“Awesome Place”
Review of Baja Point

Baja Point
Ranked #21 of 43 Hotels in San Jose del Cabo
Reviewed 9 June 2014

We arrived at the Grand Regina on May 31st and were greeted by an incredible staff who took complete care of us while we were there. Every detail of this place was awesome.

From the folks at the front desk, Daniel, Javier, Hector, and Carlos who is the head concierge were just fantastic.

All of the folks at both the adult pools and the kids pool were just wonderful. The restaurant El Cieulo was fantastic as were all of the rooms. Which by the way there are only 32 rooms I believe.

The only sad part was that we had to leave. This is definitely a place one should consider staying at if they can. They have 1,2 and 3 bedroom units to choose from if you can actually get in as it may be difficult with the limited apace and that they are all individually owned I believe.

I would also consider the Westin Regina next door as it is absolutely beautiful as well.

Adios, Tim & Dawn-Marie

Room Tip: Depending on the size of your party you can choose 1, 2 and 3 bedroom units.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Tim F

Reviewed 18 May 2014

This is one of the finest properties in all of Cabo Mexico. My wife and I have been owners for about eight years now. We come every year to "OUR HOME IN CABO MEXICO"
The view is spectacular overlooking the water, hearing the crashing waves 24/7/
All rooms are modern two and three bedroom with several baths, kitchens, etc.; and , a nice hot tub on the balcony outside.
With our full kitchen we are able to go to the markets, buy groceries, drinks, etc. to cut down on trip expenditures. Just like at home.
One of the things that has so impressed us is the staff. From the bell staff, front desk they are extra sharp! They seem to know our names as if we lived here permanently. STAFF are all on call 24/7 to come to our room in case of problems.
And I cannot leave without commenting on the maid TWICE DAILY SERVICE! They are sharp, quick, very efficient and quiet. I am sure I will go broke tipping them!!
Jeanete Couto, The Guest Services Manager, and her staff do a very professional job in keeping ALL GUESTS HAPPY! She and her staff work very hard. Special thanks to her staff managers Lizette Aboytes and Jeanete Couto who make sure all guests feel this is their home in MEXICO!

Room Tip: Ocean view important, Rooms on south side see super sunrises, rooms on north view see great sunset...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank eddiethea
Reviewed 28 April 2014

This is by far the nicest resort I have ever stayed at. The services is fantastic. By the end of day one, everyone knows your name and goes above and beyond what is required. There is always a friendly smile at the fron desk and will help you with anything you need.

We have stayed in both two bedroom and three bedroom units, and both had spectacular views of the ocean. I like the two bedroom units slightly better because they were closer to the "Adult" pool. Not really that big of a deal, but something I prefer.

The food was fantastic and, honestly, each meal was more than enough to split with my wife. I am a big eater, so you know its a large portion. When you split, the meals are very affordable and tasty.

I look forward to our next visit!

Room Tip: all rooms have great rooms, except Building Six in the first floor...Floors two and three are fine...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
4  Thank Tom H
Reviewed 24 April 2014

I am writing this review as we get ready to leave tomorrow.......I know I have reviewed this resort before, and it was a great review......but this year it was even better!

The resort is breath taking with views down the cost for 15 miles.....there are only 32 units, so you get a very boutique/spa feeling.....

2 bedroom / 3 bathroom or 3 bedroom / 4 bathroom.....all ocean front going down the cliff....also, each building only has 3 units...1 per floor, so you do not have any neighbors. Very quite, elegant resort with world class service......from check in to the pool butler ....Yes, pool butler that sets up your chairs, gets your towels, brings you complimentary afternoon snacks, ice towels, and the even come around and clean your sun glasses......

It does not get any better than this.

Room Tip: All units are great and the same....building 1,2,3 and 4 are two bedroom units up on top of cliff...
3  Thank paul30
Reviewed 21 April 2014

First off, I want to make sure that everyone is clear on the layout and names of the complexes on this property. The Westin is the giant hotel, Club Regina is the timeshare complex to the East, and Grand Regina is the residential unit complex to the west, with all being reached from the same entrance off the highway. I have the feeling that a couple of the previous reviews were not actually of the Grand Regina, but I digress...

This was a wonderful property with the best service that I have experienced in any vacation destination that we have visited. Everybody likes to be referred to by name, and literally the SECOND time you come into contact with any of the Grand Regina staff, they remember and call you by name- I was Senor Paul all week!! It goes a long way to making you feel at home.

I cannot say any more than the other reviews about the views that the property affords. It is simply breathtaking from all parts of the property, especially the residences. All 2 and 3 bedroom units have the triangular whirlpools on the deck that overlook the Sea of Cortez. Even as late in the migration season as we visited, we still saw whales almost every day. Locals spoke of a high number of killer whales making the trip this year, and we saw one whale vs. seal battle that looked like a scene from a movie.

There are pools on two levels- an adults only infinity pool four stories up, with the kids' pool and another infinity pool on the beach level. The beach level adult pool contains the swim up bar, which has stools that are too high in my opinion. If you choose to sit on them, you're completely out of the water from your waist up. We spent the first couple of days at the upper pool, but found that it's relatively small seating area led to a feeling of being in someone's backyard. After moving to the much more spacious beach level pool area, we enjoyed laying out much more.

There is only one restaurant on the Grand Regina property, and it was wonderful. The food served at the pools was also tasty and served promptly. Staying at the property allows you to use all of the facilities at the Westin next door, including the restaurants, which were also excellent.

The only negative part of our trip was a couple of unwanted bugs in the unit. This seemed to be a result of poor weatherstripping, but it is still not something that I want to deal with at a property of this caliber.

All-in-all, I would highly recommend this property to anyone vacationing in the Los Cabos area. Being halfway between Cabo and SanJose del Cabo is ideal, and I would return in a heartbeat.

Room Tip: I would avoid any rooms that start with 2 (211,212 etc.) The only thing I can attribute our bug exp...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
5  Thank Yobs
Reviewed 17 April 2014

I had stayed at the Westin hotel previously and this time tried the Grand Regina. The condo was very nice, fully equipped kitchen, large living area and a great bedroom with master bath. We had our own hot tub on the balcony. The place was awesome. We cooked some meals and some we had room service, some we ate at the Westin resorts. Adult infinity pool had an amazing view.

There is some walking to get around but we didn't mind, we liked the exercise. Service was always good. My wife was getting Spanish lessons every day offered for free by the resort.

We loved walking on the beach every day, realizing by the pools at both the Grand Regina and the Westin.

Reviewed 10 April 2014

The reviews of this hotel are right on, except for the one that says it was not what he thought it would be and the ocean was far off. I'm confused?? This place is wonderful. The views are spectacular and the property sets right on the beach which is incredible. WE have enjoyed this place and the entire resort. The food is top notch and the views while enjoying dinner are fabulous. I couldn't find anything but the best things to say about this property. WE have stayed at this one, Club Regina and the Westin. All dream hotels!!!! I don't think you could beat it, even if you wanted to pay more. My husband and I prefer the corridor location because its much quieter and less people than in the Cabo city area. If you don't want to spend tons of taxi, rent a car, faculties on property to do that and its very affordable with full coverage. We've done both. Cabo is expensive no matter what you do. Most places are. But we find it to be well worth it.

3  Thank cbhine