Stay as far away from Villa Tranquilidad as possible! There are tons of other beautiful homes in Cabo where you will actually have running water and not be threatened by the property manager...so you can actually relax and enjoy your trip. I stayed at the Villa for 4 days with a group of 14 adults and children. We were there for a family reunion, complete with a our 95 year old great-grandmother, so you can imagine that we were not an overly raucous bunch. We just wanted to enjoy the Cabo sun and spend time with family - but were instead forced to deal with horrible service, a hostile and dishonest on-site property manager, an argumentative owner and a complete lack of basic amenities.
- Barely Running Water - Want a shower after a day in the sun and pool? Not going to happen here. We had running water in the showers for 2 of the 4 days we were there. That meant a day spent by the pool with no way to take a shower - including for your children. The on-site property manager and the owner kept promising that the problem would be fixed immediately but a solution never came. We were lucky when some water did trickle out, although one of the bedrooms had no water for our entire stay.
- No Hot Water - Expecting hot water at your luxury home rental? Not here. Of the 2 days that did have water in the showers, we only had 1 day with any hot water. Again, speaking with the onsite property manager or owner was useless. They did not try to fix the problem until our stay was almost over and that was mainly because they had new renters coming in the next day. At which point, they decided to start heavy construction work (breaking concrete) late at night and early in the morning right outside two of the bedrooms. No sleeping that night.
- Threats - We had about 10 people over for dinner one night. This is a massive house that easily supports the group that came over. Nothing was damaged, music was kept at a low level, and we kept things pretty mellow. However, the property owner sent an email threatening us with a ridiculous event fee if anybody else came over to the house. The threat was reinforced by the onsite property manager who explained they would enforce this by having the security guards (there are two gates you pass through on the road to the property) not allow anybody into the area. So we have rented this massive house and are essentially blackmailed into paying more if we want other friends/family staying in the area to come over. This was in stark contrast with a house which family had rented that same week just across the street (not owned by the same owner). There was no issue at all there and the owner graciously accommodated guests for dinner.
- Locking Access - There is a media room to watch movies, but it's likely you won't be able to use it! The property manager kept it locked and would conveniently disappear so we couldn't actually use it. The room looks great in the photos of the house, but that is the most you will see of it.
- Sewage Smell - There is a great pool and view of the ocean...unfortunately, half the time there was a rotten sewage smell in the area that made it unpleasant to be in. It turns out that all the homes in that area use septic tanks, and for some reason, the tank at this house was not functioning properly. At one point, the whole group left the pool just to get away from the smell, which utterly defeated one of the primary reasons we chose this house.
- Inadequate Supplies - This is a 7 bedroom home, but they had less than 20 towels total for the showers and pool. Couple that with staff that was supposed to provide housekeeping services, but never actually did laundry. We ended up sending somebody to Costco to get us towels. There was also a lack of adequate bedding as well. So if you need a pillow or blanket, better bring it yourself.
It's sad actually. The construction of the house, and the infrastructure of the area, which cannot support it (running water and sewage for example), result in a nightmare. Also, the treatment we received from the owner and property manager was atrocious - I've rented many properties all over the world, and I've never had such an awful experience before. You will spend more time arguing and fending off threats from them, when you should be relaxing and enjoying yourself.
After our stay I reached out to the owner (via the broker through whom we rented the house) to explain our grievances with our stay. I requested one night's refund of our payment in exchange for the horrible experience. Given our experience I thought this was a reasonable request. Basically, I wanted to give them a chance to partially right the wrong before posting any review. As would be expected from our stay, he didn't bother to respond. Hopefully others can learn from my mistake and rent a different villa on their trip.
|How easy was it to book the property?||How helpful were the directions to the property?|
|Overall condition of the property||Bedding & mattresses|
|Kitchen & utensils||Bathroom cleanliness|
|Other facilities & amenities||Service|
|Check-in / front desk||Service|
|People with disabilities||Luxury-minded travelers|