“Lots of fun for the family!”
Review of Sierra Buggies

Sierra Buggies
Ranked #15 of 56 Tours in San Jose del Cabo
More attraction details
Owner description: Get way off the beaten track and explore the rugged terrain of Baja's High Sierra country! You'll drive your own 650cc Sand Spider buggy, specially adapted for the Baja's famous off-road trails, enjoying stunning desert landscapes as we traverse the protected UNESCO Biosphere Reserve north of Cabo San Lucas.Experience beautiful panoramic views and see a little of the hidden part of Cabo as we travel through mountain trails and dry river beds, taking in this spectacular work of nature, and finish off your tour with a swim in one of the Sierra's hidden freshwater pools.Discover Baja with us!
Reviewed 17 March 2013

Excellent day - really enjoyed seeing the "back country" and spending some time with Sue and her staff. Buggies were a ton of fun and we even learned a bit about the local nature along the way.

Reviewed 6 March 2013

The first full day of our visit to Cabo San Lucas, we jumped on these buggies and had a LOT of fun. Flying through the sand next to the ocean, hitting some fun trails, driving down a dry river bed, and even going over a ramp or two - this excursion couldn't have been set up much better. No regrets! I would do this again and again!

Reviewed 26 February 2013 via mobile

This buggy trip was alot of fun! Suzy, the guide was super nice and had alot of interesting stories. The oasis pond was beautiful with clear water, although the water was cold for this time of the year. My only complaint would be that I wished it lasted longer and I wished I'd also taken more pictures or video, but I was afraid to drop my camera on the bumpy ride. Overall, alot of fun and great sites.

Reviewed 26 February 2013

Sue and her crew are amazing! We had a great time driving, hiking, taking a dip in the lake, learning about the ecosystem in the area and having lunch with Sue.

See more reviews
Reviewed 16 February 2013

We booked a Sierra Buggies tour through Cabo San Lucas Tours in advance of our February trip. When we booked the tour we specified that that our hotel was the Riu Santa Fe and the tickets we received from Cabo San Lucas Tours reflected that.

On the morning of our tour we woke up early, dressed, got breakfast and headed to the hotel lobby. We waited in the hotel lobby for over 30 minutes and the shuttle never showed up to get us... Twenty minutes after our scheduled pick-up we saw the Sierra Buggies shuttle, which prominently features their logo, drive from the Riu Palace hotel down the street and out of the complex. The Riu Santa Fe, where we were staying and the Riu Palace share the same driveway you see. I ran after the shuttle and tried to flag it down, but it didn't stop... I was very upset at this point! Here I had dished out nearly $300 for this trip and the driver screwed up my excursion by going to the wrong hotel...

I immediately called Cabo San Lucas Tours and explained what had happened. The woman from Cabo San Lucas Tours put me on hold and called the driver. When she got back on the phone with me she explained the driver had gone to our hotel and we weren't there. He blamed the situation on us and lied to her! I went from upset to really upset. This driver was lying and I was being held responsible, even though I was there on time and he screwed up. Eventually we got everything sorted and Cabo San Lucas Tours refunded my money and booked us on an ATV tour instead. I suspect if I had booked directly with Sierra Buggies I would have been out $300 because they would have believed the driver's story. Thankfully I'd booked with Cabo San Lucas Tours, a third party, and they backed me.

Dealing with Sierra Buggies was disappointing and frustrating. I'm sure many people have had good experiences with them but our experience was sadly not good.

5  Thank samscholes