“cabo rip off”

3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“cabo rip off”
Reviewed 24 January 2008

went with robertos sportfishig trust me all you get is a boat ride with no fish..you also get old broken down boats ready for the scrap yard ===

1 Thank thunderohio

Texas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“so so cabo Trip”
Reviewed 24 April 2007

I took a trip with Robertos Sport Fishing out of CABO ,my wife and I both caught a Marlin.The trouble I had with the experience is we paid $13.00 a piece for a " fishing liscense" wich I was told later was actually called a " Despacho" .We had to pay $20.00 for bait that we didn't use ,( the deck hand threw it back ?) we sat in the boat for two and one half hours while the captain caught more bait ! We fished for 1.5 hours of the 8 hour trip. when I caught the first Marlin the captian killed it so the deck hand tried to talk me in to getting it mounted ,at a greatly inflated price. I was glad we caught fish but the experience could have been better. This is not an attack on Robertos but on Cabo fishing as a whole.I heard several similar stories .I saw that every person had to buy the "liscence" and every one had to buy the bait that was never used no matter what charter they used. After the trip Roberto the owner offered to get us a water taxi to take us back to the resort 200 yards away for just $15.00 that was very nice of him since it only costs $2.00 per person to go 2 miles to the beach.

4 Thank avidfisherman