area and the beach. The largest is the Mango Deck – pretty much a spring breaker’s type of place with cheap drinks and drinking games with lots of audience participation. Beside it is the Office – great breakfast where you can put your toes in the sand. Billygan’s is next to the Office. Back to the Casa Dorada – we spent a lot of time by the pool – never had a problem finding chairs, even though we didn’t make it down until 10 AM sometimes. Service by the pool was good. Cervesas were around $3.00. Not bad, but you can walk across the street from the Casa Dorada entrance to a small convenience store and pick up an 8-pack of Pacifico for around $5.50 and bring it back. Note that water is also less expensive at that store – I got 1-liter bottles for around 90 cents.
Casa Dorada’s location is perfect. Great beach, and the walk to the marina is around 10 minutes. We strolled there pretty much every morning for breakfast, as there are lots of options, the views are great, and we got a little bit of exercise. Signs around the marina point you into town. We made it into Caba Wabo on Sat afternoon to find out if Sammy Hagar was playing (he played Fri night). No luck on Sat night! A note about Cabo Wabo: meals are pricey there. Entrees run in the mid $30s; however the tequila shrimp appetizers are great! Monday was marlin fishing on the “El Budster”. Awesome experience and I highly recommend them. Hooked up to 3 marlin, caught and released 2 of them. Also caught a tuna, which were transformed into blackened tuna, sashimi, and tuna with lemon and butter at the Cavendish Tavern, just off Dock 3. Tuesday’s lunch was highlighted by a visit to Gordo Lele’s – easily the best tacos in Cabo. Gordo’s is hard to find (look up the street from the Corners Bar behind the Giggling Marlin – Gordo’s is about 5 storefronts on the right)but worth the hunt. Javier is the owner, and one of the nicest people you will ever meet. Javier is known by many to be the “fifth Beatle”, and if you are lucky he will belt out a song for you! Wed and Thu were golf days at Cabo Real. It will cost you $25 each way for a taxi, but it really is a great golf course. Janice works the drink cart and she did a fantastic job of taking care of me.
All in all a wonderful trip – we will be back in December – can’t wait!!

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 July 2010

I go to Cabo a lot and usually stay in villas or 5 star hotels
which are crazy expensive. I went with a group of 20 and wasn't
expecting much out of the hotel because in younger days
I stayed in the 3-4 star hotels and found them to be
pretty unimpressive...
Casa Dorada is not only in the best location possible in
Cabo, but I had a 1 bedroom condo, very modern and
well furnished, with an ocean view for less than $250/night.
Everyone there was incredibly friendly, professional and
every need and request was met promptly with a smile.
The service at the breakfast restaurant was equally good.
They offered a buffet each morning which was very good,
and they also had a make-to-order omelet station. A la
carte breakfast was also available. The beach set-up was
equally impressive, with a large roped off area to protect
us from the vendors, with large beds and individual
chaises available. The drinks were incredibly reasonable,
2 for 1 for $5. Can't beat that! We moved from the beach
to the jacuzzi at the end of the day. You are two doors down
from The Office and Edith's and can also walk to town if you want
to. Water sports are available on the beach adjacent to the
hotel so jet skis, and parasailing are easy to access. A
real find! If you want to be in the thick of it and still have
quality and privacy at a great price, this is the place to go.

• Stayed: June 2010
Reviewed 12 July 2010

Casa Dorada Medano Beach is a taste of heaven. Great hotel, great staff and greater location.

Reviewed 12 July 2010

First time visit to Casa Dorada through Globequest and was very pleased. Excellent location right on Medano Beach with walking accesibilty to restaurants, clubs, beach, marina and whole town of San Lucas. The staff was the perfect blend of attentive friendliness. Very well managed property. The concierge was wonderful. Excellent housekeeping and turn-down service. And the spa - ahh the Saltwater Spa. What a bonus. Only improvement suggestion was number of poolside lounge chairs. Finding a spot was sometimes a bit competitive but overall - delightful.

Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 July 2010

We travelled straight across the U.S.A. from the East Coast to vacation for the first time in Cabo San Lucas and it was well worth the journey. Arriving home early today (July 10th) , I feel like I am still on a "high" as does the rest of my family from staying at this most beautiful resort. The two bedroom suite we had was so elegantly decorated and spacious. I'm going to miss waking up every morning and sitting out on the patio viewing the Sea of Cortez sipping my coffee and eating the breakfast delivered to our room.

The staff was so nice and so very accommodating. They could not have been more gracious to us during our stay. Special hello to Oswaldo (Concierge). We were asked about attending the time share talk when we first arrived but being timeshare holders we told them we did not want to attend and that was that. However, after being there for two days we changed our mind (and to be honest it was not to buy a timeshare but to get discounts on activities). I did tell them that when we signed up to go and that was fine as we were told word of mouth is just as good to promote what they have. I must say our "talk" was a lovely breakfast with my husband, my godchild and our timeshare rep Ian. Ian gave us his spiel and was a very interesting person to sit and have breakfast with, and the whole breakfast talk was 1.5 hours and we were back in our room with some really great discounts on three different activities.

The pools, the pool bar/restaurant, the Three Tribes Restaurant, the facial at the Spa, the beach and the vendors (got some good deals), just sitting on the suite patio and enjoying the view and being with my family was all wonderful. Having two children both off to college in a few weeks made this a very special time to spend with them.

Yes, for a week I had a little piece of heaven!

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 July 2010

My now husband and I got married in Cabo San Lucas and had the reception at Casa Dorada. It was definitely the perfect choice. The place is beautiful and centrally located. The staff have perfect manners, are quite friendly, and are willing to help you with anything and everything you need. Any doubts or concerns we had in regards to our wedding reception were taken care of quickly and efficiently. They thought of everything.

One last minute change we made was from a photographer that we had prearranged to the hotel photographer for our wedding. We were informed that the hotel had its own photographer and therefore met with Fernando in the week before the wedding. His attitude toward photography instantly made me want to have him as our wedding photographer and so we quickly changed photographers. I could tell he loved being a photographer just for the sake of taking pictures. It was clear that he just plain enjoyed doing it. He was very accomodating and worked around our schedules. Excellent rate I might add. If I were ever to need a photographer for a big event again, he would definitely be my first choice. It was nice not to have to stress over the photos for the wedding. Make sure to contract Fernando if you are having a wedding there!

All in all, my wedding was amazing and Casa Dorada played a big part in that.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple