I stayed here for one night after I flew into Cabo San Jose. I was by myself - my husband picked me up the next day - and I felt completely comfortable here. This hotel has years of history and charm and you really feel it when you're here. The rooms are done in a traditional Mexican style with bright colored spreads on the bed. The room was very clean. Not luxurious, but quite comfortable. I had a room on the main level looking out over the pool and it was very nice.
I was never able to get internet although the hotel did say they had free WiFi. When I asked about it, I was told that they'd been having problems with it. No big deal for me, but I know some of the guests were a bit upset. I think this was just temporary, however.
I loved sitting by the pool. It was very comfy with big lounge chairs. One of the women had a massage while I was there - they do it poolside in a cabana - and she really enjoyed it. It was quite reasonably priced. I was able to order a drink and read poolside and it was so nice. The people were friendly and were always asking if I needed anything at all.
I had dinner there that night and I found it delightful. The food was great - I had shrimp that was caught locally because it was in season - and it had perfect flavors. I sat inside at a small table and enjoyed the live music they had - it was a family singing traditional Mexican songs. Not something I usually listen to, but it was perfect for the atmosphere. I ordered a margarita and it was delicious.
The next morning, the hotel offered free breakfast, but I discovered that they only include fruit, muffin and juice, so I ordered an egg and tea. The extra made for a perfect start to the day and it wasn't expensive.
This is really a nice location - you can get a shuttle from the airport for a reasonable price (taxis are too over-priced) and then walk around in the small shops in the old part of Cabo San Jose. It's really very lovely and I enjoyed that night to relax and unwind after traveling.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Tropicana Inn Located in the Art District of San Jose del Cabo. Tropicana Inn offers our guests a great atmosphere and quality services. A colonial mexican hacienda-style meets tropical ambiance and the essence of a boutique hotel to put within your reach what we truly believe are the best dining and lodging services among Los Cabos hotels. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Tropicana Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tropicana Hotel San Jose Del Cabo
- Tropicana San Jose Del Cabo
- Tropicana Inn Los Cabos, Mexico - San Jose Del Cabo