“Oscar saved our trip”

Los Cabos Deep Blue
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities, Lockers / storage
Reviewed 20 June 2012

I won't say all the above-and-beyond things Oscar did for us, because I'm not sure they're all standard service. However, I will say that he and his staff completely saved our trip. We had an AWFUL first day in Cabo. I'm so glad we looked up this dive shop and were able to find them in the afternoon of our second day. Oscar and his staff are friendly, courteous and professional. Oscar really seems to understand the concept of customer service. (something we found to be sorely lacking in a lot of the businesses in Cabo.) He goes the extra mile to help you enjoy your time in Cabo. We dove with Gerardo and had a fantastic dive. My partner ran out of air and that didn't even dampen the trip/dives.

Oscar was helpful with more than just diving, as well. He helped us arrange some other details of our trip and really spent a lot of time making sure we were taken care of.

If we return to Cabo, we know who we'll be diving with, no question!

There are newer reviews for Los Cabos Deep Blue

Reviewed 30 December 2011

We stumbled upon Deep Blue when looking for another dive shop, and instantly liked owner, Oscar. We dived with Garry, an excellent instructor, for the week we were in Cabo. The local dive sites can be a bit limiting, so were were taken to some areas a bit further off shore. Oscar gave us good advice about where was good to dive - e.g. he advised us not to pay extra to go to Gordo Banks, as the conditions were not good there. Oscar also arranged for us to go whale watching on our last day - saw several humpback whales and bottlenosed dolphins - a great end to our stay in Cabo.

Reviewed 2 November 2011

This was our first post certification dive, and I had a great time. Oscar was very accommodating and patient with my questions, and he assigned one dive master for the three of us. One of the people with us had not been diving for a while, and Garry was happy to go through a basic skills refresher at the beginning of our excursion.

We ended up going to Pelican Rock and Land's End. Pelican Rock had many more fish and rock formations to see, and was a pretty easy dive from what I could tell. Land's End was amazing - the sea lions were pretty active and seemed to enjoy showing off. The currents were a bit difficult to deal with, but Garry was very helpful and kept an eye on us at all times.

If I go back to Cabo, I'd definitely use this dive shop again.

Reviewed 20 October 2011

Three years ago I was interested in learning to dive as I travel to Cabo each fall with friends. In exploring various dive companies, what was important to me was individual, personalized service. The Concierge at the Playa Grande highly recommended learning to dive with Oscar at Cabo Deep Blue. Within minutes, the owner and Dive Master Oscar, made me feel right at home. Throughout the next several days, Oscar, Geraldo and Gary patiently worked with me, answered all my questions and made certain that all my concerns and safety issues were addressed.

I travel to Cabo San Lucas at least annually and have returned to Cabo Deep Blue for all my training and dives. Over the course of two years I have aquired all PADI certifications, up to Advanced Open Water Certification with Oscar and his team. The dive guides/instructors are among the best and I have never had any problems with their equipment.

Cabo Deep Blue is among, if not the best, dive company in Cabo. Overall, I would highly recommend Cabo Deep Blue if you are looking for a first class dive company with uncompromising service. I cannot wait to return!

Reviewed 12 October 2011

Deep Blue provided my wife and me with an exceptional diving experience and excellent value. The personal attention Oscar and the Dive Master, Gerardo Ayala, provided were above and beyond our expectations. They were attentive, professional and on top of everything. My wife and I are relatively new to diving and Garardo made us feel as if we were his only customers.
I would recommend Deep Blue to any one interested in seeing the diving in and around Cabo. When we come back, they will be the only dive shop we use!