“Very unique and enjoyable dining experience”
Review of Casianos

Casianos
Price range: US$100 - US$120
Good for: Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Paseo Malecon
Description: The Restaurant: Situated in Fonatur development, San Jose del Cabo, Casianos Restaurant offers an exceptional culinary experience. With an outstanding mix of products, contemporary techniques and Mexican flavors. Chef Casiano Reyes brings his style of "Spontaneous Cuisine" to Los Cabos. ECLECTIC, MINIMALIST, but yet COLORFUL Our Concept: No menu... No rules... Let "Casiano" surprise you or guide him with your favorite flavors. If you are looking for a complete experience, a five course menu will show you the best of Baja and a taste of what is the true essence of Mexican cuisine. Our Wines: No culinary experience will be complete with out its best partner... Wine. Casianos has a growing wine list that includes world wines along with some of the best Mexico has to offer. Designed to compliment the "spontaneous" style of cuisine the wine has been carefully chosen to fulfill this goal.
Reviewed 28 August 2014

Casianos was a delight. It took a bit to find but in hindsight it was straight forward to find with the right directions. We enjoyed having the chef decide the selection for the meal and the presentation was wonderful. The service was excellent and other than a little more expensive than what I was expecting, it was worth the experience and food quality.

Reviewed 14 August 2014

We have visited Cabo for the past few years and each time it is an absolute must to have dinner at Casianos! We are from NYC and we travel to Europe, as well as Mexico & the Carribean and without question the quality of the food here is amazing. The menu is always perfectly executed. The staff truly takes the time to give you fantastic service by making sure you are taken care of throughout the evening without ever feeling like they are on top of you. In addition to the "5" course tasting menu in which we always have chosen (you can also opt for a "3" course) the chef sends out a few additional tastings which is super generous and each are delicious. The highlight of the meal was the first desert tasting which was a large spoon containing bits of pineapple, rosemary, dark chocolate and blue cheese- honestly there are no words to describe the flavor combination and how well each ingredient complimented one another. Perfection!! Oh...and they are very accommodating in regards to cocktails. My boyfriend requested a specific combo of ingredients and they loved it so much that they said they were going to name it "the Max" cocktail after him. My boyfriend got a kick out of it! Thanks again to all at Casiano for a wonderful & memorable dining experience! Can't wait until our next visit... Julie & Max

Reviewed 11 July 2014

We had dinner here in July 2014. It was recommended by our hotel, and it was outstanding. I am a picky eater, and don't like very spicy food, so I was a little concerned about the spontaneous menu concept.

I was delighted! Every dish was great, they took my concerns about spiciness into account and I thoroughly enjoyed my dinner. I highly recommend Casianos.

Reviewed 24 June 2014

Our group of five dined here early one Friday evening. It was a good thing it was early because when the place filled up the room, the a/c failed - miserably. The room was so stagnant we couldn't wait to leave. (Fans might be a good choice just to move the air around.)

As mentioned previously, there is no menu. You select three or five courses and are asked about allergies. We selected the three course menu option and each course was hit or miss. Our scallops were undercooked - three of the five of us didn't eat them. The lobster tail was overlooked. My steak was so hard, my fork got stuck in the filet. However, our rib and mushroom appetizer was delightful. And a sea bass risotto was also highly praised.

Dessert was decent but heavy on the cream and milk. The pre dessert was a fun experience.

Service was attentive until the room filled up. We were served one cocktail but never offered a second one which was just as well. The house special, a spicy martini, was 'blek'. And the house red wine offered was a brand we get for $9/bottle here at home.

We would not return or recommend it to others. It was the longest and hottest two hours of the trip.

2  Thank K B
Reviewed 9 June 2014

My husband and I had dinner at Casianos 10 days ago after being referred by a friend who said it was great...no menu, the chef prepares what is the best available at the time. The restaurant is lovely...not really Mexican feeling but beautiful! It's also air conditioned which is helpful this time of year. Reservations are necessary during the season. You can choose either a 3 or 4 course dinner. We chose 3 courses which turned out to be 13!! The wait staff is excellent explaining each dish as it was served. Each course had 2 items, not including the amuse bouche and extra sea bass to thank us for coming! Have you ever had a dessert amuse bouche?? Well, you do here...a miniature brownie with a raspberry to start you foo on a dessert plate with 3 delicious items! Here's the amazing part...all this for $60 per person. This would easily be 3 times the price in LA or NY! Don't miss this place...it's a real treat! We can't wait to come back on our next trip to Cabo!

1  Thank ConnieLongBeach
Management response:Responded 10 June 2014

Dera Connie,

thank you so much for your wonderful review! I'm glad you liked the experience at Casianos, and we look forward to welcoming you next time when in town.

Warm greetings and all the best from your friends at Casianos!