“Nice place to stai in San Jose”
Review of Tropicana Inn

Tropicana Inn
Ranked #24 of 43 Hotels in San Jose del Cabo
Reviewed 19 August 2013

What I liked most:
- location, just in the center of San Jose, within walking distance from everything
- room: very clean, comfy bed, nice bathroom in Mexican style
- the pool: fantastic, surrounded by a quiet garden
- staff: helpful and nice

What I didn't like:
- Breakfast: very poor

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Tropicana Inn

Reviewed 14 August 2013

A very nice clean, friendly hotel. The grounds are very pretty around the attractive pool. This is not a resort, but to stay here for a night or two while exploring would be very worthwhile. PS I believe the restaurant may be worth passing up, however I did not eat there myself. My impression was there are less expensive eateries close by that are of high quality.

Room Tip: very nice pool
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank aeronc
Reviewed 4 August 2013

Been here in low season (august), with few people around and few people in the hotel. Tropicana Inn is nice, very quiet (far from the street), with a pool in the court. Rooms are big and clean, staff friendly and helpful. WiFi works well. I didn't appreciate the included continental breakfast, that could be better.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 August 2013

I stayed here for one night after I flew into Cabo San Jose. I was by myself - my husband picked me up the next day - and I felt completely comfortable here. This hotel has years of history and charm and you really feel it when you're here. The rooms are done in a traditional Mexican style with bright colored spreads on the bed. The room was very clean. Not luxurious, but quite comfortable. I had a room on the main level looking out over the pool and it was very nice.

I was never able to get internet although the hotel did say they had free WiFi. When I asked about it, I was told that they'd been having problems with it. No big deal for me, but I know some of the guests were a bit upset. I think this was just temporary, however.

I loved sitting by the pool. It was very comfy with big lounge chairs. One of the women had a massage while I was there - they do it poolside in a cabana - and she really enjoyed it. It was quite reasonably priced. I was able to order a drink and read poolside and it was so nice. The people were friendly and were always asking if I needed anything at all.

I had dinner there that night and I found it delightful. The food was great - I had shrimp that was caught locally because it was in season - and it had perfect flavors. I sat inside at a small table and enjoyed the live music they had - it was a family singing traditional Mexican songs. Not something I usually listen to, but it was perfect for the atmosphere. I ordered a margarita and it was delicious.

The next morning, the hotel offered free breakfast, but I discovered that they only include fruit, muffin and juice, so I ordered an egg and tea. The extra made for a perfect start to the day and it wasn't expensive.

This is really a nice location - you can get a shuttle from the airport for a reasonable price (taxis are too over-priced) and then walk around in the small shops in the old part of Cabo San Jose. It's really very lovely and I enjoyed that night to relax and unwind after traveling.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the pool if you want to be close to the restaurant and the pool. If there...
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 28 July 2013

Stayed at the tropicana for one night on our way to Los Cabo.
Very clean hotel.
Staff was extremely friendly. My wife and I wanted a beer...we popped into the office and minutes later a waiter arrived asking if we needed anything.
Small pool.
Great for a night or two.
Location is perfect.
I think a person may run out of things to do after a few days.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 June 2013

Not amazing, but the location is great if you want to check out San Jose de los Cabos. Staff is super nice and the do their best. I really thought that it was a nice place to stay. Pool is small and swim up bar is small too, but it is clean. The birds were beautiful and the spa looked inviting. The free breakfast is just fruit, a muffin and coffee/juice. You can add on more at an average price. Location is great. If bar is not maned, you can ask them for drinks and they will be brought to you.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank s6500rs1
Reviewed 29 May 2013

For the past 4 years, when we come to Cabo San Lucas our first stop is the Tropicana Inn. Since it is in close proximity to the San Jose airport and we normally fly in as it is getting dark, we like to stay overnight and start out early in the morning for our 30 ride down the coast to Cabo San Jose. We enjoy eating a nice meal at the restaurant located on the main street when we arrive and breakfast before we start our next day.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple