“Pool Review as resort is under construction”
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
Lipps1980
Didsbury, Canada
“Don’t bother until construction is complete they made effort to make us happy!”
Reviewed 8 February 2018 for a stay in February 2018

Booked a year in advance at no time was there a e-mail sent informing us it was under construction. To make matters even more insulting they put us in the heart of all the construction, after booking one full year in advance!! We have a ground floor patio we can’t use in private as we are surrounded by construction workers! When asked how long into the night the jack hammering would continue they informed us up to 11pm maybe! ARE YOU KIDDING ME? Four days of noise from 8-11pm And when we complain it’s well we are sorry and nothing to even try and make a member happy! We have another agonizing 4 days of hell at this resort, so much for relaxation on vacation!

Your age range 50-64
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
TheCoilMe...
Oakland, California
“Pool Review as resort is under construction”
Reviewed 21 October 2017 for a stay in October 2017

Vacation wasn’t perfect due to half the resort under construction which the website and staff failed to notify me of. However my experience at the pool was the best part. The Joy Squad does a great job in entertaining the guests with activities from water volley ball to blackjack games and loteria(bingo). Among the staff Omar of the Joy Team went above and beyond. The man is good at what he does and that’s entertainment. Translated anytime it was needed for guests. Energetic and interactive attitude would get the guest up and going in participating with activities. On days that I had no plans I would head to the pool in hopes Omar was on site as he made it that much fun. The pool area is beautiful and has a nice view of the beach and sea. Only thing missing was a jacuzzi. Bar drinks were tasty and the waiters and pool area staff were helpful in helping out with towels and setting up umbrellas for shade for the cabanas.

Audrey H
McKinney, Texas
“The Brio Spa review”
Reviewed 2 August 2017 for a stay in August 2017

I'm reviewing the spa at the Grand Mayan because the hotel is under construction, and I really can't tell WHAT it will be like, but I think it will be very beautiful in the end.

Carmen was my spa masseuse and also did my pedicure and facial. She was excellent. Very good deep tissue and hot stone massage.

The staff at the spa is very helpful and informative. There was one guy in particular that was equally if not more helpful than the upstairs concierge staff. I am sad I forget his name. He even offered to research best places to eat and call us back the next day.

The concierge staff is excellent and the wait staff at Samba restaurant are precious. Very personable and helpful.

It's a bummer that the hotel is under construction, but the hotel staff tries very hard to make up for it. I'm giving the staff five stars.

We have a horrible view from my room, but the beautiful beach area beyond and pool are fabulous. Lots of places to swim, lay out, etc. My one complaint about the beach is that I thought we would be able to swim in the ocean, and it is a no swimming zone due to the monster waves....which as a positive point, make it fun to watch the ocean and create a very serene view for those who just want to lie under a thatched roof and sip margaritas.

All in all, I think that if we had come before the construction or come AFTER it, the Grand Mayan would have gotten five stars for sure. A couple things that I really appreciate that they do is come by every night to see if we need anything like new towels, etc. Another thing is that they have two happy hours where you get two drinks for the price of one...and they aren't watered down drinks.

Note: we found that renting a car for a day was WAY cheaper than getting a taxi. We rented a car for $50/day and a one way ride into Cabo is $40!!!!

We drove to Palmillas and had lunch at one of their restaurants overlooking the cliffs. It was gorgeous. They also have a beach where you can swim. We also plan to go to La Paz and possibly Todos Santos ...so we will see what we think of those as well.

Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing