“Peace and Quiet”

Worldmark Coral Baja
Phoenix, Arizona
“Peace and Quiet”
Reviewed 10 June 2014

If you like looking at the waves crashing on a beach ... if you like pools with quiet, well-behaved children ... if you like enormous jacuzzis, free internet, and a compliant staff ... you'll love Coral Baja. Granted, it's a long walk to San Jose Del Cabo. And, it's a cab or car ride to Cabo San Lucas. But, you can get to a grocery store in 10 minutes... the area has at least a dozen excellent restaurants ... and your room is like living at home.

While we don't recommend the walk to San Jose Del Cabo, we did that four times in the week we spent. Incidentally, other than one request, there is no pressure to attend a time-share presentation.

This is a resort that we would gladly return to in the future.

Room Tip: Higher floors on the two front buildings.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Vegascr1

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (105)
California
Reviewed 6 June 2014

First off, lemme just say that my parents are Worldmark owners, and this was their first time staying at a Worldmark property, so maybe we just weren't aware of how such a vacation normally goes. The property itself was awesome! Like a condo, with two master bedrooms, each with its own bathroom, a full kitchen, dining room, living room, and a patio that led straight out to the pool. There was more than enough room for my parents, my husband, and me. The pool never got crowded and the water was perfect. There weren't too many lounge chairs on the beach, but that wasn't an issue for me because one of my favorite moments was when I was laying out on the sand, next to the water, listening to the waves crashing and feeling the ocean mist on my face (I'm feeling so relaxed right now just thinking about it).
About the service--we certainly appreciated them recommending we book a shuttle to the hotel beforehand as there are many timeshare people at the airport that are going to try and lure you in. Check-in went well, and our concierge Amanda gave us helpful tips to get around town, since this was our first time there. What we didn't realize was that housekeeping doesn't clean the bathrooms, make the beds, nor provide fresh towels or coffee for the remainder of your stay. We had to request it everyday. (We're not sure if this is the norm for any Worldmark property?) It wouldn't have been a big deal if they had given us what we needed in a prompt manner, but we had to wait over an hour just to get coffee. There was coffee available in the lobby, but we shouldn't have to be forced to go out in our PJs just to get something that should've been provided for us. Our only other complaint was the service at their onsite restaurant, Mama Mia. I'll review that restaurant as well, so I won't go into much detail here. But the gist of it was that it took over an hour to get our food served and my mom's dish wasn't even warm. (We had also overheard someone from the other table who said that their food was cold too.) The restaurant manager ended up apologizing to us, explaining that it was so busy, and offered us a free dessert. We didn't take her up on her offer, but made sure to get the point across that being busy was no excuse.
So, bottom line is that yes, we would stay here again. But we'll know what kind of housekeeping service to expect next time. And also, to eat at Mama Mia's only if it doesn't look too busy :P

Room Tip: Although it seems like it makes for a nice view out on your balcony when you're on a higher leve...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank luvNY94
Zulema N, General Manager at Worldmark Coral Baja, responded to this review, 12 June 2014
Dear LuvNY94, We appreciate your feedback, we’re sorry that you were not aware of the cleaning policies, as well that you had to spend time waiting for coffee to be delivery to your unit, please rest assure we will address these concerns moving forward to avoid any future occurrences of this nature. however it´s great to hear you enjoyed the view and the white sand beach in front of the resort, as well all information provided by Amanda resulting been helpful while your vacation in Los Cabo area. Again, thanks for reaching out.
Banning, California
Reviewed 30 May 2014

We visited May 24 to the 29th. We are Worldmark owners and this was our first time to this location. Let me give you the positives:
1. Received call from the resort to inform us they can arrange transportation and beware of the Timeshare sharks at the Airport. 2. The recommended transportation was Translife and they met us at the airport but had to wait for other quests. So they want to make sure are picked up. 3. The do give you a drink when you arrive but to lure you for the Wyndamn sales.4. The rooms and grounds are clean and creative a recreational type ambiance.5. I noticed families were having a great time .6. The manager Ramon remembered my and my wife when we visited the Paloma location in Rosarito beach when we checked in.7 We had a room on the 5th floor so had an excellent view of the ocean.8. We got locked out in our patio and was able to get help from the staff who contacted security to let us back in out room.9. The restaurant Mama Mia is on site so you do not have to go down town to dine or eat. The waiters Ubides (from Chiapas and Orsiris from Sonora were attentive and up beat. 10. There were no drunks but drinks are available from the pool area, sports bar and restaurant all day. They do have happy hour. 11. Plenty of activities so that the families or couples can enjoy the time. Finally, I was not sure about the music as noted by another (70's and all American) We like being in Mexico the Latin music but Monday was Salsa night and they had a Cuban Band with excellent Salsa (this was the highlight for me).
The minuses were: time share sales.
We will be back next year.
RMS

Room Tip: Higher floors have great views of the ocean. Also building #1 has great views of the ocean. The comp...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank RamonSalcido
Zulema N, General Manager at Worldmark Coral Baja, responded to this review, 6 June 2014
Dear Mr. & Mrs. Salcido, I´m glad to read that your stay at worldMark Coral Baja was very pleasant and fun, from the condition of the unit, airport transportation, restaurant, sport Bar, Salsa Night at Mama Mia. Great to read your comments about Ramon, urides and Osiris, I will be sharing it with them. We will review our choice of music, thank you for mentioned it.
Once again thank you for your review and we look forward on welcoming you in a near future.
Regards, Zulema N.
Elk Grove, California
Reviewed 27 May 2014

My wife and I will be making our seventh trip to San Jose del Cabo and our sixth to Coral Baja in July to celebrate my 60th birthday. I cannot say enough good stuff about this place as our experiences there have always been fabulous from the moment we arrive to the staff (nuestros amigos) hug us and tell us goodbye until the next time.

