1,810 results
All reviews xhale club quiet pool kibbeh wink bar bites restaurant foam parties la biblioteca room service barefoot grill marina view second building rooftop lounge fishing boats unlimited vacation club techno music top shelf alcohol grey goose
Reviewed 18 January 2017 via mobile

This was our first visit to Cabo and we absolutely loved it. The resort was beautiful and the food was outstanding. The staff went out of their way to make us feel welcome!!!! Will definitely be going back !

Date of stay: November 2016
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank volleys1
Reviewed 17 January 2017

Breathless Cabo has a primo location. The marina side provides endless entertainment and spectating with the boats moving in/out all day long. The Sea Lion also puts on numerous shows and sounds (the 3 am "barks" were kind of annoying, but this is nothing the resort has any control over obviously). I enjoyed being able to walk right out of the hotel and walk along the marina. The winding walkways around the marina made for a nice AM walk. AM was the best time to walk the route as the constant selling and trying to set up trips/excursions got pretty old after two miles of it. There was a lot less banter in the morning (again, nothing to do with the resort, however).
I appreciated the resort security at every gate/entry point. Its a big "campus" with the two buildings and I always was happy to give my room number and last name so they could verify it on the list. I did see security escorting a couple of wanderers off the premises and they were professional and steadfast in their job.
The beach was clean and ocean water was "swim-able" but too cold for my taste, but it is the coldest time of the year.
The staff was amazing: Attentive, friendly, got to know you and your drink preference, worked their butts off! Please tip them. I tipped everyone everywhere. They work super hard. Our room was always cleaned well and fresh towels and toiletries whenever we needed them. There is a decent working hair dryer, iron/ironing board, soaps, lotion, shaving type cream, shampoo/conditioner, body wash, toothpaste, toothbrush, mending kit, comb, shower cap, shoe polisher etc. I might be missing something, but very comprehensive. I mention this because sometimes it's nice to not have to pack stuff when you know it's there.
They have a Nespresso espresso machine in the room and the little pods supplied every day. Mini fridge had soft drinks, ample waters, some beer and creamers for coffee. They also had a few small mini bottles of three different boozes.
I LOVED that they had yoga classes everyday. It was an awesome feature. They were located by the quiet pool and you had to check the e-tablet in the rooms for the times. Seemed to be pretty consistent every morning except the weekend days the times changed.
Wifi was excellent and working at all times.
The entertainment staff was great, but it seemed the hotel was pretty quiet right after the holidays so it's kind of hard to get a big group participation when hotel general capacity was so few.
The food was great. No real complaints there. The coffee barista was spot on. Loved all the coffee. The fish tacos by the quiet pool were some of the best I've ever had. Wings were consistently delicious at any location. The buffet was always fresh and good. All the shrimp/seafood at the restaurants was perfect, lobster pasta bowl was great, steaks were superb. I thought portions were very spot on but I try and eat until gently full, not busting at the seams. My boyfriend was still hungry after one shrimp meal so he ordered the steak too. They didn't bat an eye and kind of joked he should've just ordered the surf n turn in the first place (which wasn't a listed option necessarily but one they were happy to oblige him with).
Their house wines were decent, red wines were chilled by the bars which I thought was odd, but maybe it was just how they did it??? Mojitos were so fresh and tasty; those went down easy. Margaritas seemed strong but very yummy as well. Had one cosmo and it was good too.
Our last day was a pool/foam party with dancers and coconut drinks etc. That was fun. Seemed to get everyone in a festive mood and even the wait staff seemed to have some fun...even though they were working their butts off to accommodate everyone with ample beverages. Again, tipping seemed very appropriate and appreciated here.
My one complaint would be the building set up. It was weird going in one elevator to the lobby (or quiet pool or restaurant), then walk a bit to get to another different elevator to get up to my room...then down that elevator to get back to the lobby (or quiet pool or restaurant). Then if you wanted to get to the other building or beach, you walk down a corridor to another elevator to get down to the ground, walk out the hotel and get to the other building, get to the stairs or other elevator to get to the party pool or buffet. I mean, you get used to the set up, just seems chopped up more than it needs to be. However, I like to walk, I like to move so it wasn't too big of an issue for me personally.
I have been to Cancun many times so I was expecting the humid heat like the Yucatan has. This is more desert like dry heat so it was great for the hair! I wished I brought more evening sweater/long sleeved type clothes but with low humidity, apparel seemed to stay "fresher" longer so I just wore the same thing every night.
All in all Breathless was a great experience and I loved Cabo.

6  Thank Beachstalking
Reviewed 17 January 2017

Do not recommend this place as the food is awful and the service is terribly fake. You will barely eat any food because the food is worse than a cheap buffet. The concierge or managers will only treat you well if you bought into one of their timeshare sales pitches. Pitching people that paid to be on vacation? They try to be an upscale modern facility but for that experience you should stay at The Cape, a Thompson Hotel which is pricey but amazing. Will never stay at one of these properties again and will not recommend to my well-travelled friends and family. After we stayed here for several days we extended our trip for two more days as we didn't want to bother switching hotels. Then we found out my sister would be in Playa Del Carmen for her birthday so we tried to cancel or modify our extension. The hotel was unnecessarily inflexible and only Hotels.com was willing to try to figure something out. Breathless tried to blame Hotels.com but as a Gold Member, I know that Hotels.com would refund my full reservation if the hotel agreed, which they did not. So I got charged the full amount for two nights which came out to be $1,100. No compromises. The hotel tried to use the excuse that they couldn't book out our rooms because of our reservation but the hotel was nearly empty already! They had plenty of rooms left and it was a decision they could have easily made if they valued customer service. Bottom line, we will take our five figure annual travel budget to Mexico elsewhere so this greedy management can keep our $1,100.
Better to stay at a hotel that doesn't offer all-inclusive because the local restaurants are delicious and drinks are cheap. Also, don't be fooled by the marina location because there are non-stop cheesy party boats floating by with blaring music you can hear from the entire resort.

3  Thank Qato K
Reviewed 16 January 2017

My husband and I visited Breathless Cabo San Lucas in late January 2016 after they first opened. Not all the restaurants and bars were even complete at the time but the location on the marina is perfect. You can walk to anything in town and feel safe, we walked more when vacationing than we do in our day to day life and enjoyed being able to walk during the day and at night. We returned for a 2nd visit for two weeks through New Years and were not disappointed. The resort is modern and the staff are amazing, from check in to sipping drinks poolside. Paulina at the front desk is just the best, always smiling and super helpful. Miguel did whatever he could to make our stay enjoyable. The wait staff at the pool, Rafael, Felix, William and all the others that I didn't get their names were just great, they kept you with drink in your hands at all times. The ETeam Johny, Erica and the others went above and beyond to make sure you are having fun. There are many things to do if you want or if you'd rather do nothing at all. We met so many fun people from all over during this trip. There is not a bad view from any room on the grounds. You can watch the sea lions get fed from the backs of the boats as they return to dock evey day, there is just no place like this I've ever been. We will be back!!

3  Thank spitfire68
Reviewed 16 January 2017

Half the staff people that I enjoyed most from my previous visit were now gone. The people that replaced them weren’t nearly as friendly or as efficient at their work. In my opinion, the quality of the food has also gone down. It still remains a great location but with the attitude of the new staff and the quality of the food we probably won’t be staying there again.

Room tip: Rooms closer to the ocean are quiter but more expensive
Date of stay: December 2016