We choose Alegranza for our two month vacation in 2012-it operates on nightly, weekly and monthly rates. As our third trip to San Jose del Cabo, we wanted to stay away from the all-inclusive resorts and Alegranza turned out to be the best idea and we would never stay elsewhere in the future. Relaxing, quiet, luxurious, safe and ideal for couples or families. Definitely five star.
We spent a little extra for the top floor condo which was more than worth it! Our condo, with two levels of balconies, had incredible, panoramic ocean views and looked over the golf course. The kitchen was very well equipped with granite counters, nice appliances and also a built in bbq, so we prepared most meals ourselves and enjoyed them on the balcony with the view. From the bed linens and towels to the double sink massive bathrooms, it was all luxury, including sky TV and wireless Internet.
On the property there are three beautiful pools and two hot tubs that are clean and well maintained, and very quiet. Nothing like a typical resort. The grounds were continuously groomed and nice to walk through with many tropical plants, palms and cactus throughout the expansive area.
There are great gym facilities and a well-lit tennis court as well as a small putting and pitching green for golf practice.
The location was great, close walking distance to the old town, the beach and groceries from either Mega or Walmart. Punts Sur golf course is a short walk away and with discounts from Alegranza, an afternoon round with cart and clubs was very reasonable.
All of the staff were incredibly friendly and helpful in all matters, accommodating any needs we had and the smiling 24-hour security at the front gate gave us a feeling of ease. For us, the fantastic concierge, Esther, helped make our time exceptional, arranging everything from reservations to excursions to rental cars.
The dining options on site were fantastic with fresh and unique menus- and very reasonable prices, quite surprising for such a high class place.
Our vacation and stay at Alegranza could not have been better and we would recommend it to anyone. A perfect choice!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Alegranza Residential Resort is an exclusive community located on the serene residential golf course of San Jose del Cabo, one of the best places to vacation in Mexico, within walking distance to the beach and the historic downtown, where the best restaurants in Cabo and shopping can be found.From its hilltop location Alegranza dominates the entire San Jose Bay, from Punta Gorda to Palmilla, offering you magnificent unobstructed views to the Sea of Cortez, the best fairways and golf in Cabo, the estuary, the Puerto Los Cabos marina and the desert.Carefully designed by Carlos Herrera, the architect who built Las Ventanas villas, widely acclaimed for his tasteful Mexican touch, Alegranza is a celebration of splendid scenes, fresh sea breezes, incomparable location and architecture that will please your senses.This architectural masterpiece is the result of a detailed analysis of the most discerning clients’ needs, where comfort, open spaces, quality features and high-end finishes, perfectly harmonize with class, elegance and Mexican charm ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Ebookers, Booking.com, Hotels.com, HotelsClick, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your Alegranza reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Alegranza Hotel San Jose Del Cabo
- Alegranza Los Cabos, Mexico - San Jose Del Cabo