Worldmark calls Corak Baja its "crown jewel" and that is an understatement. A beautiful place to be with the best staff in the world!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Mr. Dendy, thank you for your kind words, me and all Coral Baja staff is always happy to welcome you to Coral Baja, We look forward for you and your wife to have a great time this coming July. Best regards to you both.
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 9 May 2014

Greeted with beer and margaritas! Really no need to go into Cabo or San Jose del Cabo, this property has activities, great food, awesome food, traveling happy hours for at least 6 hours, super clean facilities, super great staff, I didn't want to leave. I had jet lag and was up one morning, watching them start their cleaning process of the grounds at around 4:30 am. THEY ARE THOROUGH! If you have any question about pool water, don't worry, it's checked and corrected daily, vac'd brushed, skimmed, WOW. The concrete/stone pool area is large, yet scrubbed clean with a small pool brush!!!! The sand is combed, there are some palapas to shade your lounge chairs, and you can walk down to the water. You can't swim right in front of the Coral Baja, but it's a short walk to swimming beaches.
Taxi to Cabo is about 30 minutes and $45 for up to 4 ppl, the Urbanos busses are great too, just get one of the NEW ones, and DON'T FALL ASLEEP on the ride! You need to press the button just before your stop!
The staff will do anything they need to do to make sure your stay is a happy one. You can exchange your US cash there too.
OH! Make sure you enjoy and Karaoke or Disco night if Stephanos is the DJ!!!! I hope I got his name right!! He's a character, and you can't miss him. VERY talented, TIP HIM WELL, he and his wife have a baby on the way!!!!

Room Tip: The "building in the back" is behind the parking lot and putting green, next to the highwa...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Suchadva
Zulema N, General Manager at Worldmark Coral Baja, responded to this review, 10 May 2014
Thank you Sudchadva for taking the time to provide with such a detailed and great feedback, including resort highlights as well as local information. I´m please that you have enjoyed our pool side installations, beach área, restaurant and bars with the tasty and refreshing happy hours, as well as the fun night events at Mama mia with Estefano, be sure I will share your comments with the staff.
Again thank you for reaching out and we look forward to your next visit.
Kent, Washington
Reviewed 24 April 2014 via mobile

First, let me say I love Worldmark. We're owners and I'm happy. Second, let me say I'm less happy with the "Wyndhamness" encroaching into their sales department attitudes. But the resort itself is lovely and in a good location near things but it still feels small, which I like. The grounds and rooms were great. We were in the main building (1?) in a two bedroom and out friends were in a one bedroom in the building next door. The views were fabulous. Having the restaurant and bar on site was really essentially. The employees were friendly and helpful 90% of the time. The activities girl, Jello, was sweet but never at her post and seemed very scattered. Just try getting a basketball, golf club, snorkel fins, etc. The beach is not swimmable, which we knew. Dangerous current. But still lovely to walk. The rooms had everything they needed: great air conditioning, spacious rooms, well appointed kitchens. The typical Worldmark experience just in an even more amazing locale! I don't know if I will go back to Cabo in my lifetime but if I did, I would stay here again in a heartbeat.

Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Zulema N, General Manager at Worldmark Coral Baja, responded to this review, 2 May 2014
Hola Pjgrad,

Thank you for this great feedback. this will allow us to continue to enhance the vacation experience at our resort. We will look into increasing the customer service as to fullfill guest expectations to a 100% all the time, especially with Jello at pool side activites.
We look forward on welcoming you and the opportunity to provide you with our worldclass service. thank you againg for your comments.

New Westminster, Canada
Reviewed 22 April 2014

We have stayed here the last 3 years and have a great time every vacation. The place is very well maintained !! Staff are cleaning and caring for all areas throughout the day.....very impressed. Front desk people are friendly and good at their jobs....always willing to help. The pool is very nice and fairly busy during the day. Great swim up bar....can be hard to get to while in water as some assume its all theirs and wont let others in to order or get drinks at times. Bartenders do their best to get to you as quick as they can. Nice beach area with Palopa trees for shade....careful though as you can still get a sunburn while underneath if there for a long time and no sunscreen. Nice restaurant (Mama Mia's). Good food and service. Music of some sort most nights. Lots of fun. Had a room on the 4th floor this last trip (Early April 2014) and had a great view !! We did have some tiny bugs in our Bathroom the last day or so....hopefully its been dealt with. The one thing that's very annoying is people putting towels etc on lounges by the pool and under Palopas and then leaving for later when its convenient for them. Some are left for hours at a time. Mentioned it to staff as lots of people were bothered by this practice !! Shame on those that have so little concern for others. Really didn't take away from trip....just annoying that some think its ok. Will be back next year !!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank GT1717
Thank you GT1717 for the kid words, We will share all of your comments with our staff. We are glad to hear you enjoyed Mama Mia restaurant, the beach, swimming pool and your 4th floor unit, resulting in a great vacationing experience. I regret that you experienced the inconvience of others saving pool chairs, which we look foward to provent from happening this practice for the fairness of all our guest.
Again thank you for reaching out and we look forward to your next visit.