“Top Notch Service. Above and Beyond Expectations!!!”

Los Cabos Deep Blue
Useful Information: Lockers / storage, Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities
Milton, GA
“Top Notch Service. Above and Beyond Expectations!!!”
Reviewed 12 October 2011

Deep Blue provided my wife and me with an exceptional diving experience and excellent value. The personal attention Oscar and the Dive Master, Gerardo Ayala, provided were above and beyond our expectations. They were attentive, professional and on top of everything. My wife and I are relatively new to diving and Garardo made us feel as if we were his only customers.
I would recommend Deep Blue to any one interested in seeing the diving in and around Cabo. When we come back, they will be the only dive shop we use!

Visited October 2011

Dublin, California
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Great experience. They took care of everything”
Reviewed 18 September 2011

Booked with Oscar after reading the great reviews on TripAdvisor and was not disappointed. The crew took care of everything and were friendly and supportive throughout.

We aren't very experienced divers, yet the dive master Heraldo (sp?) was patient with us the whole time and took good care of us. We even went out on a night dive with him and he guided us through it all with no issues.

Their location is great too! It's literally a 5-10 minute boat ride to the dive sites.

Visited September 2011
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“Cabo Deep Blue Diving”
Reviewed 5 September 2011

I am probably one of the worst people to have walk into your shop. I worked in the dive industry too long,have probably been diving way too much and hate diving with other people. Truth be told I am very critical about the diving experience as a whole. I have held divers hands for way too long to do it on vacation--I am here to dive and take photos, not be subject to a brand new OW diver 3 days after your 2 day dive class.

With that being said, I can honestly say that my three days of diving with Cabo Deep Blue were excellent. I highly recommend the shop and diving there to anyone who is very comfortable with their skills, is relatively independent and understands that you are diving in Mexico, and not some place in the states. Small boats are the norm, great staff, welcoming-yet no frills atmosphere in the shop.

You will have boats overhead on every dive. Leaving the docks is almost comical, bordering on insane, and for someone that is used to the US way of doing things... You will cringe. Need an 02 kit and AED on the boat for every dive? Stay in the US.

Like anything else, ask before you go, be informed and don't blame your experience on your inability to communicate. My girlfriend emailed Oscar up to the day we got there. When we got to the hotel, we checked in and walked over to the shop. Oscar and crew were waiting for us, boat, tanks and gear ready to go, on our schedule. I cannot say enough about how friendly the staff was, and how well it went.
Mexico is not the first place a brand new diver should go. However, If you need the extra attention, I am confident Oscar would arrange a guide to personally take you diving.

Visited August 2011
Ottawa, Canada
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Friendliest and best dive shop!”
Reviewed 1 August 2011

The dive shop is located on the ground floor of the hotel Wyndham/Tesoro. It is easily accessible, but our preference has always been to stay at that hotel which makes diving a whole lot easier.

The dive shop is well organized and had brand new equipment. While I travel with some of my equipment (wet, mask, reg, comp) , the airlines made it such that it gets costly if you bring it all. Like Oscar, the owner, would say: "No Worries". They'll have great equipment for your diving. If you bring your own, they'll take care of it while you're having you cerveza/margarita... As a side note, they also have Nitrox available for your diving if you give them a head's up the day before.

Deep blue uses small boats, not cattle boats here. Much better experience with a small group! On some of our dive day, there was just the boat capitain, the DM and us two. The biggest group we had was 5 divers even on cruise ship days. If the groups get too big, they'll split them up on different boats.

The fees are pretty much the same across all dive shops in Cabo: what makes the difference is the quality of the equipment, service and staff. We've made our choice and been with Deep Blue on both our visits to Cabo. On our next visit it will be Deep Blue again.

When is a good time to go diving ?
The first time we went diving there, it was in February. While the weather and water is cooler, there is lots of whales and sea lions. The viz is good. One of the most enjoyable dive we had was with the sea Lions.
The second time was in July, the water and weather was much warmer. Some were diving without a wet suit but I always prefer a thin wetsuit so I'm comfortable all dive longs and it protects against the jelly fishes. It was the wet season, so the visibility was not ideal and the marina was close for 3 days. The days we did get out, there was plenty of fish and the sun was out.

Visited July 2011
1 Thank andrep1
San Diego
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 36 helpful votes
“Cabo wasn't all that....”
Reviewed 28 June 2011

We took a trip to Cabo because we heard the diving was awesome... the best diving in the world... etc. It was me my wife and two teenage girls.

First of all, the cost of diving in Cabo is very expensive, escpecially for what you get. You aren't going out on some yacht with 5 star facilities, lounge, bathroom, sun deck, etc. It is a boat that has the ability to hold 6-8 people and that is about it.

However, Oscar was a nice guy to work with and his rates were similar to everyone else. His equipment is OK, very well used. Not state of the art, but the got air to you.

Our dive sucked.... We had originally planed multiple dives on multiple days, but after the first one, we said forget this.... The water was terrible..... visibility was 5-7 feet, water temperature was about 58 degrees and there was nothing exciting about it.

Yes, we did do 1 dive, but the price we paid for 1 day was way too much.

I can't say that this dive shop is any better or any worse than others. I can just say Oscar was nice, spoke English and the event was average at best.

When booking dives, don't pre-pay for them. Negotiate the price and pay when you are done.

Visited June 2011